Demographics

If they are really working Oasis, while building a worker, they would now have: 4 EP + 2 Culture + 1.2*(8 Palace + 1 Free + 1 CC + 3 Oasis) = 21. So Mining, followed by a 2nd-tier tech (BW?)
Sorry, that makes no sense. Why would they go worker-Mining? That leaves them without food. Maybe WB first, but grow to size 2 and take the extra commerce? Doesn't seem like a good play, but better than alternative. Can someone else figure it out?

Throwing some ideas out...

Would the timings work for a paranoid warrior first and a non military tech? Scout start after all... Might make sense if they have animal food > longish wait for AH to come in.

The build worker + mining might make some kind of sense if they have something *really* worth mining and intend to chop out a WB as soon as BW comes in?

Floodplain gems/gold? :)

I am a bit perplexed right now, although that may have more to do with me being out of touch with the demos for about 3 turns.

CDZ starts with Hunt/Fish, right? (Ragnar's starting techs) So Mining is the most likely choice if the power average increased - but how'd they get 3 commerce? My guess is either an oasis like you said OR a clam/fish/crab inside their capital (unimproved). Mysticism doesn't give any power right?

Will try to figure this out later tonight, time permitting.

No changes this turn. Sirius should've completed Mining if that's what they were after, so I'm not sure what they're on now. We thought first-tier tech... I'll check the numbers again.

Edit: They start with Agri+Fish, and were getting 10bpt. Last turn switched to higher commerce. That would give them all first-tier techs, except Wheel. Correct?

Turn 8 - 3680 BC
Team Siruis finished a technology. The Wheel? (They start with agriculture and mysticism).

NOTE: Demographics after Maya (Merlot I think) and us have finished our turns.

They got Mining, hence the 2000 soldier increase.

GNP now:
4 EP + 4 Culture + (8+1+1+3)*1.0 = 23
Could be either BW or Sailing?

My best guesses on other team tech right now:

Sirius - Mining (Agriculture / Fishing start); second-tier tech now. BW or Sailing.
CDZ - Mining (Hunting / Fishing start); second-tier tech now. Could be any of AH, BW or Sailing, I guess.
Quatronia - probably Agriculture (Mining / Fishing start); still first-tier tech?
Merlot - probably Agriculture (Mysticism / Mining start); no change in GNP would indicate another tier-1 tech, so no religion yet? What else could they want from tier-1?
Amazon - AH, but not done yet.

There are no changes in GNP as of this turn. We went to 4th place following the switch to BW, so that leaves Quatronia behind on 17, with Sirius and CDZ on 21, Amazon on 20 and Merlot still 16.

Amazon - AH, but not done yet.

Oh phew. We'll be safe for a while. But once they get galleys, we have to watch out for their Amphibious-Imp-Trick. Haha!!

Merlot - probably Agriculture (Mysticism / Mining start); no change in GNP would indicate another tier-1 tech, so no religion yet? What else could they want from tier-1?

I'm going to guess fishing. With this kind of map they probably are prioritizing WB or have seafood monopoly like we have on rice. Of course both those scenarios are just speculation ^_^

With this map? You're kidding, right? :p

Here are some screenshots after playing around with the turn 11 - 3560 BC demographics.

All screenshots done after Team Merlot didn't end turn.

I will hopefully use this to determine the teams' GNP, etc.

GNP

Spoiler :

GNP - 16

GNP - 17

GNP - 18

GNP - 19 (This is our NORMAL GNP)

GNP - 20

MFG

Spoiler :

MFG - 2 (This is our NORMAL MFG)

MFG - 3

MFG - 4

MFG - 5 (Screenshot not needed, we'd be first in this case)

Crop Yield

Spoiler :

CY - 2
Screenshot not needed - rival worst CY is 3.

CY - 3

CY - 4

CY - 5 (This is our NORMAL CY)

Here's what I have so far. The good news is that I think I've got the crop yield correct. The bad news is that I'm not sure about the GNP Graph.

On the GNP charts I have highlighted (with a border and a gray-ish color) the areas that I am confused on. For instance, Sirius appeared to have a GNP of 23, but now the highest is 21. My guess there is that they were on a 2nd tier tech and decided to trick us so after we took the screenshot they moved back to a 1st tier tech.

I'll try to get a production graph soon.

Hopefully someone can figure out the techs others research by the power graph. I haven't really been following that.

Amazon must be on Fishing.
CDZ should be on a food tech, I think - can't figure that one out. They must be done soon, given GNP and how long they've had. We'll see then.
Sirius starts with Fishing/Agri and got Mining... Hard to say. It's also possible they switched to a 1c tile instead of 3c, while going second-tier? Maybe they temporarily worked a 3c coast, while their WB gets to a fish?
Quatronia is second-tier now, so BW, most likely. It's possible a couple of the teams go Sailing right away, too.

Top Bottom