Uighur_Caesar's Civilizations

Yay! Well done!

Hm... maybe could you post the map of the Kaweskar here? The main problem of the DoM is that I don't quite remember where the map is.

It took an extreme long time to pass a turn when Cuba is enabled. Did anyone experience this?

I deleted my logs so I cannot post them here

Yeah for some reason the second turn of the game always takes an oddly long time to long. It would load pretty normally after that, but I really wouldn't be surprised if something in the lua is affecting turn times because I had to do a bunch of weird stuff to get the Mambi to work properly. I was playing up to the industrial era fine though, I never got into the late game because I got bored so if there is some sort of loading issues throughout the game let me know and I'll see how I can optimize the lua.

Alright so I'm flying to Europe at night, but in the meantime I was thinking about the Spain Split since I'll be in Spain for most of the trip. I'm just gonna release them individually whenever they're done, rather than making them a pack because that'll be better for me. Also, I'm just gonna leave out Castile and replace them with Leon since JFD was gonna make a Castile whenever he releases Phillip II and I rather not overlap. Franco will still be there, although he's the only one in need of an LS so that's a problem that he has. Finally, I was trying to come up with a design for Leon that wasn't a generic faith/war civ. I thought the Replobacion would be an interesting focus and decided to represent it through a UI. However, I'm in need of an interesting UA that preferably does stuff more unique that faith and war. Here's the UU and UI for reference:

UU: Almogavar: Replaces Pikeman. No cost to pillage and gains XP when starting on a pillaged tile in enemy territory. Upon reaching Level 5?, the Almogavar may upgrade into a mounted version of itself that is stronger than a knight and provides a 15% combat boost to nearby units. Infantry Almogavars upgrade into Musketmen and Mounted Almogavars upgrade into Cavalry.

UI: Presura: Unlocked at Civil Service. +1 Food and +1 Production, with an additional +1 Food if the tile does not have fresh water. When built in a city that has lost citizens through any means, the city gains a free Citizen. This stops occurring once the city has reached its highest population ever. May not be built adjacent to each other.

It might also be possible to represent the Replobacion through the UA and just replace the UI with another UU or UB, but I'm not too sure what would be the best way of doing it without having to create some kind of UI component. Any ideas are welcome.

Is the split going to be Navarre, Aragon, Leon and Franco then?

The UI seems fine - though what would happen if you were to build it in territory that overlaps between two cities - would both of them get the additional pop or just the one working the tile at the time of construction?

I'd really like to see a Revolutionary Catalonia, but I imagine it wouldn't fit well in a Spain split.

Is the split going to be Navarre, Aragon, Leon and Franco then?

The UI seems fine - though what would happen if you were to build it in territory that overlaps between two cities - would both of them get the additional pop or just the one working the tile at the time of construction?

Yeah, Navarre and Aragon are still there. Hmm, not sure what that though. From the way I'm thinking about coding it, I think it would do both although there might be a way to only make it one of them. I found a way to do that then it'd be the one with the lower population.

I'd really like to see a Revolutionary Catalonia, but I imagine it wouldn't fit well in a Spain split.

They would fit in nicely with a Spanish Civil War pack alongside Franco and Republican Spain. Unfortunately, I don't think think I'd be able to do one of those for Civ 5, would be an interesting idea for Civ 6 though, especially depending on how the government and civics system works.

I do have a few ideas for an anarchist civ pack for CiVI, we'll see how that pans out.

Ooh I have part of a Leon design (And I took Klisz's icon for Leon so :p). The part I made involves around city-state tribute.
Spoiler :

Just a UA and a UU:
Parias: Whenever a unit is in a City-State’s territory, the unit steals gold from that city. Foreign Missionaries of a different religion cannot enter your borders.
Repoblacion: Replaces Workshop. Citizens require 10% less food. +15% Gold Production in the city instead of +10% Production. Whenever you build one in a city, that city receives a free citizen.
I just made the Repoblacion a workshop. The design needs a little tinkering because the UA is very simple, but hey maybe its works.

I was thinking of doing a modern Spain civ that's based on keeping citizens happy or else they revolt. It's in my design thread. Though it's not Catalonia, it's design is inspired by it.

Top Bottom