PolyCast Episode 29 with "Impaler[WrG]", "GarretSidzaka" and "Elhoim"

DanQ

Owner, Civilized Communication
The twenty-ninth episode of PolyCast has arrived! Entitled "Can of Worms" (59m40s), first-time guest co-host Oscar "Elhoim" Velzi joins regular co-hosts Daniel "DanQ" Quick and Wouter "Locutus" Snijders with returning guest co-hosts Kenneth "Impaler[WrG]" Ferland and Tony "GarretSidzaka" Kiehl. The four will return in seven days for the podcast's thirtieth episode as another back-to-back-to-back set of new episodes in as many consecutive weeks continues.

Topics for this outing are:

NEWS (03m03s)
The Civilization: IV: Beyond the Sword version 3.13 patch has arrived and a wayward preview of Civilization: Revolution.

MODCAST (23m40s)
Should athesim be a religion in Civ.

SENATE (33m44s)
Do you conquer your enemies completely or in degrees and best practices for intercontinental warfare.

VAULT (SENATE) (49m55s)
A tri-Wonder discussion: those to bring back from Civ titles before IV, the most improved Wonder that first appeared in Civ before -- and now -- in IV and general rules of thumb for building Wonders period.

MAILBAG (52m57s)
A voicemail message from a repeat caller informs us of new options for running BtS on a Mac.

As always, treat your eardrums... enjoy. :cool:

Aww don't be like that, I love you too DanQ
Spoiler :
for providing me with the opportunities to hear Wouter's voice and his adorable accent :p

Hope you enjoyed/are enjoying the episode, ChinaBlue. :)
Yes I have, thanks. I like listening to "boysplayingciv" talk about the game.
Having said that, now and then more girls joining in the conversation would be nice.
I know there is Makahlua and i wish she'd talk more.
It's comforting to hear evidence there are more like me out there,
all the women I know play sims and dinerdash :cry:
Then again, i don't know many people because I play civ you know ;)
Anyway keep it up, I'm a fan of the polycasts and hope you have Kael back someday, the ffh ep (#23) is my favorite.

Glad to be a part of it! :)

Aww don't be like that, I love you too DanQ
Spoiler :
for providing me with the opportunities to hear Wouter's voice and his adorable accent :p
:lol::lol: -- I said what is was I said because I thought you were joking about affection for Wouter because you ended the phrase with ";)". :D

Yes I have, thanks. I like listening to "boysplayingciv" talk about the game.
:goodjob:

Having said that, now and then more girls joining in the conversation would be nice. I know there is Makahlua and i wish she'd talk more.
Same here... it's oh so very dreamy, and... 'errr... ;):mischief:

It's comforting to hear evidence there are more like me out there,
all the women I know play sims and dinerdash :cry:
:scared:

Then again, i don't know many people because I play civ you know ;)
~snicker~

Anyway keep it up, I'm a fan of the polycasts
:)

and hope you have Kael back someday, the ffh ep (#23) is my favorite.
But that episode had no Maki! :p

Glad to be a part of it! :)
:beer:

good, I was wondering when the atheism topic would be featured
We (I anyway) had no idea that it was a topic any of our listeners were hoping we would be cover, but we aim to please! :king:

I'm guessing you haven't heard the episode without Dan (with the extra benifet of no Imran);). From what I remember, much more Locutus and much more Maki.
http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?threadid=166105
Lots of cathing up to do, hadn't heard that one yet but listened this morning and enjoyed the pre-bts speculation locutus/makahlua overload "guy with suitcase nukes" chat a lot. Thanks for the link.

@DanQ
As much as i love civgirltalk, i still prefer anything fall from heaven (and that episode got me into it..)
Another thing, would or wouldn't it be a waste of my time if i pm you a few questions for makahlua to answer in a next polycast?

Lots of cathing up to do,
:bowdown::D

... enjoyed the pre-bts speculation
For other pre-BtS release speculation including episodes than 15, there's 12 through 14 and 16-20. The 12th, 16th, 18th and 19th episodes are especially "pre-BtS-centric".

As much as i love civgirltalk, i still prefer anything fall from heaven (and that episode got me into it..)
Ahhh. :)

Another thing, would or wouldn't it be a waste of my time if i pm you a few questions for makahlua to answer in a next polycast?
Not a waste of time at all; in fact, it sounds :queen:.

Wow, I wasn't present for that segment (had a prior engagement so I had to leave a little early) but I'm amazed even tech-savvy people can be that ignorant about such basic things. I'm not a Mac user either but even I know that Boot Camp = multi-boot tool and Parallels = virtual machine. Quite a huge difference...

"girlplayingciv" reporting
I love Wouter! :love: :yup: ;)

Woohoo! My first groupie :love: :D

BTW, you guys may be interested to know that we're running a series of polls on Apolyton about different aspects of the show, so that we can improve upon it in the future. Right now we have polls on favourite host, favourite guest, and preferred episode length -- and we'll be having more polls like this in the weeks to come. Please check it out, vote and let us know how you feel about these issues.

Another great show!
:king:

Interesting about the Mac part, even though I didn't (and still don't) understand it. I'll pass it along to our Mac HOF Staff.
:)

... I'm amazed even tech-savvy people can be that ignorant about such basic things. I'm not a Mac user either but even I know that Boot Camp = multi-boot tool and Parallels = virtual machine. Quite a huge difference...
Yeesh, no one's perfect. Of all of us, you should know that... ;)

BTW, you guys may be interested to know that we're running a series of polls on Apolyton about different aspects of the show, so that we can improve upon it in the future. [..] ... and we'll be having more polls like this in the weeks to come. Please check it out, vote and let us know how you feel about these issues.
:yup:

Top Bottom