More Civilisations

Pouakai, I've been told you thinking of making an italian/florence/renaissance/culture&tourism civ as talked in the BNW discussion forums. Will we see this? Do you need any help (with design, I don't know much of modding)? I look forward for a civ like this just as I was looking for that perfect Tibet.

Anyway, if you need, a nice idea for an icon: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:FlorenceCoA.svg

perhaps is too simmilar to the french but...

Hm, I agree with sukritact on the colours, unless you make the red darker and the white a different colour so to speak, in the same way that the Ottoman white is a different shade to the Japan white. For example;

The Ottoman white is a creamy white colour whereas Japan and Greece have a cool white colour. As for the flag itself I don't think the Florentine Crest is good as it's very close to France's flag but just with a prettier design, the other two are fine but my vote is for the Mecidi Crest.

I like the icon as it is red and white. Perhaps use cream instead of white (like the ottomans, as said above) and a darker red. The other icons are not that good IMO. Just an idea: try with green colors combined with purple, white and blue (I don't know if this works)

Personally I think the Fluer de Lis is a bit too much like France, so I prefer the Tuscan or Medici Crest.

As for the colors, perhaps the colors of the roofs of Florence on the color of their walls. However, if we use the Medici crest I say we stick to the variants of colors on the Medici crest.

I think the emboss and the shadow effects are too smooth, the emboss (that only some of the) firaxis icons have is a bit more precise and less sof....

The first icon looks nice though, I like the warm not-so-red red :)

I think the emboss and the shadow effects are too smooth, the emboss (that only some of the) firaxis icons have is a bit more precise and less sof....

The first icon looks nice though, I like the warm not-so-red red :)

Is this better? (my apologies for inundating the thread with icon):

My qualm with the first icon is that it's the same icon as France albeit differently styled. Pouakai likes it as well however (the icon, dunno if he'll like the colors), and I do see why.

My vote is for the third. First is too close to France and second... well, it may be more historically applicable, but it just doesn't look fancy enough, dammit. :p

I say again: I like the first one. It is simmilar to france but there are some differences and the dofferent colors make the icons look really different, and we can relate them with the civilizations with no problem. The medici one is not pretty to look at, really. The last one is just as simmilar to venice as the first one is to france. Between those two, I like the first. I think it really reflects the renaissance period that flourished in that region.

EDIT: Solution can pass by changing the french logo for 3 fleur de lis instead of only 1. Better option for me, but harder work :/

I would like to see a green/white turcany or florence, I don´t know why. Is it much work to create a green fiorentian fleur de lis logo and change the civcolors to gren(where you have white)/white(where you have red) after you release it with the colors you want??

I've recently started my adventure with modding and it is my small feedback to the project. Feel free to use it in any possible ways (I have used one of Tomatekh's civs as template, credits to him).

As long as I was coding everything was fine. I am not using English on proper level what makes writing a DoM the biggest challenge. Civilopedia is blank right now.

Finally, I made some pseudo-art. Since I see here so many gifted (or at least knowing what they do in opposite to me) people, it would be great if you make some icons or even map and leaderscreen.

Khmer Empire (v1; seems stable)
Capital: Angkor Thom (33 cities)
Jungle start
Wonder/Expansion/Production/Faith/Ranged focused

UA: Angkor the Magnificent ~ 1 Citizen appears in Capital every time you conquer a city; +1 Food per 2 citizens in Capital
UU: Militia ~ replaces warrior; can build farm, pasture and plantation
UB: Baray ~ replaces watermill; +2 faith, doesn't require river, 90 (instead 75) production cost

//Conquered city has to be at least 6 (after population reduction) or CapitalPopulation < ConqueredCityPopulation*4 + 3//
//Extra food is not affected by food modifiers and happiness//

Spoiler Screenshots :

Attachments

• Khmer Empire (Gods and Kings) (v 1).civ5mod
    594.6 KB · Views: 148
Why no love for the second icon? We have too few geometric civ icons ingame...

Why no love for the second icon? We have too few geometric civ icons ingame...
I AM quite torn between Pegasus and Ninja Star... :lol:

Also, isn't it better to have the Tuscan icon as the triple Fluer de Lis? That way it references both the Medici (their crest) and Florence (her crest)

I don't think so - a lot of French or french colonial symbols have the triple Fleur-de-lis, while the triple for Florence was only as part of the Medici crest - the city itself only has a single. I honestly don't get what the issue is with it
The Medici Crest is also the crest for all the post Lorenzo Tuscan states (the Duchy of Tuscany, etc.) don't forget that.
But yes, it was awarded by France. In a way it's sorta why I want to avoid using the Fluer de Lis at all, too closely linked to France (compare 7 mentions of Florence to 49 of France on the Wikipedia article).

The Pegasus much more distinct; no one else has a horse as their icon. The Medici Crest is more historical however.

I prefer the colours used for the icon below. Wow they're all the same image. The colours of the outer two icons.

Also, I'd be willing to do a french icon replacement if necessary.

The Medici Crest is also the crest for all the post Lorenzo Tuscan states (the Duchy of Tuscany, etc.) don't forget that.
But yes, it was awarded by France. In a way it's sorta why I want to avoid using the Fluer de Lis at all, too closely linked to France (compare 7 mentions of Florence to 49 of France on the Wikipedia article).

The Pegasus much more distinct; no one else has a horse as their icon. The Medici Crest is more historical however.

Hey, you're right. LET THE HORSE ICON EXTRAVAGANZA BEGIN :mwaha:

I prefer the colours used for the icon below. Wow they're all the same image. The colours of the outer two icons.

Also, I'd be willing to do a french icon replacement if necessary.

Hey, you're right. LET THE HORSE ICON EXTRAVAGANZA BEGIN :mwaha:

Ferrari Civ?

I love the Fleur de lis logo that Sukritact's got above, so a French icon might be necessary if you guys still think they're too close - triple FDL or Rooster, maybe?

I like the creamy red colour for the background, colours are great!
If we do go with the Florence crest, I don't think there's a lot of need to change or edit the French flag; Florence has very different colours to France so the two can be easily distinguished and while the flag is similar to France, the design has its own detail - enough I think to work when playing against and differentiating from France. If given the choice I'd go with the Mecidi Crest before the Florence Crest. The pegasus icon I don't like a great deal really.

Top Bottom