Platypedia

Modules only affect xml. It shouldn't be hard to convert from modular to non modular

Your are right, with the right amount of code from keldath I just tried again and did it! I am so use to modular loading right now that I also dismissed that I had to copy all civicsfinfo file, I used it before but with all tests I just forgotten it between the process.

So thanks for the tip! And once more all your amazing phyton!

Added a Credits Section.
Users can now simply edit the new Text file to write their own Credit list.

Cool! :cool:

I am getting a python error, see attached, with the movies screen. It is because my mod has no projects in it.

Attachments

• platy_movie error.jpg
    platy_movie error.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 211
1) I have a really strange problem. I can't select a valid civic. See image. Democracy is valid for me but clicking on it has no effect at all.

My mod has no python in it except your Pedia and UI. I decided to give them a try while I work out a proof of concept;)

I do dislike how I have to change the pedia to left handed every time I go in but the others on the team are right handed - TYRANNY OF THE RIGHT HANDED LIVES ON!

Is there anyway to have it remember for an individual player/computer?

2) I would like to use Frenchman's larger civics buttons but his tutorial wont work with your Civics page because you don't have an icon size variable. Should I just use them and see or do I need to make some changes?
Edit Just using them works:goodjob:

Attachments

• platy_civic_problem.jpg
    platy_civic_problem.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 166
1) I not sure what you mean when you said "Pedia and UI". The UI already contains Pedia and WB. Anyway, if you pressed the valid civics (white), the right columns will show the comparison, as well as list of changes in Change Column (Screenshot 1).

Even if you pressed an invalid civics (red), nothing will show in Change Column, but you can still compare. (SS 2)

If you hover over the civics in left table, they should have the hover text like in a Pedia. If you don't get hover text, that means it is not working, such as interference with BUG which disables the python hover text. Or C2C which has their own way of writing hover text. Check how it works in the standalone UI itself, and compare with your mod.

1b) All items which can be customized are in the customization section of the PediaMain File. Set bLeft to True. For now, I don't intend to make it like BUG to save changes and write it into a file, because I am lazy :D

2) The icons on the left cannot change because they are using tables, where the code to adjust row height doesn't work, so no point having bigger icons.

Attachments

• Test 10000.JPG
    Test 10000.JPG
    103 KB · Views: 172
  • Test 20000.JPG
    Test 20000.JPG
    100.7 KB · Views: 135
I only have your python in the mod. No other at all. I am building a proof of concept mod from scratch. I am even using the default dll.

I get no hover over and I can't click on the white civics to change as nothing happens.

It is possible I installed it twice or an old one over the new I suppose. I'll do a new one tomorrow and see if that fixes it. However I have already re-done it once before reporting the problem.

1b) If I make it left the others in the team will complain that they need to set it to right all the time :(. It is not important.

2. Since the icons on the left are also the icons on the right having bigger icons that scale down does look better.

1b) You can always give it to them as right, and adjust it yourself to be left.

2) I meant the icons in the "Civics" and "Change Civics" columns can't be changed.
Those on the right for comparison ones, are most likely size 64.

A clean install fixed everything. Thanks for the help and sorry to bother you over what must have been a silly mistake on my part.

Hey Platy :D

I'm at the point where I want to add VIP Concepts to the PlatyPedia. As I could imagine I'm probably not the only one who wants Mod-specific Concept descriptions in the Pedia, so I'm wondering if you could consider making a new field in the list for those (or give me a little help/hint how to do ;))
I was thinking on top would be the best position (above techs) so when entering the pedia its the first being shown.

Cheers
Vincentz

Can be done, but tedious. The simpler way which most mods do, is shift all the BTS concepts into default concepts, and use the BTS concepts for own mod's concepts.

Rgr. Just thought it would be nice to get straight to the concepts since it would be a good way for newcomers to mods to get an "introduction". Also I think it would load the Pedia faster since many mods have 200+ techs and it takes a while (split seconds ;)) to load.

Saving seconds for others will probably take an hour of mine :)

It looks weird to place concepts right at the top. If tech is really slow, credits look more appropriate to shift upwards.

well, credits could work a bit like concepts. Maybe call it Introduction?
With the ability to add images and text, and maybe hyperlinks to concepts or other pedias.

Donno if its doable, but I think it would be nice with some explanations in-game, as only hard-core gamers will go through the forums to seek answers to what might be simple questions easily answered.

Credits is credits, I don't mix it with concepts. It is a place for modders to thank others who have contributed to their mod. Most people don't bother to read the forum thread to see who are the contributors, so I added a section in Pedia for modders to use if they want.

You can refer to the screenshot above to see how it looks like. It isn't appropriate to mix game concepts with credits.

no, i meant that instead of doing a second Concepts page, the format used in credits could be used as a top page called Introduction, where modders could make a short intro to the mod, and write important info regarding the mod, and if possible, make links to f.ex. concepts or put images. Sort of a Welcome Page

Top Bottom