Caveman 2 Cosmos

yesterday was trying c2c in multiplayer (no idea if it's supposed to be working or not...) and ran into the problem of instant oos when attacking barbarians (both my friend and I get oos when we attacked an animal). Turning off barbs completely fixed oos and we played for ~70 turns with no oos (went to sleep after 70 turns not because had another oos). I remember this being an issue in one of the versions of rom or new dawn, can't remember which. Kinda sad that prehistoric age suffers from that, since hunting animals for food and hammers was cool.

Is anyone playing c2c in mp? I am not sure what will happen when we get to the point when revs will start happening (i play with revs on in mp).

Just want a confirmation that mp and c2c have been successfully done by anyone.

thank!

Did you guys turn off Corporations and Guilds? I have them selected in my present game, but even though I meet the requirements I can't found one.

Did you guys turn off Corporations and Guilds? I have them selected in my present game, but even though I meet the requirements I can't found one.

I am not sure. In my latest game I had them, Guilds, turn off but could still build some of the buildings. I keep meaning to have a look to see what is going on but keep getting side tracked.

Nope, never did a thing to them since they were put ingame.

@Thunderbrd I found out why the InterFaith project as not working - the xml file to link in the python code was missing.

@others Aren't the options in the custom game screen shown in the attachment now in the BUG options screen? Shouldn't they be removed from here to reduce confusion?

Whenever I load the mod, the last screen I usually see was the main menu. Upon clicking the "single player" the "running" man icon is shown. After a while, *BOOM* an error occurred (I think Runtime error). In the worst case scenario, the last screen I see is the loading screen for the mod (transition between the game CIV IV: BTS to C2C). Can anyone help me with my problem?

I can tell you that I can run Witcher 2 just fine so my specs isn't an issue. I think I got a prob with the game's version, or I downloaded it wrong (I used torrent), or I'm using BTS? (should I use warlords or civ 4 only without expansionS?) thanks a bunch

@others Aren't the options in the custom game screen shown in the attachment now in the BUG options screen? Shouldn't they be removed from here to reduce confusion?

Nope these are totally different options than in BUG.

Hello guys, first of all I want to say that this is a nice mod, but I have a problem.
I mean that once I have already built some constructions in various cities, after a bit time, in the built list that constructions are again available, like if in the cities hadn't built nothing before !!
Any idea? Perhaps I need to find a patch for this mod? or I have to set something before to start to play?
Thank for your help

Hello guys, first of all I want to say that this is a nice mod, but I have a problem.
I mean that once I have already built some constructions in various cities, after a bit time, in the built list that constructions are again available, like if in the cities hadn't built nothing before !!
Any idea? Perhaps I need to find a patch for this mod? or I have to set something before to start to play?
Thank for your help

Yeah, we are trying to figure that out, i believe we have a fix, but that wont be tell version 14 comes out around the 15th or so. Hopefully by then we can get that fix, keep your fingers crossed.

btw Welcome to CFC.

Guys, I have a little suggestion on re-tweaking parts of the tech tree in the Industrial Era. What I so far noticed are some historical discrepancies. I play on snail speed. So what I am implying is the following:

I think the Infatnry unit is reached way too fast. I think that before reaching the infantry units and modern grenadiers flamethrowers, battleships and so on...which to my understanding are part of the WWII era...one should be able to have a better emulation of WWI. What happens is that everyone reaches "automatic weapons" way too early. Then lots of infantry units are recruited and only long way after one reaches "tank warfare" which unlocks Early Tanks..that in fact are weaker than an infantry unit. The way I see it is that WWI saw early tanks before motorcycles and flamethrowers, and V2 rockets. In that sense, trench warfare and trench infantry units should be available at the same time as early tanks, machine guns, airships and early fighters even. The development of the navy progresses more logicaly. I think, it's not a great deal of work, may be it's just necessary to change some prerequisites and make infantry units and flamethrowers unlock later..only after all WWI units have been made available for some time.

Another thing is that all those Warlord units in my opinion should be made "national" rather than "hidden nationality". The AI constantly expolits them and wastes its resources trying to storm bunkers and heavily fortified positions on my state borders with little chance of success even when borders are closed. Another thing that is a bit annoying is when you open the borders and the AI pours in to hunt your warlord units and attempt killing them. In a while it turns into a very tedious cycle. To be honest, i believe the game wouldn't lose much if those warlord units are removed.

Thank you very much for the great work.

OOS after ending turn, every time. Tried reinstalling the game twice and keeps happening.
Could it have to do with Barb Civs popping up?

Anyway, attaching MaxComp savegame the turn before the unavoidable OOS.

Three man game, it's the Mali that have a different sync value. No neanderthals (deleted the folder, all three did).

Guys, I have a little suggestion on re-tweaking parts of the tech tree in the Industrial Era.

Do you know how to do XML, if so, send me a copy of what exactly your talking about and i will take a look at it ok.

Guys, I have a little suggestion on re-tweaking parts of the tech tree in the Industrial Era. What I so far noticed are some historical discrepancies. I play on snail speed. So what I am implying is the following:

I think the Infatnry unit is reached way too fast. I think that before reaching the infantry units and modern grenadiers flamethrowers, battleships and so on...which to my understanding are part of the WWII era...one should be able to have a better emulation of WWI. What happens is that everyone reaches "automatic weapons" way too early. Then lots of infantry units are recruited and only long way after one reaches "tank warfare" which unlocks Early Tanks..that in fact are weaker than an infantry unit. The way I see it is that WWI saw early tanks before motorcycles and flamethrowers, and V2 rockets. In that sense, trench warfare and trench infantry units should be available at the same time as early tanks, machine guns, airships and early fighters even. The development of the navy progresses more logicaly. I think, it's not a great deal of work, may be it's just necessary to change some prerequisites and make infantry units and flamethrowers unlock later..only after all WWI units have been made available for some time.

Another thing is that all those Warlord units in my opinion should be made "national" rather than "hidden nationality". The AI constantly expolits them and wastes its resources trying to storm bunkers and heavily fortified positions on my state borders with little chance of success even when borders are closed. Another thing that is a bit annoying is when you open the borders and the AI pours in to hunt your warlord units and attempt killing them. In a while it turns into a very tedious cycle. To be honest, i believe the game wouldn't lose much if those warlord units are removed.

Here is the current tech tree with X Y coordinates. If you could lay out where you would move techs or even what units you would move around please let us know. I am not as familiar with history during the WWI and WWII eras. Any help would be great to getting the techs more accurate.

Just want to give some feedback:
I love the fact that people on the design team are on the great people lists. I had a prophet named Dancing Hoskuld, and I have a great general who is kicking butt all over the planet named HydromancerX. I attached him to a unit and he's unstoppable. I'm currently getting about 5 errors at the beginning of each turn saying something about the build for a unit could not be shown, and then an error code. When I get back to my main computer I can write it down (probably tomorrow night). Maybe has something to do with great people being born around the world. That wasn't happening for the first 300 or so turns, and then started.

The Great Farmer is the best idea I have ever seen in this game. Please do not nerf that feature. I just realized what it is, and I cannot wait to get back to my computer so I can finish building one in 6 turns and get to use him.

DH, the last update that you posted still has my Kelp broken. I changed the name of the Schema file as you suggested, but it made my game unloadable, so I just put it back to the way it was. I love the War Rhino though, so I'm going to just keep it the way it is for now. I feel so bad that I can't build mammoths, maybe next game I'll get a chance at that.

Thanks guys; this is an awesome project and has made the game so much fun again. I tried it on Snail speed as suggested, and it just took way too long. I think I'm using the setting just slower than Normal, and it seems right for me, as long as I use production queues to utilize the multiple production feature.

EDIT: I have to disagree with KrumStrashni's last point. The Warlord units were removed from the last ROM version I played, and I missed them badly. I say they belong in the game. I agree though that they should not be hidden nationality units.

I also should add that I have seen the AI taking Great Commanders into battle and promoting them properly, which is awesome to see. In previous versions of ROM that I played, the AI had no idea how to use GC's, and just always had Great Generals join a city as an instructor. Now I don't feel like I have so much of an unfair advantage when I get my GC promoted all the way up to 300 xp. After Great Farmer, they are my favorite unit.

I just started my 1st C2C game after playing ROM AND for a awhile and i would like to say i am loving the extras in this MOD.
However after about 100 turns i noticed that game had increased the difficulty for no reason i can find. i was wondering if this was a bug or a feature that i wasn't aware of, as i am sure there are a great many things i have yet to learn in this mod.

I just started my 1st C2C game after playing ROM AND for a awhile and i would like to say i am loving the extras in this MOD.
However after about 100 turns i noticed that game had increased the difficulty for no reason i can find. i was wondering if this was a bug or a feature that i wasn't aware of, as i am sure there are a great many things i have yet to learn in this mod.

That's an option in the BUG menu that's automatically enabled in C2C. It can be turned off by going to the BUG menu (ladybug icon) and then to the Caveman2Cosmos tab - remove the check mark from "Flexible Difficulty" on the left side of the page. It stays unchecked once you do this.

That's an option in the BUG menu that's automatically enabled in C2C. It can be turned off by going to the BUG menu (ladybug icon) and then to the Caveman2Cosmos tab - remove the check mark from "Flexible Difficulty" on the left side of the page. It stays unchecked once you do this.

Good answer, thx.;)

btw:
Welcome to CFC

Whenever I start a new game, the ground, some resources and units are black. D:

I've reinstalled the mod (fresh downloads) twice hoping that it'd fix it but it hasn't. :(

Any known fix? This a known bug or am I cursed? Using the latest version of Civ IV BTS (from Steam).

Nevermind. I had been forgetting to start the game as an administrator - having fun so far now. :D

Whenever I start a new game, the ground, some resources and units are black. D:

I've reinstalled the mod (fresh downloads) twice hoping that it'd fix it but it hasn't. :(

Any known fix? This a known bug or am I cursed? Using the latest version of Civ IV BTS (from Steam).

Nevermind. I had been forgetting to start the game as an administrator - having fun so far now. :D

umm, your welcome , and Welcome to CFC.

Top Bottom