Lost in the wastelands
the vehicle

Attachments

• m113.jpg
    m113.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 2,488
So generally what civs would use this?

Oh and by the way great looking unit :D

eriq2, you could just about let any civ use it, its probably one of the most commonly used apc's around

yes, jamesjkirk, there will be a Khaki Green, UN, and several other versions coming but right now I'm back to doing a bit of work on the mod. should be soon tho

Originally posted by eriq2
So generally what civs would use this?

Just about every country that bought US equipement in the 60's, 70's and 80's, over 50 countries use or have used it. Probably any country not in the Soviet block, use one of the 40 variants. There are 80,000 still in service, and new versions and variants are still in production. US is still using quite a few in Iraq, latest US Army version dates from 1987-1992.

<------- happy c0w!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, many nations used these (over 50) and there have been enormous numbers built (over 80,000) in all sorts of varients from mortrar, to command posts, to TOW launchers, etc.

This is generally not a fighting vehicle, like the Bradley, more of a "battlefield taxi" that affored some protection. It is light and air mobile, is built out of aluminum (spelling?) and is capable of swimming over bodies of water.

Hmm, this may make an interesting upgrade to an infantry-carrying truck, with some ability to defend itself, which is cheap if you have aluminum as a resource.

Yay! Exelent work riptide. I realy needed this one.

When you do this one in green can you make it quite a bright green, then I can do a colour replace job on it to make a grey, dark brown and olive versions. The green that you used on the Mechwarrior hovertanks would be great.

Good unit there ripptide.:goodjob: Just out of curiosity, does anybody out there know how many tank-type units there are to download? :confused:

Originally posted by xghost
Good unit there ripptide.:goodjob: Just out of curiosity, does anybody out there know how many tank-type units there are to download? :confused:

I have 39 in my Excel spreadsheet, not including futuristic tanks. But it's a bit out of date, and it doesn't include some "artillery tanks"

39! That's a lot of tanks, and you say that's not all of them Steph! :eek: Thanks for the info Steph, really helpful! Truly!!!:goodjob:

A UN version of this would be hands down the best unit ever. Period. Better than Napoleanic Infantry or Musket Infantry or any of the tanks or anythin. It would beat out your mechs too, and that's saying a lot since I found your mechs to be about the highest queality units I've seen on these forums.

Originally posted by xghost
39! That's a lot of tanks, and you say that's not all of them Steph! :eek: Thanks for the info Steph, really helpful! Truly!!!:goodjob:

I try to keep an Excel spreadsheet with all the animation I think worth downloading. It includes the name, a note (1 to 10), and the list of available animation (fidget, death, attack, etc).
Right now, I have 280 entries, but I've a lot of jobs to add the recently done units

Hmmz, I tested both your units ripptide (M113 Desert & M113 ADATS) but I have a problem. The M113 ADATS works fine but the sound of the M113 Desert is doing a bit weird!

The M113Run & M113Death are doing fine but the M113AttackA sound is giving me a crapy sound. if i run it in winamp there is no problem. Any suggestions?

And two.
If I compare the M113 Desert with the M113 ADATS, the M113 Desert is a lot smaller than the M113 ADATS!?!?! Did u do this on purpuse or is it me who is whining :)

Plz mate reply!

Cheers,

You wrote

Hmmz, I tested both your units ripptide (M113 Desert & M113 ADATS) but I have a problem. The M113 ADATS works fine but the sound of the M113 Desert is doing a bit weird!

I orginally told Ripp About that problem in the beta running, but I see he didn't correct it, What I found that Worked was swaping the M113AttackA.wav file with MarinesAttack.wav & have had no problems with it now....Klyde :thumbsup:

P.S. the Wav can be found in
C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Art\units\Marine
Don't forget to change the file names in the M113 INI.file

Top Bottom