More Civilisations

Good job Hiram - you got one of them! What I'm thinking at the moment for the Minoans is a tall trader civ that can get off to an early lead in tech. I'm not sure how I'm going to do it yet, but it should turn out well. (By the way, I just noticed your location - good show, I'm listening to it now as it happens).[/size]

Hm. UB - Monument that provides a Science boost? +2 Culture, +25% Science in the city?

Alternatively, a UA that provides +10% science to each city connected to the capital.

I think we'll go with a UA boost, since at the moment what I'm toying with is a unique palace and a unique ship. Also with your suggestions they get better as the game goes on, I'd like to try and do something like +25% science and have it decrease by 5% per era, so that it only helps to get an early lead, not streaming off ahead for the whole game. But yeah, either way will need to wait until the expansion to see the full mechanics and how they work, but I'd like to try and have some form of International trade bonus

Good job Hiram - you got one of them! What I'm thinking at the moment for the Minoans is a tall trader civ that can get off to an early lead in tech. I'm not sure how I'm going to do it yet, but it should turn out well. (By the way, I just noticed your location - good show, I'm listening to it now as it happens).

As for the others, they're both from different civs. While we are working on a Tuareg civ as part of Zambezi, that's not what the icon is for. It's actually for a mixed project, and you may have played as the civ in a scenario before...

Have I said too much?

Ayyubids (Mamluks)?

Naww, I totally got it first then. :p

If it's not Nepal, however... maybe the Gurkha civilization themselves? (I think they were a kingdom in Nepal, but I could be way off. Off to wikipedia!)

I always love Leugi's leaderscreens. Whenever I play a game with any of his leaders, they don't seem out of place when they show up.

My pleasure.

BTW, Mr Pouakai, I just had a game against Songstan, and he is a bit mad :O... He managed to build almost all wonders, and thus had an almost impossible to defeat capital... I believe you should tone him down a bit...

EDIT: And a screenshot of Uber Lhasa... Most capitals by that time had around 29 city strength at most ... Just look at that...

Wow, that's awesome. I had London looking like that in my last game, took me Artillery, Battleships and a lot of Infantry to defeat it. (BTW, all that's left now for the Ayyubids is the leaderhead, so if you could do that next that'd be awesome).

Speaking of which, here's an updated version of the Ayyubid map:

Wow, that's awesome. I had London looking like that in my last game, took me Artillery, Battleships and a lot of Infantry to defeat it. (BTW, all that's left now for the Ayyubids is the leaderhead, so if you could do that next that'd be awesome).

Speaking of which, here's an updated version of the Ayyubid map:

How will you make a city list for the Ayyubid that is different from Arabia?

(BTW, all that's left now for the Ayyubids is the leaderhead, so if you could do that next that'd be awesome).

Done, it is hugely based on this render though, so credits should also go to him.

And I also expect some fancy answer to InsanelyApple's question :D

Okay, so here's what I'm planning at the moment for the v2:

- UU replaces Knight instead of horseman
- UU culture changed to 2 instead of 3
- UU double hill movement removed
- UU given bonus on rough terrain (Halved on attack, doubled on defense)

What are the thoughts on the current proposal?

You guys are doing amazing work, all the art is incredibly cool, the ideas are great, and I'm looking forward to whatever's coming next. And I think all the African civs are nicely balanced ... buuut I think you might want to rethink Tibet.

The biggest problem is the UB, which is essentially a World Wonder (the Great Mosque of Djenne) that Tibet can build in every city, before the actual Wonder even becomes available! I don't even think Tibetan Buddhism has a missionary tradition anyway.

The UU and UA are, if not balanced, balance-able (and I think the changes to the UU are definitely a step in the right direction). I just don't think I understand them. Why do the cavalry produce culture? Are they writing poetry and painting in their spare time? It's a neat idea, and it fits with a knight or samurai, but does it fit Tibet? The UA is also odd—extra resistance doesn't really fit Tibet, and culture from civilian units is confusing to me. Tibet had a horrible system of serfdom well into the 20th century; I'm not sure how or when their workers would be producing culture.

What about bonuses related to the mountains?

Just my thoughts
The biggest problem is the UB, which is essentially a World Wonder (the Great Mosque of Djenne) that Tibet can build in every city, before the actual Wonder even becomes available! I don't even think Tibetan Buddhism has a missionary tradition anyway.
I personally don't know if that's really a problem. You'd still need to gain enough faith to purchase the missionary as it doesn't give you any, and I've never found missionaries particularly powerful in the first place, in fact I think it'd be OK if we simply removed the Happiness and Culture bonuses. (for comparison, the Mosque, in addition to Missionary spread, also provides 6 Faith 3 Culture and 1 Happiness because of the free Mosque to supplement the arguably weak effect).

The current flat yield more is problematic IMHO, because religion already favors a wide play-style and the Sputa just becomes a spammable building.

The UU and UA are, if not balanced, balance-able (and I think the changes to the UU are definitely a step in the right direction). I just don't think I understand them. Why do the cavalry produce culture? Are they writing poetry and painting in their spare time? It's a neat idea, and it fits with a knight or samurai, but does it fit Tibet?
This is why I came up with the idea

My pleasure.

BTW, Mr Pouakai, I just had a game against Songstan, and he is a bit mad :O... He managed to build almost all wonders, and thus had an almost impossible to defeat capital... I believe you should tone him down a bit...

EDIT: And a screenshot of Uber Lhasa... Most capitals by that time had around 29 city strength at most ... Just look at that...

How did that happen? That is insane! I don't see anything special about the starting area and Tibet doesn't have any ability to promote growth.

Top Bottom