[BtS] American Civil War

No it probably won't.... at least not for Civ4 BTS.... I apparently started this project at a very bad time... right before fireaxis decided to release a full barrage of patches. I've probably done enough actual work to have released a fully developed mod, but about half my work was converting to BTS and fixing other various problems associated with about 4 patches since I began working on this.

If you want the source, it should be still downloadable. I highly doubt I'll ever finish this for Civ4 BTS, but if and when civ5 comes out, i'll likely continue work for a civ5 mod.

Sorry to hear Shiggs - I've recently gotten very interested in the "War between the States" and have not found any mods until I found this link. I'd love to take a look at what you've done so far to see what it will take to complete.

Please send me a link to the source. I never seem to be able to find anything when I go looking for it in downloads.

Thanks

Zooman2 - its in my signature. once again sorry folks, maybe someone else will pick it up and dust it off. Whats finished is done correctly, but obviously its just not finished. Really most of the grunt work is done... but it still needs countless hours for art, scenario creation, and balancing it all out.

thanks for your interest and support

Shiggs

Sounds like you have your work cut out for you. Better get started so you can get it done soon. Look forward to playing the civil war mod you are going to finish :)

I've spent hours searching all across the internet for a Civil War Mod and cannot find one ANYWHERE except here. I had to ask in a forum here if anyone knew where to find info on one and they sent me here. This is THE ONLY Civil War Mod I could find after spending hours upon hours late in the night looking for a mod. You have to finish this project. Not only for us, but for mankind, uhhh... rather, Civkind that is ;)

But seriously, this is the only one I could find and to find that it's not even finished yet is a bit of a let down. I downloaded v .36 and I will test it out and tell you what I think... I really wish you would finish this.

P.S. if you do finish this project I will add the link to it in my sig to spread the word for you :)

Unfortionatly Shiggs does not care about us. He promised he would make the mod, then said he did not like us and was giving up on it. It is terribly sad news :(

I can not finish the mod because I am extremly important. I am working on fixing the economy, global warming, the cure for cancer, and alternative fuels for energy. I do not have time for such small things. Most of the world governments have a red phone that they can call me direct on in case of emergency. I am really important.

I can not finish the mod because I am extremly important. I am working on fixing the economy, global warming, the cure for cancer, and alternative fuels for energy. I do not have time for such small things. Most of the world governments have a red phone that they can call me direct on in case of emergency. I am really important.

Riiiiiiiiiiiight... and I get daily updates from Barrack Obama himself :p

Well I've tried the mod and it seems to be great but quite unbalanced and far from finished. I haven't even looked at the World Builder to try to balance it myself but I will spend a few days looking at it atleast trying to balance out the scenario aspects. If someone else makes some other changes with the more technical aspects then I will attempt at balancing that out. I was pretty good at making balanced scenarios in C3C but BtS is so much different I doubt I'll have a positive result. If anyone does take on the technical part, please post an updated version here and I would love to try it. Or any other updated version of it for that matter.

Again sorry folks... its not just that I've lost interest... I've battled through nearly every patch that they've released, very poor timing on all accounts... if you just load up the mod and try to play... you will be disappointed. Most of the work done is only recognizable in the civlopedia or if you actually look at the XML's. Sorry to disappoint but there's about a 95% chance that I will not be finishing this. I am working and going to school and my time is precious at the moment (trying to finish my last 4 classes and i'll have an associates in applied science - computer programming, so I will be more inclined to mod after I'm done with school, not to mention I've got my hands on a $5000 compiler for free). Besides, I'd really be surprised if civ5 didn't come out within a year or two and I already said that I will continue work if/when that occurs. Civ4 is becoming quite an old game now and by the time I had it all perfected, I would imagine they would release civ5.

as you said pillowmaker - it is great, but quite unbalanced and unfinished. There is no complete map, but honestly the actual "hard" work is done. There is still a ton of work to be done, but it is easier, yet probably more time consuming (balancing & map creation mostly). The tech tree is nearly complete and at least half the units are as well.

I still have a couple dozen pages of notes and psuedocode and as I've said several times now, will be creating a civil war mod when/if civ5 comes out. Please do not expect anything at all until then.

So what you are saying is that there is a chance you are going to finish it then. You do realized that we are more important than your school or assignments you have to complete. You can work on that anytime in your life, but our happiness in playing this mod should be your number one concern right now.

So what you are saying is that there is a chance you are going to finish it then. You do realized that we are more important than your school or assignments you have to complete. You can work on that anytime in your life, but our happiness in playing this mod should be your number one concern right now.
Right on :goodjob:

I don't know how much you've done on your mod (actually making the civil war play out, for example, events and stuff etc.) but I can certainly do anything non-coding you need to get done, as well as fixing the map, if this at all helps. Really this kind of stuff is all extremely easy for me

If worst comes to worst and despite this you still will not have it worked on/released while we are still using civ4, I will make a version based off of RFC, when I am able. I could then borrow what you have made so far. Compared to my mod, this would be a piece of cake. (But still, I do not know fully what you were planning to do with the code and that would be tough for me)

Hope you can pick up the mod (there's still a 5% chance :))

Kevin

well if someone picked up the lead role on this mod, I could certainly assist. I have done countless hours of research, and have a fairly organized plan of what I wanted to do with it. The coding part (only python events and DCM) should be a breeze for me. DCM is already merged, though I think I need to update to 3.17, and python is a piece of cake. I was going to do the python events very last though, after a map is created and had been tested a bit.

My programming classes are a bit tedious right now, I have 2 of them, and each requires I write a new program nearly every week. One in VB.net and another in COBOL, if you know what those are, you know what I'm up against. The good thing is it'll be much easier for me to mod when I'm done with this. I'm pretty sure VB05' will compile the civ4 executable if I ever needed to do that again.

No promises, but if I'm sitting around bored, I'll try to start working on it again.

:blush: actually I went to d/l it because a month or so ago, I formatted my hard drive, so no longer had v.36 on my PC. It appears filefront is either really busy, or they've pulled it... i think its the latter though. I was wondering if anyone so kind that had it could upload it to me?

edit: nevermind I guess filefront was just really busy, got it now.

btw I'm finishing up re-claiming all the old apps I used to build this, I guess I'll start by updating to the most current DCM if need be, and converting it all to 3.17.... I kinda surprisingly swept right through my lab assignments this week, and our city is engulfed in over a foot of snow, so I've got some extra time today and tomorrow.

edit again: no need for another post just for a bump, but I just fixed it up for 3.17, now... just played a couple rounds and it seemed fine

ok so after actually putting in maybe 3 hours of actual work, I've got it all up to par on 3.17 and the latest DCM. I've also converted what was a bunch of UU's into mostly flavor units, and mostly for the Sioux for now, save a few infantry's and the monitor.

I did flavor units as opposed to a bunch of UU's, to cut down on work, and also instead of having a bunch of UU's for basically the same unit (for an example, mounted infantry), and they can all still have the correct uniforms and such.

Also I thought I had already integrated the "Mongol Camp" unit into this, but apparently not, I looked for it and could not find anywhere in the python, so I added that on as well, and it all works and looks fancy now, save 1 button.

Anyhow, hopefully I dont get called into work tomorrow, perhaps I could have most of the units (XML wise) done within a day or two. I also found some more models that can be used, hopefully I have enough, and can mix and match weapons and uniforms enough to make it all work.

Top Bottom