ShadowNES: The Age of Supremacy

TO: Kingdom of Sweden

Britannia, mistress of the seas, sets forward the following terms for the exit of itself and its staunch ally Hamburk from this conflict:
  1. The acknowledgment of Hamburker dominion in Schleswig and Stralsund.
  2. The liberation of Denmark, and its recognition as a sovereign nation.
  3. The liberation of Norway, and its recognition as a sovereign nation.
  4. The payment of an indemnity by Sweden to Britannia of not less than 100,000 daler[1].
Until such times as these conditions are met, war will continue.

[1] 1EP Equivalent.

OOC: You might want to define 'Norway' and 'Denmark', due to the considerable size variance between minimum and maximum iterations of those polities ;).

Could this map be added to the map post on the first page for easy reference please?

Spoiler :

OOC: You might want to define 'Norway' and 'Denmark', due to the considerable size variance between minimum and maximum iterations of those polities ;).
OOC: Rather more helpful to know if they're willing to surrender at all over what they think it might mean before haggling them down on the specifics, isn't it? :p

The Evangelist records the words of our Lord “That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.”

But how can the world know that Our Lord was sent? For is now his church one? Nay! For each one strives against his brother, exalting himself above other men. And some say “I am of Paris” and others “I am of Krakow” and still others “I am of St. Columbanus.” Is Christ divided? (as the Apostle said), was St. Columbanus crucified for you? Why then do you divide what Christ has united?

But Satan has crept into the church sowing discord and hatred as a farmer sows his seed. And the apostolic mantle is torn asunder as jealous men, full of lustful thoughts tear at it like snarling curs. But what shall we say? The church is the body of Christ, and they kill Christ again, rending his body asunder!

But men of old, filled with the Holy Spirit, overcame the snares of the devil. For when Arius arose, spewing forth blasphemies, they did not run to Paris, nor to Krakow, nor to any bishop no matter how learned or pious. But they gathered together the whole church, united in thought and doctrine. For what is one man? Or what is one voice? Does not even the Holy Scriptures point to the unity of the entire church’s voice? For we do not have one Holy Gospel, like the heretics, but many, Matthew’s and John’s, Peter’s and Paul’s. For if the Holy Spirit chose not one man to speak, even among the apostles, but spoke through the whole church, how much more should he speak through the whole church now! For let a man stand up who thinks himself the wisdom of St. Paul or the piety of St. John and let him show himself a liar!

Let us therefore follow the example handed down to us by the apostles, and by the saints, and by the fathers. Let every man entrusted to be a shepherd of the flock, every priest and every bishop, and every doctor of the church gather together. Let us end this quarrelling and bickering amongst ourselves, born from the lust of our flesh. And just as the apostles, not one, but united condemned the first heretic, the Magician, and just as the church, not one bishop, but all, condemned his son Arius, let us gather together and condemn those who rent apart the Holy Church.

And let us then be one, just as Christ and the Father are one, to the honor and praise of God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
Amen.

-Homily Delivered by at Bretten by Philip Schwarzerdt in the Year of Our Lord 1555

OOC: Rather more helpful to know if they're willing to surrender at all over what they think it might mean before haggling them down on the specifics, isn't it? :p

OOC: Well I don't know, if I was Sweden I'd probably go "screw you" and take my chances in a long war before giving up something as integral as Skaneland or Jamtland, but would likely sue for peace otherwise ;).

OOC: Well I don't know, if I was Sweden I'd probably go "screw you" and take my chances in a long war before giving up something as integral as Skaneland or Jamtland, but would likely sue for peace otherwise ;).
OOC: And what the hell kind of Britain is going to give the same country Sjaelland and Scania? :p

Isn't it NPC now anyway?

Isn't it NPC now anyway?

the point is Sweden doesn't know that the Britons would do something like that or not!
OOC: Mrm hrm, which is why the proper response to such an entreaty would be "Clarify," because we all know what making assumptions makes one, particularly when they have high odds of resulting in death by bleeding out. :p

From The Sultanate of Dunqulah
To Oromistan

Brothers, cease this bloodshed and join us so that we may dispose of the infedel Christian rebels.

From The Sultanate of Dunqulah
To Oromistan

Brothers, cease this bloodshed and join us so that we may dispose of the infedel Christian rebels.

1. The Rebels aren't in your territory. Why do you care??
2. Yes, of course they should join with you and lose any chance of getting most of their country back. Of course.

1. They are Muslim.
2. They have lost what little control they had over the christian population.
3. You rebeling makes them rather incapable of taking back their country.

Regarding major powers, I will deny them to a player that I think is unqualified. However, Perfectionist as the Rumatids and Chand as Andalusia are competent, and consistent. I was inclined to give Skeptikalz the Andalusians due to his performance in other NESes, but he chose to leave because he did not prefer this style of updates.

@Abaddon: The Swahili League was a coin-toss, when it came to the size stat. It depends on the exact number of trade posts, but the likely result is yes.

@Kentharu: If you'll note the rules...

A given nation is capable of producing two (2) times its Population number of Units per turn at its Military Basic level. Alternatively, it can choose to produce up to four (4) times its Population number will be at its Military Basic level minus one (1) for that turn, or every Unit that turn up to six (6) times will be at Military Basic minus two (2), and so on.

I will run the numbers again, though, on you and other players that recruited over their base population.

@Chand: I saw one called "Mohawks for Obama".

@Symphony: NPC Sweden will respond publicly once I am certain that there is no one who wants to take it, though I'm still holding out hope.

From Oromistan
To Dunqulah

You are the cause of our misfortune, one who would shatter our fragile stability and set brother against brother to expand his own power.

The exact number will be 2, for now. Can we say 3 will push me over? [pray]

The exact number will be 2, for now. Can we say 3 will push me over? [pray]

The size stat primarily influences infrastructure. The naval nature of communication and travel by the Swahili pushes it down, but only so much. A trading post won't influence it that much, but if you develop it as a colony, then you'll likely see some increase.

Khazaria wishes to negotiate with Sweden, we will host your emissary in Nyen.

The size stat primarily influences infrastructure. The naval nature of communication and travel by the Swahili pushes it down, but only so much. A trading post won't influence it that much, but if you develop it as a colony, then you'll likely see some increase.

Ok, well i'll try an develope my nation's economy in preperation for everything's costs doubling soon!

OOC: Well, since I don't have that much time on my hands, Sweden would be a good choice.

So I tentatively express my interest in taking possession of Sweden after I get some more information (military positions, diplomatic course they were planning to take and the like)

Via PM that is...

Orders Sent. Long may this NES prosper!

Top Bottom