Favorite Custom game?

AlextheGr8

Warlord
I'm looking for suggestions on a fun custom game.

So far I've only been playing a custom game on a large earth map with 6-10 civs. No barbarians, no ruins, normal difficulty and regular resources. I usually just set domination to win.

Any suggestions for a good custom game? What are your favorites?

I'm looking for suggestions on a fun custom game.

So far I've only been playing a custom game on a large earth map with 6-10 civs. No barbarians, no ruins, normal difficulty and regular resources. I usually just set domination to win.

Any suggestions for a good custom game? What are your favorites?

This setup sounds like the game would move quite slow. For a faster game go small continents/pangea and start in a later era (esp. if you don't want to wait around for the civ's UU. I tend to go low sea level for extra land. Also, try to nail all the achievements.

Also if you put barbarians back on make sure you increase the # of civs. Otherwise your map will just be swarming with them.

Peace

lately i've been playing Pangea, (In your case Prince difficult) and I set Tiny map, but I go then to advanced settings and I add 3 or 4 Civ's
It gets intense if you don't act quickly :p
Try it ;)

I like slow games. Gives me time to build up a country and army, rather than at each others throats right away with weak boring early game units and no city defenses. I will try different maps and maybe 3-4 ai players. Thanks for the tips.

Usually I play Prince/King level games. However, I changed the victory conditions to only be Time and Domination and jumped up the difficulty to Emperor. I was randomly given the Japanese which has been great because it's been a lot of battle. Continents plus map, marathon speed, normal resources, policy saving, standard size with two extra civs. It's been a great game. I feel like as long as I am alive, I have a chance. No sneaky cultural wins from the AI (I'm looking at you India).

Play a sandstorm map with sparse resources. Requires greater strategy than any other setup I've come across.

standard pangaea map with 8 civs, 8 CSs (to limit diplo), low sea levels, and play with a naval empire kind of Civ (england, ottomans, etc). be sure and restart if you dont start near a coast but if you choose strategic balance youll probably get a coast.

makes for nice surprises by attacking by sea on a pangaea map, haha. also makes you balance land and water battle. honestly, i only play some custom stuff to make me use units i otherwise dont bother with, like naval units. you can choose the speed/difficulty for your preference.

I like to play Emperor, Continents Plus, small map but boosted to 8 Civs and only 8 CS. I make rules for myself such as:

- Trade resources for 7 GPT and 20 gold upfront, when possible anyways
- Only open borders for open borders, no gold farming from the AI for open borders
- Make DoFs and comply with friend requests (these early friends will be friendly the whole game, unless I do something stupid like ignore their settling requests or take friendly CS)

Also, I try not to play the same old Great Library rush, Hagia for Porcelain Tower routine. That is a great strategy for competitive GotM but it makes the game stale for me if thats the only way I ever play.

Bump the difficulty level up and pick a map type that really suits your civ. e.g. highlands for Inca, or Terra for Spain. Reroll maps until you get a really good start. It's a good learning experience for handling higher difficulties, as you get some advantages.

My next game I might try a legendary start game, I never tried that yet.

Top Bottom