Vicevirtuoso's Civilizations

Heheh, Ultimate Madoka.

Here's a screenshot of me not too far from Culture victory.

Then again, Ultimate Madoka Civ's abilities have nothing to do with Culture Victory. :p

Man, all those extra delegates CSD adds in these days. The Diplo Victory threshold should be made much higher with all that stuff...

But then again, you could have won strictly off of your City-State allies, status as host, and base delegates. The Diplo Victory threshold should just be higher, period.

I find the Vocaloids to be much more in-line after I nerfed them....

OK, I'll try it out! could you upload the updated civs here? updating though steam is rather a hassle.

I'll admit that I only tried some of your civs, but what stands out as OP was MSF subsistence. that extra yields in capital was huge, also the fulton recovery system makes late-game warmongering a joke.

OK, I'll try it out! could you upload the updated civs here? updating though steam is rather a hassle.

I'll admit that I only tried some of your civs, but what stands out as OP was MSF subsistence. that extra yields in capital was huge, also the fulton recovery system makes late-game warmongering a joke.

I'll update the OP here at some point, but for now, you can find the most up-to-date manual download links on the Steam Workshop. Look in the descriptions for "alternate download link."

MSF Subsistence is indeed a crazy beast, one of those things that's either absurdly powerful or absurdly worthless. I haven't gotten enough feedback from its most recent incarnation (after disabling Gold purchasing in puppet states), so I appreciate it. I think one of the main things I need to do is reduce the amount of Salvage from conquering Cities, probably to 2/3 of its current value, or maybe even half it. Conquest can get you a level 21 Mother Base way too fast, from what I've seen.

I may also look into some sort of limit on the Fulton Recovery System. Perhaps that you have to spend Gold to outfit a soldier with the promotion after getting to MB level 15.

Char Aznable would be amusing. Whenever he's defeated, he should don some headwear of some sort and come back as another player with a different name. Because, you know.

Char Aznable's UA: He is a Char.

Whenever his empire is totally defeated and removed from the game, he respawns in a random unoccupied part of the world under a different name and with a different appearance (with appropriate starting units and techs for the era he's respawning in).

Points for those who get the reference.

Why do people keep calling different people Char? People keep saying that Quattro Bajeena is Char, but that's BS -- they're nothing alike! That's like calling Blue Zakus "Goufs." Makes no damn sense. Next thing you'll tell me is that Tomino has a bad opinion of women.

More importantly, magic is happening.

Spoiler :

Finally got all the issues with persistent data saving between Lua contexts sorted out, so now it's just squashing what bugs are left with the UU scripts before I have a publishable alpha build of the new Madoka mod (pre-MGs, of course). Shirome is probably just gonna have some Firaxis Civ's trait as a placeholder, since their UU and UI don't require the MG system to be implemented.

Geez, wow... I really want to start learning how to mod UI stuff now. X3 Although I'm not sure how much of that took .dll mods...

I'm assuming that's the Oracle wonder as a UI? Nifty!

I'm intruiged that the city graphics look odd... is that just because you're starting in a later era? Or did you find some way to modify city graphics?

Geez, wow... I really want to start learning how to mod UI stuff now. X3 Although I'm not sure how much of that took .dll mods...

All of the UI functionality shown can be done entirely through Lua. But whoward's DLL is necessary to get the proper "on tile pillage" and "on unit promotion" GameEvents.

I'm intruiged that the city graphics look odd... is that just because you're starting in a later era? Or did you find some way to modify city graphics?

No, those are default graphics on an Information Era start. Kazamino and Shirome use the Asian art set; Oktavianna uses the Euro art set.

I'm really interested to see what you're going to be doing with the Madoka civs. They're looking really nice so far.

Incidentally, I've been playing around with promotion icons recently, so if you want to use a promotion that isn't just the generic up-arrow, let me know. (Or I could give you the GIMP file that I made that has a template you can use.)

Incidentally, I've been playing around with promotion icons recently, so if you want to use a promotion that isn't just the generic up-arrow, let me know. (Or I could give you the GIMP file that I made that has a template you can use.)

I'd be really glad to get some help making some promotion icons. They won't even need to be for the UUs; I'm perfectly fine with keeping the up-arrow on those. It's mostly for the Great Magical Girls. Based on the current design document, they are going to have somewhere around 420 available promotions. Any help I can get in reducing the number of those icons I have to make will help tremendously...

Without even going into detail on what all of those promotions are, if you happen to make me basically anything with the star from the Madoka Magica logo or a heart, I could use it for at least one of them.

It's mostly for the Great Magical Girls. Based on the current design document, they are going to have somewhere around 420 available promotions.

:eek: Wow, that's... quite a lot!

Also, I'm not sure whether you picked them all out (if I recall correctly on the Steam comments thread, you were asking for suggestions), but the music for the Vocaloid civilization is really good! Of course I haven't been to war in that game yet so I've only heard the peace music, but still.

I'd be really glad to get some help making some promotion icons. They won't even need to be for the UUs; I'm perfectly fine with keeping the up-arrow on those. It's mostly for the Great Magical Girls. Based on the current design document, they are going to have somewhere around 420 available promotions. Any help I can get in reducing the number of those icons I have to make will help tremendously...

Without even going into detail on what all of those promotions are, if you happen to make me basically anything with the star from the Madoka Magica logo or a heart, I could use it for at least one of them.

Spoiler :

:eek: Wow, that's... quite a lot!

Indeed. Currently, the idea is that there are 30 promotions for every Tree, and there are 14 trees:

Role Trees(Demolisher (city attacker), Skirmisher (unit attacker), Vanguard (defensive unit), Protector (support/healing))
Job Trees(Scientist, Engineer, Merchant, Writer, Musician, Artist, Commander (aka General), Navigator (aka Admiral), Prophet)
Common Tree

A Magical Girl can choose a Role when they are born, and their Job is based directly on the Great Person type from which they were created. And all of them get the Common tree, so each MG will have three trees available for a total of 90 promotions which are available to any given one. You'll realistically have a maximum of 84, though, since the final set of 3 promotions in each tree are mutually exclusive to each other.

Also, I'm not sure whether you picked them all out (if I recall correctly on the Steam comments thread, you were asking for suggestions), but the music for the Vocaloid civilization is really good! Of course I haven't been to war in that game yet so I've only heard the peace music, but still.

The soundtrack was assembled for me by a friend. He made all of the music choices, and all I did was turn it into a .civ5mod.

Spoiler :

Awesome. Thank you!

Could I get a copy of the template? I've got four unique promotions in my Yumemi civ that I should probably make icons for...

At least it's not 420! Gotta admire Vicevirtuoso's ambitiousness...

I can write up simple Lua scripts on request, but as far as entire Civilizations, no. Currently, all projects other than Madomod are on hold.

Speaking of which...

I finally have something presentable.

GET HYPE

I like a lot of the changes, like moving Mami's production bonus to her new Unique (tea) building, and Kyouko's food bonus to her Sakura Church, which gives room for more abilities (which are great!).
I would have to disable the old Madoka modpack before using this new one, right?

Also, that Char Aznable civ is a good idea :D
Spoiler :
UU: Colony Drop - Captured cities gain a Colony Drop unit, which works like a stronger Nuclear Missile. Once a city's Colony Drop is used, however, the city will begin to raze itself (this is irreversible). During this time, that City's local Unhappiness is doubled (so Colony Drop carefully!). Must have Satellites researched.

UU: Char Clones - replaces Great General. These Char clones have 6 movement (move three times faster than their General counterparts). They've also come here to laugh at you(r enemy), reducing their Combat Strength by 15%. May also be prone to wearing silly masks and/or glasses.

Good luck sir, eagerly awaiting your revised masterpiece! :D

Top Bottom