Heroes of Might and Wisdom

Game still crashes when clicking on "HELP."

Game still has crashing problems in general. I made a save this time. Small Pangaea map as Protoss vs all of the new civs. Game will crash after the barbarian phase after clicking next turn.
Save file: http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=365437&stc=1&d=1385583630
Lua file: http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=365435&stc=1&d=1385583630

Murlocs are the only civ that have nothing to say when you meet them.

Trolls still give advice about the Frenzy talent according to the old version of Frenzy.

Tauren need a fresh water start bias to ensure their capital is able to build a totem. That, or make it so totems don't require fresh water to build.

Attachments

• Lua5.zip
    9.5 KB · Views: 71
  • Zeratul_0031 BC-2760.zip
    484.1 KB · Views: 64
@bc1 and Hambil
thanks for the effort to work with Enhanced User Interface DLC!
I'll test and include the changes in release

it works fine!
need to change this line in HeroesNotifications.xml:
<NotificationType>NotificationTypes.NOTIFICATION_REFRESH_STACK_SIZE</NotificationType>
to
<NotificationType>NOTIFICATION_REFRESH_STACK_SIZE</NotificationType>

@hiddensquire
I'll debug the save, seem a database error

Downloading and testing now. Spells are good if used properly - especially the combination of allure and haste to clear a barb camp. Haste is a aura I know but still.

However I will be testing this right away and will be thrilled to see more balance in the trees. I would like to suggest tying the firebolt staffs power to wisdom not might rather than changing it to a club - that would give wizards a better chance of surviving and gaining xp until they are powerful enough to be useful.

Question - does base might increase range damage like from an archer? Switch that to base wisdom might help balance the classes so people stay on the intended upgrade path.

Also, there are several systems out there that include changes to the base unit promotion system that would be cool to work with - e.g. have pray allow you to choose x promotions so you could get stuff like whoward's (like terrain crossing -- http://www.picknmixmods.com/mods/4f184876-e029-4aad-98a4-10e5334ce52e/mod.html) without you (the mod author) having to know they exist?

I changed the firebolt to Knockback, and it's meant to be a mage skill, maybe the name is misleading like a mace, but what I want is, a mage use his magic staff to force an enemy back and deal some damage, it's a common skill in RPG, while mages are weak in melee, they use this skill to drive back nearby enemy. Maybe you can give a better name for this skill?

Might/Wisdom don't change damages, they only affect abilities

Game still crashes when clicking on "HELP."

Game still has crashing problems in general. I made a save this time. Small Pangaea map as Protoss vs all of the new civs. Game will crash after the barbarian phase after clicking next turn.
Save file: http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=365437&stc=1&d=1385583630
Lua file: http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=365435&stc=1&d=1385583630

Murlocs are the only civ that have nothing to say when you meet them.

Trolls still give advice about the Frenzy talent according to the old version of Frenzy.

Tauren need a fresh water start bias to ensure their capital is able to build a totem. That, or make it so totems don't require fresh water to build.

play that save to turn 40 without problem
seems whatever cause the crash is already fixed

ChangeLog V9:
Besides bug fix, V9 try to balance the Talents/Artifacts/Abilities System, make some changes
that enhance the spell casters, and make each class of Heroes different from other classes.

Artifacts:
Add base Might/Wisdom requirements for all artifacts, heroes can no longer equip all
artifacts, instead, they get those best for their own class
Magic Staff now grant 50% more experience and Magic Axe now grant 15% combat strength bonus

Abilities:
Reduce skill damage by around 10% - 20%
All spell range start at 3
Change Fire Bolt to Lighting Bolt, a battle Mage use his magic staff to knock an enemy back
and deal some damage, very useful for clear barbarian camp and enemy unit in city

Talents:
The Might/Wisdom talent now increase bass Might/Wisdom by 1 for each level
Frenzy not longer ignore cooldown, but grant 20% extra skill damage
Eagle Eye replace Regeneration as the level 2 Secondary Wisdom talent, now it grant +2 spell
range

Bug fix and other balance changes:
Fix bug when heroes upgrade to navy units
Use single Unit Model for heroes
You can only upgrade unit type of Heroes in your own territory
Treasure Hunt cooldown changed to 7 turns
Thanks bc1 and Hambil for help make this MOD work with Enhanced User Interface DLC

Thanks for HiddenSquire, townkrier, Hambil, zclient, cloud1234, wanren217, dalep and many players join the beta testing of this version, thanks for their help to find many bugs and balance problems.

All stars MOD ChangeLog V7
Add 5 new Races : Nage, Murlocs, Primal Zerg, Troll and Tauren
Great Person Improvement can improve all resource now
Add 20 damage for protoss spells
Fix bug that Trade Ship can't improve oil
Remove the free great scientist from Statue Of Lothar
Arrest Summit now grant +1 gold for writers and musicians
Recude level requirements for Khala Policies

Thanks HiddenSquire, townkrier, Marcus Aveon, Square Lemons and other players help desgin these new races.

I liked this mod, but some things frust me.

Ligthing bolt is boring. I fire against AI and unit move back and my units go crazy and moves too... AI use againt me and my hereos goes into middle of enemys army.

I think there are to many hereos, AI makes me a flood of Heroes and normal units isnt important. AI conqquer a city with few heroes...

I liked this mod, but some things frust me.

Ligthing bolt is boring. I fire against AI and unit move back and my units go crazy and moves too... AI use againt me and my hereos goes into middle of enemys army.

I think there are to many hereos, AI makes me a flood of Heroes and normal units isnt important. AI conqquer a city with few heroes...

This mod is far from finished and I'm not satisfied with some features too.
Will need time to improve and feedbacks from players are important.

How can your hero unit move when firing Ligthing bolt? can you give a more detailed description? A lua log or a screenshot shows how them moves? this should not happen without a bug there

for AI heroes, yes they get a lot of bonus, but they can't use skill/spell as clever as human player, so I think the bonus is fair. This mod should be played in RPG way. you can try to upgrade your hero by killing barbarians in early, and foucs on upgrading hero units in entire game, normal units are really not imporant

This mod is far from finished and I'm not satisfied with some features too.
Will need time to improve and feedbacks from players are important.

How can your hero unit move when firing Ligthing bolt? can you give a more detailed description? A lua log or a screenshot shows how them moves? this should not happen without a bug there

for AI heroes, yes they get a lot of bonus, but they can't use skill/spell as clever as human player, so I think the bonus is fair. This mod should be played in RPG way. you can try to upgrade your hero by killing barbarians in early, and foucs on upgrading hero units in entire game, normal units are really not imporant

Look at my screenshot. I use ligthing bolt from my merlin to a greek pikeman at hill in front of my longswordman. I had my musketman at florest next my city. After lighting bolt greek pikeman goes to musketman place and musketman goes to my citadel. Another greek still at same place. Greek hereos use lighing bold and my units go back. I think it's unfair.

ps: cant upload screenshot... TGA file..

How can your hero unit move when firing Lightning bolt? can you give a more detailed description? A lua log or a screenshot shows how them moves? this should not happen without a bug there

for AI heroes, yes they get a lot of bonus, but they can't use skill/spell as clever as human player, so I think the bonus is fair. This mod should be played in RPG way. you can try to upgrade your hero by killing barbarians in early, and focus on upgrading hero units the entire game, normal units are really not important

I've seen Lightning Bolt move more than one unit too, but I thought it was a feature, not a bug. I will save the log the next time I see it.

Actually, I think the AI heroes aren't getting enough of a bonus. Even on Deity difficulty, I've had cases where my heroes have mostly unique artifacts and are facing up against AI heroes with only magic artifacts. Once again, this makes my Berserkers useless...

Hambil said:
It turns out they actually are - because hero abilities can't be used against cities. So without regular units or unneeded risk to your hero base units you can't take a city. Which I think is good, btw.
Sure you can. Just make one or two of your heroes into siege units. If you've been working on them well enough, they could have 2-4 attacks each, able to take down a city in no time. Normal units really are useless by comparison. They can't keep up with the movement speed of heroes and just slow you down. If city-states ever give them to me, I always either delete them instantly for cash or station them in an empty city for barbarian defense. The only exception to this rule is if I'm playing as the Trolls. Units that double heal every turn are nothing to spit at.

Download it here
I know this is not fully tested, but I'd like to release the beta asap and let you help testing it. V10 add more artifact and abilities, make each class of hero really different from each other, and a new inventory UI:
Spoiler :

ChangeLog V10:
When using melee skills, hero receive counter attack damage.

New Artifacts and Abilities:
Add 5 new artifact classes : Cloak, Mace, Necklace, Wand and Hammer
Add 6 new abilities : Blink(Adventure), Smash(Skill), Thunder Hummer(Skill), Mind Control(Spell), Death Coil(Skill), Avator(Aura)
Now each class of hero will be able to use different artifacts and abilities
So the base Might/Wisdom requirement for artifacts are removed

New UI:
Add new Inventory UI, the Talents, Artifacts Shop and Upgrade UI are all merged into the Inventory UI

Consumables:
Add a first class of Consumables : Potions
Each hero have 6 bag slot that can hold consumables that drop from ability kills, and can use them in the inventory UI
There will be new consumables coming in future version.

Other Change:
Savage talents now leech artifacts from normal units
Only male heroes can use Taunt
Female heroes can only use Allure with a book
Calmdown now require a Staff to cast
No cooldown requirement for FreeUpgrade
Remove instantly heal
Increase Barbarian camp spawning rate

All Stars V8:
Sarah Kerrigan's UA change to double unit production speed, but these units are weaker in defense
Add murlocs city names
Push back prereq tech for Black temple, Skovos and Karazhan
Reduce SCV food and production bonus
Trait Medic now heal 20 HP as expected

Testing V10

I'm just in the begining, but i've found a bug:

- My warrior has a promotion with red circle icon promotion that says TXT_KEY_HOMW_THE_SWARN and TXT_KEY_HOMW_THE_SWARN_HELP.
- Check Mace. My hero get a mace and i cant use agains barbarians. I tested just once, i will try more. Against another civs works well.
- When i use MIND CONTROL with CASSANDRA hereo my games crashes. Tested sometimes to get sure, and just with cassandra crashes. Another hereos doest crash with MIND CONTROL.

Testing V10

I'm just in the begining, but i've found a bug:

- My warrior has a promotion with red circle icon promotion that says TXT_KEY_HOMW_THE_SWARN and TXT_KEY_HOMW_THE_SWARN_HELP.
- Check Mace. My hero get a mace and i cant use agains barbarians. I tested just once, i will try more. Against another civs works well.
- When i use MIND CONTROL with CASSANDRA hereo my games crashes. Tested sometimes to get sure, and just with cassandra crashes. Another hereos doest crash with MIND CONTROL.

TXT_KEY_HOMW_THE_SWARN
if you are not using Sarah Kerrigan, it seems the total number of promotions exceed 200(once that happen, all promotions with id > 200 will be given to all unit), you need to uncheck some other mod that defines many promotions

for mace, can you give a lua log following this post:
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/181360478/864980277622206357/

for MIND CONTROL, it only work on non-Hero unit, you should see a message showing "Can't use on Hero", shouldn't crash game, let me check

I can see why you wanted to get this out as soon as possible: it's beautiful. I'm also looking forward to the ability to swap items that I saw under "TBD."

You pushed the wonders back, but the production cost for them remains the same as it was before. Compare Karazhan and Black Temple with Stromgarde Wall and Shado-pan Monastery.

The Windforce hero ability no longer affects Strafe at all; probably a bug that occurred when you were changing the artifact slots.

Heroes no longer anger city-states when passing through their territory, even when not friends. I hope this is a feature and not a bug, because I like it!

Normal units have "The Swarm" as a selectable promotion, even when you're not playing as Kerrigan's civ. I have no other mods that add promotions enabled.

I am fairly sure Canabrava doesn't mean he's casting Mind Control on heroes, but rather that his female hero Cassandra is casting it. In other words, he's saying it crashes whenever that specific hero uses it on anyone. I didn't test that hero, but the game did crash for me when I tried to have Gul'dan use Mind Control on a barbarian stationed inside a barbarian camp.

Aura ability "Avator" should be spelled "Avatar."

The endurance pillar contains the very useful Survival 1 & 2 promotions, but now more than half of the heroes have to waste talents to get them, since lower spell cooldowns are useless to a character that cannot cast spells. This hurts for Rangers in particular because the pillar is very close, but still useless. You should give Rangers at least one artifact that grants at least one spell. Even Paladins should at least have access to the Calmdown spell, in my opinion. Marialists and Berserkers are fine without spells, though, since their pillars are far away.

The Weakness talent in the Sorcery pillar is only half useful to males, making this the only sexist talent. It would be nice if it was extra burning effect for Allure AND Taunt, especially since Taunt is male-only now.

There is no more need for a Might handicap for female heroes, now that Taunt is a male-only spell. I can't tell whether you have already changed this or not.

It is very annoying when I get the Woodsman promotion from Prayer, because I usually also build Terokkar Forest later, and then it's like I wasted a promotion for that hero. This happens to me almost every game. You should take Woodsman out of the available promotions for Prayer and make it exclusive to that wonder. This will also make an otherwise unimpressive wonder more useful.

Jaina Proudmore's Summon Elemental ability should not produce a unit that requires horses. That strategic resource penalty can really hurt.

Still need to get credit for killing barbarians near city-states with skills and spells.

Prayer is still better than Resurrection. You should switch their places on the pillar.

Edit: New information, MAJOR bug found, and some more minor bugs

Upgrading heroes for the first time claims to cost $0, as usual, but when you actually do it, it charges the full price, if the unit is upgrading to a land unit. If it upgrades to a sea unit, it costs $0 as normal, but does not actually upgrade the hero. Instead, it creates a new sea unit on top of the embarked hero land unit, and the hero stays the same unit it was before. Also, the price to upgrade does not change when upgrading from land unit to sea unit, and it doesn't eliminate move, either. I was able to have one hero in the water produce an infinite number of free privateers this way. I can also delete them as I create them for infinite money. I noticed this when I upgraded my heroes all at once and suddenly my treasury value was a negative number and I was losing science. The LUA log contains no error messages on the matter.

The Avatar aura sounds awesome, but does not seem to actually work. When I had an enchantress unit hero use it, the promotion appeared on the unit, but it did not actually get multiple attacks. It did get extra move, but all of its movement went away after one attack. Then, the next turn, the unit became confused, like it should. But it provided no advantage in exchange for that confusion!

Once again confirming that Mind Control crashes the game, although I've still only tried it with Gul'dan. But it crashes whether I use it on a barbarian or on a Civ's unit.

I can't reproduce the mind control bug, when I use mind control on a barb camp, I can take take control of the barb warrior, and clear the camp and get an artifacts, the next turn, the warrior return to barb correctly
can you attach a save file before crash, I'll debug it

and the Calmdown spell, after add potions, might heroes can heal themself, so I left the Calmdown for only mages, orelse mages will be more useless

You should give Rangers at least one artifact that grants at least one spell. Even Paladins should at least have access to the Calmdown spell, in my opinion. Marialists and Berserkers are fine without spells, though, since their pillars are far away.

Once again confirming that Mind Control crashes the game, although I've still only tried it with Gul'dan. But it crashes whether I use it on a barbarian or on a Civ's unit.

Top Bottom