LS Civilization Set

Make one city, have at least 9 land tiles, make turn or two. If it doesn't show up in happiness window, then something is wrong.
1. They might remove it since it is no longer used by Order
2. LUA error (check log)

@Edit
According to this thread, it should be working.

Yup, it works just fine!

An idea for the Afganistan civ.

I saw this idea posted on the fourms but I can't find it now :(
make them a defensive cultural civ, like Ethiopia.

UA: Graveyard of Empires
Maintenance cost of enemy units are triple if they are in lands owned by Afganistan while at war.

The idea is to make Afganistan really hard to invade. If you do, you will be bleeding gold, making your conquest very painful for you.

Well, my current concept of Durrani Empire is indeed defensive/cultural (Great Writers mainly):

Unique Ability is divided into two parts:
  • Situational - Mountains in Durrani Empire are passable (for everyone), acts like roads and citadels (15 dmg per turn).
  • Main - bonus to Great Writers [since I haven't play BNW yet... In worst scenario it will be Great General and Great Writer merged in one unit]

Unique Unit will be Mujahideen:
  • Replacing Gatling Gun or Machine Gun
  • Invisible on Hills and Mountains
  • Can Move After Attacking (GG)/Anti-tank promotion
  • Double move on hills?
I know, 3 bonuses, but it is concept stage, not balance one. :)

Unique Building will be cultural, Great Writers related (since I haven't played BNW...).

To be honest, I would have some trouble with extra maintainence (nothing related in LUA), checking if player is at war with Durrani, iterator through units to check if in Durrani territory, then reduce gold or science (gold maintainence is dependent on era? I would have to check it).
If my mountain concept will fail, I will make extra maintainence and no heal in Durrani territory.

Added version 11:
-Hetmanate:
  • Heal reduced to 10.
  • Reduce food and production gain, add some gold.
-Fixed the code (a lot; version 10 had experimental LUA changes)

Next version should be in [GK + BNW], also...
Spoiler :

Civilizations are updated to BNW.

One significant change (Nepal/RiceTerrace):
Old: +6 food, requires mountain nearby.
New: +2 food, +2 food if mountain nearby, +2 food if adjancent to mountain.

Ashanti Empire and Durrani Empire are available in Set 4.

Speedyshare host, because I have too slow upload for Workshop (runtime errors) and files extended 10 MB civfanatics limit.

Well, I downloaded it and Nepal normally appears in game.
It might be a issue with other mods you have. Most likely XML staff (if you have logs enabled, you should check Database). UNIT_GURKHA or BUILDING_RICE_TERRACE might be used by other mod and it will cause it to not work.

I haven't any plans for next civs so far.

Mountains are passable only in Durrani territory. Though everyone can enter. However, I have already decided it will be remade into "Mountains in Durrani territory deals 10 damage to adjancent enemies and generates 1 point towards Great Writer in the city with Writers' Guild". Short: Mountains increases generation of Great Writers and deals 10 damage to enemies.

With current UA, Durrani is unable to build "Mountain required" buildings, because it simply change Mountains into hills. I have realized this yesterday, conquering city with Machu Pichu. I have also forget Alpha icons, so new version will be rather soon.

Sounds good. Nepal's UA seems to have a compatibility issue with other mods. I looked through the log but can't work out what's going wrong. Turns out it was the same compatibility thing keeping the Durrani UA from working too. Something to do with the dummy mountains you added.

Which set is Scotland in? I'm looking forward to checking out the Sioux, Papal States and Kingdom of Jerusalem set. Looks good!

Uploaded new version of Set 4 (new Durrani UA) and Set 5.

Spoiler Screenshots :

Great news everybody.
Cherokee the Leech, will be assimilated in next set.
The not so mysterious European civilization, with UI castle moat will accompany them.

Right now, I will prepare set 1 remake. I am finally able (not lazy etc) to detect pillaging and make Hetmanate UA as I originally intented:
Raids: Food, Production and Gold bonus on pillage. Mounted units entering Horse resource ignore terrain cost and pillaging cost no movement for one turn.
:rotfl:

Great news everybody.
Cherokee the Leech, will be assimilated in next set.
The not so mysterious European civilization, with UI castle moat will accompany them.

Right now, I will prepare set 1 remake. I am finally able (not lazy etc) to detect pillaging and make Hetmanate UA as I originally intented:
Raids: Food, Production and Gold bonus on pillage. Mounted units entering Horse resource ignore terrain cost and pillaging cost no movement for one turn.
:rotfl:

Very excited for the Cherokee! What is this european civ you've got planned? Lithuania? Wales?

Top Bottom