Female Great People

SaibotLieh

Emperor
Female Great People ModComp

This modcomp adds a female version for each of the Great People. These new units don't replace the original units. Instead there is a certain chance that each time a Great Person is born, this person is female. The chance for this is 15 % without the emanzipation civic and 50 % with that civic. Because the Female Great People have the same attributes as the original male ones this modcomp doesn't alter the gameplay in any way, it's just pure eye candy. In order to keep the civilopedia clean, the new units won't appear in it. However, you can see that this modcomp works by checking the original Great People. If there is a new entry 'Replaced by ...' the modcomp works.

Pictures

Spoiler :

Female Scientists

Female Spies

Female Engineers

Female Artists

Female Merchants

Female Prophet and Female Ancient General

Female MiddleAge and Modern General

Buttons

Female Names

Here are the female people I used to name the Great People. If somebody has a person that should be added I'd gladly do so. However, nobody that is still living or is a fictional character (spies are an exection of this rule).

Great Artist
Spoiler :

En-hedu-ana
Sappho
Anyte of Tegea
Hrotsvitha
Beatriz de Dia
Christine de Pisan
Sofonisba Anguissola
Artemisia Gentileschi
Mary Wollstonecraft
Jane Austen
Elise Garnerin
Annette von Droste-Hülshoff
George Sand
Johanna Maria Lind
Emily Elizabeth Dickinson
Bertha von Suttner
Sarah Bernhardt
Selma Lagerlöf
Annie Oakley
Grandma Moses
Grazia Deledda
Hélène Dutrieu
Sigrid Undset
Gabriela Mistral
Natalie Clifford Barney
Isadora Duncan
Natalia Goncharova
Anna Pavlova
Virginia Woolf
Georgia O'Keeffe
Nelly Sachs
Pearl S. Buck
Martha Graham
Katharine Hepburn
Astrid Lindgren
Eva Perón
Marilyn Monroe
Audrey Hepburn
Grace Kelly
Forough Farrokhzad

Great Engineer
Spoiler :

Augusta Ada King
Caroline Endres Diescher
Hertha Marks Ayrton
Käthe Paulus
Sophia Hayden Bennett
Julia Morgan
Marie Marvingt
Eileen Gray
Lillian Moller Gilbreth
Amelie Beese
Ruth Bancroft Law
Melitta Schenk
Elsie MacGill
Beatrice Shilling
Margaret Hutchinson Rousseau
Hedy Lamarr
Betty Holberton
Kathleen Antonelli
Ruth Teitelbaum
Anita Borg
Misha Mahowald

Great General
Spoiler :

Fu Hao
Eurypyle
Penthesilea
Artemisia I of Caria
Trung Trac
Trung Nhi
Trieu Thi Trinh
Zenobia
Li Xiu
al-Kahina
Kahula bint Azwar
Jeanne de Clisson
Joan of Arc
María Pacheco
Cacica Gaitana
Gráinne Ní Mháille
Abbakka Rani
Mary Bankes
Gao Guiying
Shen Yunying
Alyona Erzymasskaya
Mussasa
Keladi Chennamma
Ingela Gathenhielm
Qin Liangyu
Bartolina Sisa
Ghaliyya al-Wahhabiyya
Sarraounia
Bibi Sahib Kaur
Juana Azurduy de Padilla
Emilia Plater
Seh-Dong-Hong-Beh
Begum Hazrat Mahal
Rani Lakshmibai
Nakano Takeko
Agueda Kahabagan
Teresa Magbanua
Margarita Neri

Great Merchant
Spoiler :

Shammuramat
Lamia of Athens
Lydia of Thyatira
Eleanor of Aquitaine
Hawise of Aumale
Aijaruc
Margaret de Quincy
Dervorguilla of Galloway
Rose de Burford
Isabella d'Este
Gracia Mendes Nasi
Tullia d'Aragona
Barbara Uthmann
Gráinne Ní Mháille
Anna of Saxony
Jean Gordon
Hannah Woolley
Thérèse de Couagne
Therese Huber
Sacagawea
Charlotte Elizabeth Guest
Hetty Green
Victoria Claflin Woodhull
Mary Louise McLaughlin
Emma Forsayth
Jane Addams
Helena Rubinstein
Elizabeth Arden
Coco Chanel
Jacqueline Cochran
Grete Schickedanz
Mary Kay Ash
Mildred Scheel

Great Prophet
Spoiler :

Ruth
Esther
Sarah
Miria
Deborah
Hannah
Abigail
Huldah
Mahapajapati Gotami
Khema
Uppalavanna
Sri Anandamayi Ma
Sarada Devi
Tsu Shu
Sun Bu'er
Ban Zhao
Fatima al-Fihri
Nusaybah bint Ka’ab
Aisha bint Abu Bakr
Razia al-Din
Nefertiti
Cassandra of Troy
Mary Magdalene
Pomponia Graecina
Marcella
Fabiola
Brigid of Kildare
Guillemine
Birgitta Birgersdotter
Theresa of Ávila
Anne Hutchinson
Kimpa Vita
Ann Lee
Mary Baker Eddy
Helena Blavatsky
Bernadette Soubirous
Thérèse of Lisieux
Agnesë Gonxhe Bojaxhiu

Great Scientist
Spoiler :

Merit-Ptah
Leizu
Agamede
Arete of Cyrene
Hypatia
Aglaonike
Hildegard of Bingen
Trotula of Salerno
Sophia Brahe
Anna Maria von Schürmann
Marguerite de la Sablière
Elena Cornaro Piscopia
Maria Margarethe Kirch
Émilie du Châtelet
Maria Gaetana Agnesi
Caroline Herschel
Marie-Sophie Germain
Mary Fairfax Somerville
Mary Anning
Florence Nightingale
Elizabeth Blackwell
Mary Everest Boole
Christine Ladd-Franklin
Sarah Frances Whiting
Sofia Kovalevskaya
Marie Curie
Grace Chisholm Young
Mileva Maric
Lise Meitner
Emmy Noether
Barbara McClintock
Dorothy Hodgkin
Chien-Shiung Wu
Tatiana Proskouriakoff
Rosalind Franklin
Eleanor Francis Helin
Dian Fossey

Great Spy
Spoiler :

Charlotte de Sauve
Charlotte Corday
Madame d'Oettlinger
Elizabeth Van Lew
Sarah Emma Edmonds
Belle Boyd
Edith Cavell
Margaretha Zelle
Johanna Brandt
Louise de Bettignies
Elizebeth Friedman
Lisé de Baissac
Suzanne Spaak
Virginia Hall
Yoshiko Kawashima
Christine Granville
Letty Norwood
Noor Inayat Khan
Ethel Rosenberg
Peggy Taylor
Hannah Szenes
Hélène Deschamps Adams
Nikita Taylor
Vesper Lynd
Tatiana Romanova
Teresa di Vicenzo
Wai Lin
Giacinta Johnson
Elektra King
Dana Scully
Emma Peel
Cate Archer

Now for the more technical details:

This modcomp is mostly modular. However, there are some files that can't be made modular. These files are three python files (CvEventManager, CvPediaUnit, CvPediaMain) and two xml files (Audio3DScripts and AudioDefines). The changes in the python files can be found by searching for 'saibotlieh', the changes in the xml files can be found near the buttom of the files (lines 22861-23005 and lines 10979-11013). Further there is a sound folder with custom sounds that must be placed direct into the base mod Assets folder.
All files in the zip-file are already put into the necessary folder, unzipping it directly in the Mods folder of BtS should result into a working mod.
The python functions that changes the Great People to female units is written in a way that all Great People that have similiar named female unit counterparts are targets. For example, the existence of the Unit_Female_Scientist makes the Unit_Scientist a target. So, if it is desired to add more Female Great People to this modcomp (for custom Great People) this is possible by just naming the new female units accordingly. For example, if a Female Doctor should be added to this modcomp, that unit should be named Unit_Female_Doctor (if the original unit is named Unit_Doctor that is).

If you are using my Native Amazon modcomp with this modcomp:

- The python files in the Screens folder don't need to be changed.
- Most of the sound files are the same, they can be overriden if asked for.
- The chance of getting Female Great People is 15 % higher for each available Amazons bonus (max. 50 %).

Credits/Thanks

- The_J for his 'Invisible dummy techs' mod that I've modified to fit to my needs.
- God-Emperor for the idea to use the Civilopedia entry for turning the units invisible.
- Ploeporpengal, the Scientist unit is based on his imported Pirates! barmaid.
- Walter Hawkwood, I used his Mercedes Benz model as basis for my Mustang.
- Bakuel, I used some of his textures as base.
- BioWare, the audio files arefrom their game Dragon Age Origins.
- Type-Moon, the Middle Age General is heavily based upon one of their original characters.
- Ploeperpengel's 'female sound animations' was my starting point for my animation sounds.
- Lemon Merchant for contributing some names and for putting them into the right format.
- The_Coyote for teaching me how to shader units & leaderheads
- All the users that gave their feedback to my unit creations.
- All the writers of the tutorial section and helpful people in the forums. Without those, I'd never have learnt how to mod in the first place.

Download link: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=14749

Known bugs/errors/potential bugs

- The message about the birth of a great person still says the name of the male unit that got replaced.

- Lemon Merchant found a Golden Age bug. GPs of different gender aren't counted as the same GP, so, for example, a female Scientist and a male Scientist can together start a GA.

Last edited:
I try to extract to the BtS mods folder but it says "The system can't find the path specified."

Sorry, if this is a noob question; I'm not the greatest with computers.

Cool idea. :)

Thanks. :)

I try to extract to the BtS mods folder but it says "The system can't find the path specified."

Sorry, if this is a noob question; I'm not the greatest with computers.

Hm, if you have the Beyond the Sword Extension for Civ4, which is necessary for this modcomp to work, you should have this file structure in your Civ4 folder:
Code:
...Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods
The 'Mods' folder is the one where you'll have to put the content of the .zip file.

I guess, so we finally have a female equivalent for all the great persons?
:goodjob:

Aye, I guess it's official now:

:D

I think of doing the thing here without fake units, but that would lead to some confusion with stored GPs :think:.

Hm, do you mean by only swapping only the art and not the whole unit? As you might remember, I tried this once we couldn't find a python-only solution.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=346648
I think it would be favorable if there was a way to just exchange the art, but that would need some SDK changes and I don't want to go there because I want to keep the addition of this modcomp as simple as possible. However, if the changes would be made in SDK, the bug that the original male name is displayed in the birth message could be fixed as well I guess. As far as I understand it, this message is triggered before the unit can be changed via python in the CvEventManager file.

Attachments

• Achievement.jpg
    Achievement.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 3,200
Ups, yeah, i remember it vaguely now.

But i'll maybe still somewhen try it myself, because it had partially worked with the buildings for me (i think i said this in the thread), and i'll maybe somewhen have a bit more time and some lust to do it.
I'll probably also fail, but it then will not matter :D.

:lol: I think a certain someone is fan of animes: I can see saber from Fate Stay/Night.

:lol: I think a certain someone is fan of animes: I can see saber from Fate Stay/Night.

Aye, first I thought about taking Jeanne d’Arc as model for the MiddleAge General, but there is already a Jeanne unit out there. Thus and because I enjoyed Fate/Stay night very much I made a Saber unit. :)

I recommend using Wikipedia's default name for all great people. The middle names that no one recognizes are just distracting.

You might be right, but I thought it would be better to have one middle name too much than one too few. I already removed some of them, especially when the whole name got to long.

I've updated all units to shadered units. They are now included in the download file. Further I've added some names and removed a few.

Hi, sorry I readnot above... Some from great peoples are announcemented in upper screen part.
In one case is announcement in top with name of model consistent and in other case not.

It is my problem or you meet with already?

thanks for your work and time

Hrochland

I guess you mean that when a female GP is born, there is still a male name in the birth message, right? I'm aware of the problem, but can't do anything about it because it would need some SDK changes as far as I know. :(

I guess you mean that when a female GP is born, there is still a male name in the birth message, right? I'm aware of the problem, but can't do anything about it because it would need some SDK changes as far as I know. :(

But sometime is in message area female name too. I will check it now more. Sometime is it right. I send word...

Hroch

Interesting. I guess these were the actual names of the generals, right? Maybe the message for the generals is done differently than the one for the other great persons. :think:

Top Bottom