Crash to desktop

_G-Force_

Chieftain
Whenever I end my current turn in my game, it crashes to my desktop without any notice. It's a very nice game and I would like to be able to play. It is my first Conquest game.

I uploaded the savefile: save

System specifications:
2.53GHz
512 MB RAM
Radeon 9000 64MB

I tried reloading an autosave, changing under a different name but no luck, if I move the last worker in my game it crashes.

Any ideas what might have caused it? How to fix it? Thx!

G-Force

The same for me. You press <space> and it crashes. No message, no nothing. I have no clue... ???

I've started a new game, I hope I'll be able to get past the date.

Maybe it has something to do with the palace, it is completely build so if the game wants to give me another section ...

G-Force

I get the same error using patch 1.20.

Have you used any kind of utility, or was the game started using a mod or scenario?

How did the subsequent attempts go. Have you managed to get past this date yet?

No succes getting past the date. I did make it in other games though. I did not use any utility, mod or scenario.

G-Force

I have a similar problem in my lan-game... sometimes it crashes to desktop in the beginning of the turn, when the AI it doing it's moves... I play a simultanesly turns.. After that I can load my quicksave but it is very annoying and time taking... the problem occurs quite often approx once in halv an hour...

Another interresting thing that happened in the game was that when I used the conscript button I got a mech inf, but it had my cousin's color.

I tried loading the saved file, crash.sav,and got an error "DataIO Error", with text that says "DataIO operation System error: DATE". I'm running Windows XP Home edition. My Conquests patch version is 1.22. You didn't say which patch version you're running, so possibly the DataIO Error is because the file was created with a Conquests version priior to v 1.22.

jeannie said:
I tried loading the saved file, crash.sav,and got an error "DataIO Error", with text that says "DataIO operation System error: DATE". I'm running Windows XP Home edition. My Conquests patch version is 1.22. You didn't say which patch version you're running, so possibly the DataIO Error is because the file was created with a Conquests version priior to v 1.22.
As jeannie states, Data I/O errors are due to trying to load saves from different versions (or corrupted saves).

Did you start the game with a different patch? Usually, it'll say something like DataIO Error.

Have you tried loading the 2nd most recent autosave. I have had the power go out on me several times and each time my last autosave produce the I/O data error message. But when I loaded the 2nd most recent autosave it was fine. That is in a C3C 1.22 game.

Top Bottom