Test pitboss

Haha, I was wondering how long it would take for somebody to notice that ;) it is one of the advantages of starting with a scout, after all, that that is more likely to happen.

I'm a complete eejit, btw, and quit to desktop. As soon as I'd done it I realized what I'd done, so I re-entered the game and quit to main menu instead. Don't know what effect that has, but if it's caused inconvenience, my sincere apologies.

I logged in just now no problem...looks like we're safe.

No worries. I started with a Quecha myself, but managed to get a Scout from my first hut. Here's hoping that he'll net me a tech or two in future. :)

Chimera, it's not just me... this is the kind of stuff anyone can notice from looking at Civstats now and then. A score increase at the start of a turn usually corresponds to either a pop growth or a tech researched (the other possibilities are land increases and wonders - the latter which are obvious as soon as you log in, and the former which doesn't happen this early in the game). A score increase in the middle of a turn always corresponds to either a city founded (or captured), a tech from a hut or Great Person, or a Shrine built. (Maybe there are a couple of things I'm missing, but those are the main ones.)

So early on, it's pretty easy to work out what's going on. Later on, it's much more difficult to for instance distinguish land from techs and pop... plus you can trade maps/techs and work this stuff out in-game anyway.

Chimera, it's not just me... this is the kind of stuff anyone can notice from looking at Civstats now and then. A score increase at the start of a turn usually corresponds to either a pop growth or a tech researched (the other possibilities are land increases and wonders - the latter which are obvious as soon as you log in, and the former which doesn't happen this early in the game). A score increase in the middle of a turn always corresponds to either a city founded (or captured), a tech from a hut or Great Person, or a Shrine built. (Maybe there are a couple of things I'm missing, but those are the main ones.)

So early on, it's pretty easy to work out what's going on. Later on, it's much more difficult to for instance distinguish land from techs and pop... plus you can trade maps/techs and work this stuff out in-game anyway.

Yes yes, I know...just that at every single score change thus far (not many, I know) you've been the first one there analyzing every possible reason...;)

BTW, my money's on "half an hour" for the amount of time it takes someone to work out which tech it was that I popped from a hut ;)

My guess is Fishing, assuming the points for the initial techs are proportional to their beakers. I can't remember off the top of my head whether that's the case or not. Might check at some stage, although someone else will probably beat me to it. ;)

There are quite a lot of possibilities...so short of just random guessing I don't think anyone's going to get it...;)

Was it Fishing? Mining? Mysticism? The Wheel? Bro--

Wait a sec....it's bronze working isn't it? That's the only early tech that comes with conclusive evidence (i.e. Slavery) that would lead you to say it will only take us half an hour...

How would you know I'm in Slavery? :p

There is a way you can definitively tell.

...wait...right...nevermind...:crazyeye: my bad.

Religion founded then? Meditation or Polytheism?

You can't pop a religion-founding tech from a hut. Nor a free Great Person tech nor Liberalism, I believe.

Well then I got nothing...:(

Sorry for my absence, I was traveling, but...

Holy crap! You guys are crazy! On both accounts you were correct! I don't know if it is so smart giving you all this info, but you guys scare me. I need a warrior. :p

I have explored so far:
3 plains
9 grass
30 ice
1 tundra
5 ice floe

My unique unit will be the Abominable Snowman! (Replace elephant, +50% against Vikings) BLCG100, be afraid!

I feel your pain. Outside of my BFC there are 5-6 grassland tiles jammed right close to my city and then nothing but ice everywhere I look. I haven't played custom continents in a while, I forgot this happened. Oh well when that ice sculpture random event starts happening my culture should skyrocket :crazyeye:

The CC map script can be pretty bad at times. eg starting people on an island, too much ice, ect. I thought they always needed to patch that.

My demographics say 12,000. The max was 8,000, and mine (starting with a scout) was 4,000... ;)

Well I haven't done in-depth study of how the demographics work...;)

True, that'd be it. I knew there was something. :)

Top Bottom