Caveman 2 Cosmos

It was an autosave. How do you get autosave to work in Max Compatibility?

All you have to do is press save in the menu options (same area as load/save/Worldbuilder etc.

Extracting Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\Python\zCivics.py OK
Extracting Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\Modules\DancingHoskuld\Custom_Wonders\AAranda README.txt OK
Extracting Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\Modules\DancingHoskuld\Custom_Units\AAranda Units Readme.txt OK
Extracting Caveman2Cosmos\Docs\combined mods\ACG Hittites Readme.txt OK
Extracting Caveman2Cosmos\Docs\combined mods\Advanced Combat Odds\ACOreadme.txt OK
Extracting Caveman2Cosmos\Docs\combined mods\RevolutionDCM\AIAutoPlay Readme.txt OK
Extracting Caveman2Cosmos\Docs\combined mods\RevolutionDCM\dev\ai_diplomacy.txt OK
Error: The system cannot find the path specified
Extracting Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\Modules\DancingHoskuld\Custom_Units\Fortifications\Art\City_Guard\Animation Directions for the Holy Roman Renaissance Age.txt Unable to create file

I am using steam version of civ 4 complete and i can not play this mod - it dies on installation.

Not that much of an issue, more of a personal experience. But has anybody have a bit of a struggle with other civilizations declaring war on you before researching the technology "warfare"? So far in 3/4 of my games, I have been declared war on by other leaders and the fact that there isn't exactly much of a strategical element in terms of having different units with different effects causes a prolonged & frustrating war of slingers vs slingers. Hmm.. if only I had stone to research that Neanderthal embassy. I suppose this is part of the game, it's not so bad.. it makes the game interesting sometimes. But I still have two questions. One: Can I stop the war-mongering till one discovers warfare? (It kind of makes sense to me). And two: Is there any tips from expert players regarding dealing with this type of war in caveman 2 cosmos? (I usually play in higher difficulties, keep that in mind).

Just checked out v13 and missing civs doesn't bother me but what i found weird that You added another two religions but with the weight of a mod on cpu and with my games there is usually much more religions that civs so...
1. Is there any way to disable few of the religions other than limited religions option???
2. I consider my computer as a decent one but with the turn wait i still can't play bigger maps so i ask You guys how many civs and what size of maps do u usually use?
3. I found this mod a little bit too easy, what are the toughest settings possible especially when it comes to more mature games (it gets much easier with the time)
Great job anyway, keep it up. cheers

Just checked out v13 and missing civs doesn't bother me but what i found weird that You added another two religions but with the weight of a mod on cpu and with my games there is usually much more religions that civs so...
1. Is there any way to disable few of the religions other than limited religions option???
2. I consider my computer as a decent one but with the turn wait i still can't play bigger maps so i ask You guys how many civs and what size of maps do u usually use?
3. I found this mod a little bit too easy, what are the toughest settings possible especially when it comes to more mature games (it gets much easier with the time)
Great job anyway, keep it up. cheers

1. You can remove the extra religions by going to the folder Assets/Modules?DancingHoskuld/Custom_Religions. In there are folders one to each new religion. remove the folder and the religion is removed from the game. You can't remove the standard RoM or BtS religions this way.

Well I've tried everything I can think of to get this mod to work, from taking out all non-standard mods to reinstalling bts. The game simply wont let me start a map. So even though this looks great I don't know what else to do.

Well I've tried everything I can think of to get this mod to work, from taking out all non-standard mods to reinstalling bts. The game simply wont let me start a map. So even though this looks great I don't know what else to do.

Just one idiot question, in your civilization.ini file is modular loading set to 0?
Code:
; Modular XML Loading
ModularLoading   = 0

It was. I changed it to 1 loaded the mod again and it just CTD again. went back to check the ini and it went back to 0

Did the goods enabled by fishing boats change at all? I have built fishing boats, however the goods/buildings that were able to be built in 12, are no longer options for building. All resources from coast/ocean spaces do not appear in the city screen as harvested resources.

Did the goods enabled by fishing boats change at all? I have built fishing boats, however the goods/buildings that were able to be built in 12, are no longer options for building. All resources from coast/ocean spaces do not appear in the city screen as harvested resources.

Is the resource close enough to the city? If its too far away then city vicinity buildings like Tuna Nets or Pearl Divers will not be available.

Please post an image of what you mean.

Two questions:

I've just installed v13 in and have ran into two annoyances I didn't encoutner on previous games.

1) the revolutions seem impossible to counter? I captured my neighbours two cities as he didn't really seem interested in building that many units, and later on these two cities start to rebel. at first the usual assorted number of units spawn, but then I get a second accept/reject terms notification (rejecting it, of cause :)) and a couple of turns pass. Then an army spawns near each city, one attack takes place and they take over both cities explelling my army to a nearby tile. If that is supposed to happen, how do I modify it to not happen, cause that's not my understanding of fun :p Fair enough if they beat the army, but they don't, it just moves outside the city.

2) when attacking with a stack of units against another stack it usually just cycled the units out of the selected number when they ran out of movement/attacks. now, however, the stack is unable to move as it has a guy selected who can't move/attack anymore, and I have to reselect the stack to continue the attack. this gets very annoying over time, any option I can turn to tweak this back as it used to be?

Thanks in advance

Two questions:

I've just installed v13 in and have ran into two annoyances I didn't encoutner on previous games.

1) the revolutions seem impossible to counter? I captured my neighbours two cities as he didn't really seem interested in building that many units, and later on these two cities start to rebel. at first the usual assorted number of units spawn, but then I get a second accept/reject terms notification (rejecting it, of cause :)) and a couple of turns pass. Then an army spawns near each city, one attack takes place and they take over both cities explelling my army to a nearby tile. If that is supposed to happen, how do I modify it to not happen, cause that's not my understanding of fun :p Fair enough if they beat the army, but they don't, it just moves outside the city.

2) when attacking with a stack of units against another stack it usually just cycled the units out of the selected number when they ran out of movement/attacks. now, however, the stack is unable to move as it has a guy selected who can't move/attack anymore, and I have to reselect the stack to continue the attack. this gets very annoying over time, any option I can turn to tweak this back as it used to be?

Thanks in advance

Both of these are bugs in the current dll which are being tracked down. There is nothing that can be done about them until we find out where the bug is.:(

So I would like to use the Civgold civilizations with this. What files and I am going to have to mod? Have you made a list anywhere?

I personally dont like, infact HATE Civs that only have two or three units in them, thats not a civ its a shame and useless garbage. If your going to make a civ at least make at a MINIMUM of ten, preferably 15 or more units included in that civ.IMHO

I have never looked at General's stuff, so i am not judging that.

One thing you have to remember C2C has two new Era's and nothing will work unless they are incorporated, Prehistoric and Galactic.
There is quite alot to do just to make one civ work properly. Change the LeadheadInfo, change the CivlizationInfo, Artstyles, Unit art, Civics, Traits, etc.

So I can use the Austrailia civ in your files as the base of how I should mod Civ gold files right? Except make it modular? I am just going to use existing leaderheads for the new tech levels.

Hey I'm dying to continue playing C2C but I am getting repeated and persistent crashes every turn. It keeps ctd'ing me with no rhyme or reason. Always happens during the time when turns are processing. Playing on a standard size, epic, revolutions on, perfectworld and v13. ATI card, 6 gigs of RAM and 3.2 dual. I have absolutely no idea however how to post error logs of any kind, or help you in figuring out what might be causing it. The only similar problem I had in v12 was once I overloaded the map with civs and turn play took forever; but never really crashed.

Top Bottom