[BtS] Settlers!

The Navy Seal

Emperor
I've updated this MODCOMP to BTS.
This MODCOMP adds three new settler units with special abilities, Colonist, Pioneer, and the Architect. The Colonist comes with Optics. Instead of it building a 1 population city with no buildings it starts with 2 pop and has buildings in it. The Pioneer comes with Economics and the city starts with 3 pop and several buildings. The Architect builds a 1 pop city and has tons of buildings. Enjoy!
It works with the cultural artstyle. But I couldn't figure out how to get the upgrades to make it so when you do an era start it gives the right settler unit.:confused:

Download Here

Credits:
The Navy Seal for coming up with the idea and putting it together.
Rabbit White For the Pioneer. Thx
Zebra 9 For the Python. Thx

Yes the AI use them use them like normal settlers. Just updated I had an extra building in there that wasn't needed so it's the same just w/o the building.

looks nice (after updating for other languages e.g. german installation), as already written in PM ;)

but I think the Colonist is maybe to expensiv, if the normal settler will be replaced by it after researching Optics

Settler:
- costs 100, citysize 1, buildings no

Colinist:
- costs 200, citysize 2, buildings yes

Pioneer:
- costs 200, citysize 3, buildings several

Architect:
- costs 200, citysize 1, buildings tons

at time of Optics is researched the Colonist is the only unit to settle and it would be much better if it costs not more than 130-160

in later game you can choose between the three types, but why should I build a Colonist in later game if the prize is same for all three units and the other are better ones?

I've started a new game using 140 for Colonist and post my impression with this setting later here ;)

first impression for Colonist with cost=140:

in my settler-production-cities the normal settler needed 7 turns in average on epic game... now after researched Optics, the Colonist needs 9 to 11 turns and it feels good for the first 3 cities build by Colonists... so 140 to 150 should be a good value... looking forward to next settler-type now :)

if the settler-religion-mod is ever available for BtS it would be great to see Colonists building cities with religion and the correct temple in it :D

ok here's my final-report:

player:
- plays very good with Colonist costs 140
- in later game the Pioneer and Architect are ok (costs 200)

AI:
- haven't ever seen AI building Pioneer or Architect, only Colonist up to "Advanced Fly"
- there're two possible reasons in my opinion:
-- the AI don't know how to distinguish between them and build the cheapest available settler-unit
-- the AI knows how to distinguish, but calculates the Colonist as best
(-- or this problem only seems to me)

however, I'll try it again soon with Colonists costs 160 and the other two costs 180 or all units costs 160-180... this way the most advanced civ will be more slowed down in expansion (at first settler-update, not at second anymore) than with Colonist at 140 and maybe it's an interesting part for the game, if other civs can better catch up with this player again :king:

I've tried it in two games with all units costs 160 now and think that should be ok... first game up to future-era the AI used all three units, but mostly seen Colonist... haven't finished the second game, but was looking to the early game at time of researching Optics and it's realy nice to see the tech-backwarded AI settling much faster than I until I gave them Optics for better relations :lol: ... however, I think 160 is a good value and opens some nice new gamefeatures/strategies ;)

Could you also create some migration unit which would be cheap but able to a transfer people from overpopulated cities to non over populated cities. It should also be possible to emigrate your units to a rival city with open borders and slowly take it over :p Instead of concering your enemies my force, you simply spawn a lot of migration units and take it over by love.

This sounds neat...is it still an active mod? Is there an update that incorporates the 3.13 patch plus Bhruic's latest patch to the patch?

I know that this thread is old, still...

how do you change the cost of the basic settler to be less than 100 in BTS?

Top Bottom