Turn Discussion Thread I - Turns 1-50

Actually the fact you had a spoiler right under the bad news line, sort of gave it away that a joke was coming :p I had a suspicion you were going to make at least one post like this before the first 50 turns were up.

As for the part about us not even showing up on top 5, that is so weird. Only 6 players, so our capital is rated exact dead last of everyone.

Our capital is BOTH a Holy City, AND contains a WORLD WONDER, and it is considered to be in DEAD LAST place!? LOL Me thinks Firaxis needs to get some algorithms checked there.

Anyhow, I'm glad for that in a way. I'm sure our opponents will be just as baffled why we aren't showing up as well. It may cause their imaginations to run wild now...

I took a peek at the next turn. Judaism is still available. So if we hold on just one... more... turn.....unfff. We'll have our second religion. I can't even remember if it comes with a missionary. I THINK it does. On that same turn we'll also be able to see Carthag's demographics.

We are still top dog for now, despite F9 shows us in last position. Nonsense!

I think it does...I seem to remember something about how Judaism was better than Bud or Hind because it came with a free missionary.

And (slightly off-topic):
obs said:
Our capital is BOTH a Holy City, AND contains a WORLD WONDER, and it is considered to be in DEAD LAST place!? LOL Me thinks Firaxis needs to get some algorithms checked there.

That's nothing. I was playing an MP game with my siblings (on noble cause they can't beat prince...so I was pwning) and on the list of top five cities was a size 5 Ethiopian city that had been founded recently and had built aught but a monument and a lighthouse. Look:

Spoiler large image :

really that city should probably have been in last for the whole world...:crazyeye:

The religion found from Monotheism (can be any if Choose Religions were on) does NOT give a free missionary. Only the 4 last.

I suspect the missionary thing must have gone through a change somewhere down the line...

The religion found from Monotheism (can be any if Choose Religions were on) does NOT give a free missionary. Only the 4 last.

Well I stand corrected then. Tested it quickly and indeed there is no missionary.

Hmm, so we get ripped off by at least 60 hammers or so. Oh well...

Interesting development, I see this turn Carthag logs in, and settles a new city somewhere off. At first I thought they founded a shrine or something. But the figures indicate it was a city.

Since it's starting to look more likely that we are isolated from others due to no contact, we should start settling aggressively toward where we know Carthage is.

The question is did they settle on starting island or main continent. Maybe we should ask them? And we are also not sure if they are next to us.

Turn - 50:

• worker 2 chop roaded forest
  • rest same (all forests now are down to 1 chop)
  • city 2 works rice, dye, gem
  • whip worker 3 in capital (pop1) - overflow into granary (we will do "some" whipping soon...)
  • mono should be in next turn

It depends. Navigating through large threads can be very frustrating. But maybe we should keep this one going, so when the forums are opened for our opponents to read.. it'll make it harder for them to navigate through our diary :p

Nah, make a new thread. Makes things easier for us while we're actually trying to win the game, its already getting a bit arduous to get through this thread. What if it's say turn 200 and we want to check on what happened in turn 50 or something?

I agree, make a new thread.

Why would we want to make things harder for our opponents after the game?? :confused:

Top Bottom