Cyrus/AMAZON Diplomacy

We should also start thinking about how the war affects our diplomatic strategy. They may not know that we know that they are at war, maybe we can use this to our advantage. What this does prove is that Cyrus and Han have a strong alliance which may prove to be unbreakable. However if we meet Pacal, he may be in need of our triremes, very interesting...

I received a PM from Sommerswerd.

To obsolete, THC and the Mavericks,

This is just a note to let you know that we are still considering your recent offers. As a gesture of goodwill, we have directed our espionage away from you as you requested. We would like you to show good faith by doing the same.

Sommerswerd, Captain of the Zenobians

Yup, I was just coming here, got the same PVM. Looks like my semi-bluff (we'll keep targeting you despite the G-Spy) worked... Now for something more interesting..

The fact he sent it PVM to more than one user makes me think they are desperate to avoid targeting them. Seems they must have something they really are anxious to hide. Hmm!

DMOC do you know how the spy points work? If Cyrus started accumulating pts vs us earlier... So in theory it will take us longer to view his demo, than it takes him to view our Demographics. I'm wondering if we can tell if they only stopped because they could see our demo? Does it go by total spending over all, or by total spending versus target. What I mean is, if Cyrus has more points vs us, does it cost us more to see HIS demographics than he is charged for ours?

I just realized something. I bet you they decided to focus all spy points vs Pacal since they are at war with them. The issue about.... ohh we stopped targeting you to be nice may be just bs.

Obsolete - no I was under the impression that if we are even in EP points on each other, we are even in the amount of points we need to see one's dempgraphics regardless of who spent it FIRST and who spent more LATER. I could be wrong, so I may make a forum thread about it to ask someone about the code.

I just realized something. I bet you they decided to focus all spy points vs Pacal since they are at war with them. The issue about.... ohh we stopped targeting you to be nice may be just bs.

I agree.

What do you want to do about it? Do you think it is worth it to reduce our points towards them?

We could say something like:

We are willing to reduce points on you. However we already have other agreements and we need to put our points on someone. If you could direct us to other people then we may be willing to put points on them. We also know that because of the war it is likely you would put points on our enemy, Pacal, than you would on us, so I doubt how much this is a diplomatic gesture.

Obviously something less offensive but it's a start.

I wasn't sure if we should drop the hint we know about their war.

I'll tell them once we even-up in points we'll stop throwing them at em.

How far away are we from seeing their demographics? It's pretty clear that they're not hiding anything just redirecting at Pacal and trying to score some cheap diplo points. If we don't have that much to gain from the spending maybe we may as well play dumb and give the small token of goodwill. We could still remind them that the points aren't yet even...

We don't have to tell them that we know about the war, just that we believe that they are redirecting towards Pacal -- no need to mention why.

I'd do it to try to make them happy -- they at least seem willing to try to work with us, much more than Quatronia.

Point our points at Willem, I suppose.

Hmm, I don't know what's going on. I tried to make a friendly post on the main Cyrus thread, and I see it was deleted for spam??? I also received an infraction from the mods despite I was trying to touch base with them.

I simply don't get it. I thought I saw others not on certain teams make posts into other team threads. I don't know... this is my first pit-boss.

I got another message from Sommer with a nasty header, he's not happy.

Sommerswerd said:
Just to let you know, you guys did not switch your espy off of us as promised. We will switch our espy back to you unless you can confirm that we are not putting espy against each other.

I sent him this response:

Dear Sommer. I have posted your last pvm to the forum for the rest of the team to view and we are discussing this. However, we have not TIED the spy score between us. You still have far more pts on us than we do on you, and many others so far feel fair is fair. After all, you guys wouldn't do a tech trade with us that you wouldn't think was fair either.

We suggest you stick to targeting them on Pacal for now.

I decided to leak out the info we knew about Pacal. He may draw the wrong conclusion and believe that Willem has been dumping us information already. :p

That dolt Sommer sent another pvm:

Sommerswerd said:
Thanks for your quick reply. Our request was in response to a letter from the Mavericks, penned by THC, which said
"In the meantime, there is one growing area for concern. We’ve noticed for a few turns now you are hammering spy points against us. This is very unsettling, and we would appreciate it if you could stop treating your ally in this matter."
We interpreted that to mean that you wished to stop putting espy points against each other as a gesture of a desire to work together. It seems we were mistaken. Sorry about that.

obsolete said:
Dear Sommer. I have posted your last pvm to the forum for the rest of the team to view and we are discussing this. However, we have not TIED the spy score between us. You still have far more pts on us than we do on you, and many others so far feel fair is fair. After all, you guys wouldn't do a tech trade with us that you wouldn't think was fair either.

We suggest you stick to targeting them on Pacal for now.

Sommerswerd said:
Just to let you know, you guys did not switch your espy off of us as promised. We will switch our espy back to you unless you can confirm that we are not putting espy against each other.

I'm thinking on sending the dolt this in pvm:

Sommer, we do not take kindly to threats. We are willing to be friends, you are not mistaken there. However, friendship takes 2, not one. So far you have not even lifted a finger for any trade deals, and instead you hammer us with espionage, while suddenly getting antsy if we just try to close the gap.

Furthermore, should I remind you that after someone made a severe misclick on your team, our team voted in favour to save your ass. There were other leaders who didn’t want us to do you this huge favour, but we did regardless. And now I have to ask, why did we do such a thing when the only thing we seem to get out of you right now is threats? This is no way to treat someone who has been willing to be a friend from the get-go.

Obsolete, I would send the same message but probably in a different tone. I have a feeling that Sommersword is not your biggest fan atm. Maybe if we had someone else sending messages for the time being we could get the same message across without annoying them too much. For now, this he said, she said stuff is doing us no favors diplomatically.

I don't think that's the right tone for this message. How about something like this (first draft):

Dear Amazon,

We understand that you don't want us putting points on you. However, in our opinion, if we are truly going to be allies (which we have done to great lengths to your team) then we should have an equal amount of espionage points. At the moment, we still have XXX to go and we will stop once we are even. The fact that we are putting points on you only reflects that you put points on us first.

We are still interested in working together. Remember how we were the ones who proposed some technology trades to you?

Team Mavericks

Top Bottom