Blue Marble V4.0 Gold

Hello -- I've tried to use Blue Marble Gold to increase my font sizes, but it seems to have no effect... I'm using the Fall From Heaven 2 mod.
Sorry, Blue Marble only can change the font size of the main program and of standard mods that also are using the default theme/font file. I think FFH2 brings its custom theme/font file and so is not affected by Blue Marble's default font settings. However, for the main program BM should install visible changes.

Sorry, Blue Marble only can change the font size of the main program and of standard mods that also are using the default theme/font file. I think FFH2 brings its custom theme/font file and so is not affected by Blue Marble's default font settings. However, for the main program BM should install visible changes.
Ok, thanks. Beautiful mod, btw.

After installing the mod, can you still use the in-game graphic options "high detail terrain" and "low resolution textures" to alter the graphics(ie is there any point in having either of them ticked)?

After installing the mod, can you still use the in-game graphic options "high detail terrain" and "low resolution textures" to alter the graphics(ie is there any point in having either of them ticked)?
Yes, these official options still remain valid after installing Blue Marble. This way you can play with even more polygons on strong hardware or even lower resolution on weak hardware.

I've tried to install Blue Marble (version 2.0) over a fresh install of Civ 4, Warlords + BTS (patched to 3.19)and can't get it to work.

It says it's installing and completes fine but when I start up the game, no difference, no logo on the title screen etc. I checked the 'list affected files' and it seems to be putting them into C:\Documents and Settings\Conor\My Documents\My Games\Warlords\CustomAssets\ - should they be going into the BTS folder to make it work and if so how can I change it?

Have tried running the installer from the civ directory, bts directory etc. and no difference. Also, the download links to the German server for version 4.5 aren't working.

Any help would be great, thanks.

OK I'm assuming 2.0 was released when Warlords was as it defaults to that, has anyone got a working link for Blue Marble 4.0 or up that will work with BTS, or might care to email me a copy?

Goodness I do not mean to sound ungrateful but this is beyond a pain to get to work with the Steam version. There's thousands (1,493 atm) people playing on Steam all the time, I wish we could get our own installer..

The mod is great, but it's soooo hard to make it work. :(

Trying the "dummy copy" allowed the installer to work, but now when I use the dummy .exe in my Steam folder, it just says game unavailable. Is there a way I can use the normal .exe after I install the mod? It absolutely will not launch unless it's in the correct location.

Edit: I think I got it to work, after installing it to the dummy directory, copying the directory back to where it was meant to be may be working, but now I have an extra 3gb of data on my system and I can't get rid of either one or else the mod doesn't work or the game doesn't work.

I wish the community could come together on this to make an installer like FFH has where it asks if you have Steam or CD version. The only difference is the program path. :(

Because BM is very complex with lots of files for lots of places and lots of game configurations. Most people probably would not be able to install/uninstall it safely. But if you can live with just the BlueMarble "core" files (only BM terrain, without BM mousepointer, without BM fonts, only for the core game etc.) you can load two pure zip packages for highres and lowres that I supplied for the Mac platform (both zip files will work for PC too):
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=177454

These pure packages work really fine.

With a basic BTS 3.19 game, no problem at all. Then, I tried them with my mod ( Ethnic Mix More which integrates Cultural City Style v. 95 from GeoModer + Eden Project from Tsentom ) and then, began the problems :crazyeye:

In single player : no problem at all
In multiplayer : impossible to launch any multiplayer games ( tested on 2 macs, both with same install and same directories, and same mod, and same files, etc ... )

At this point, pure package of Blue Marble v 4.5 was installed in CustomAssets ...

Then I made a copy of my mod where I included these Blue Marble files ( HD/Applications/mygamesfolder/Civilization IV/Beyond The Sword/Mods/ and ... there it worked ! :D :)

I don't really understand why since these are graphic files only and since I had a big attention to put the files at the same place ( didn't change any name or something ) on both computers ... I'd really like to understand why it doesn't work when Blue Marble is inside CustomAssets ... Maybe a Macintosh specificity :mischief:

But if it can help the ones who get some difficulties to play in multiplayer ...

:coffee:

After much bashing my face into the keyboard, I believe I finally got this thing working with steam.

Thanks to the guy who figured out the workaround. It was close enough to what I needed to do to work.

Please tell me how you managed to install bluemarble on steam. Steam is so convenient in so many ways, but still soooo many problems. I don't know why I keep bother with the damn thing.

After much bashing my face into the keyboard, I believe I finally got this thing working with steam.

Thanks to the guy who figured out the workaround. It was close enough to what I needed to do to work.

And why not tell us? (...)

Oh seems I made the post in the V3 topic, should be here:

I installed BTS Steam but I still had the mygames\bts folder on my computer and it automatically took that over and used BlueMarble without problems!

Unfortunately due to my stupidity I had to wipe that folder (Mod problems). And I couldn't get it back the way it was.

However I did find a way for it to work with Steam

Quite simple actually: Rename the Civ4BeyondSword to Civilization4
Then in the installer paste the exact file name in there so e.g.: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\Beyond the Sword\Civilization4.exe
(Don't forget the .exe or it doesn't work!)
It installs Blue Marble without a hiccup. However it doesn't show the BlueMarble logo on start up and it seems to be stuck on the golden background...

Still ColdFever, I did had a perfectly working version however as I said that is probably older and was in mygames/bts folder... So perhaps installing cd/dvd version -> installing Blue Marble -> Installing Steam version does work, so it should be able to work without first having to install the dvd version, or? I understand you don't want to test out every downloadable version out there but maybe the solution is simple? :)

Ok seems to be a name issue. When I rename the Main Menu folder to Civ4 Main Menu in CustomAssets\art\interface you get the Blue Marble screen again.

Can you tell me what folder which file is where it determines which colour to use? Could be really helpful. :)

And why not tell us? (...)

Because it wasn't exact, and I wasn't sure exactly what it was I did. I still can't figure it out. Can't get it to run again.

Even tried the suggestion the guy above me posted, isn't working for me.

For whatever reason I can't get it to locate the .exe needed.

Top Bottom