ryanjames' mods-Civilisations, small and large

Well, i agree on the UU... but you incorporated some french things and made a kind OP UA... also, i dissagree on the Friday court.
(Look, i honestly fail to see the connection between this UA to the mossi... about the Friday court, search for Mogho Naaba court)

Well, the UA is meant to represent Mossi expansion. Mossi cavalry would conquer various tribes and create new vassal kingdoms. Due to city states essentially being vassal states ingame, I imagined it would be fairly representative so that expansion makes relationships with vassals easier to manage, though 10% might be a bit much per city. And then there's the Mossi's talent for raiding, which I think would be more difficult to apply to simply cavalry units, though I'll have to make sure. The only French bit is in the name, and the Tengbiise and Nakomse are the names for the two Mossi classes of people anyway.

I'm not so sure why the Friday court is unrepresentative. At least from a gameplay perspective it makes the expansion required from the UA much easier, and you mentioned how it was an event where various luxuries were gifted to the Mossi monarch, so happiness from worked luxuries seems appropriate.

If you have any balance suggestions feel free to ask, the +1 faith from camps and pastures is probably a little unnecessary.

Does this seem better? The symbol itself is a Mossi sun mask, and it's under the green/orange colour scheme that was suggested. I only whipped it up quickly, so the quality isn't very good.

I'd say if you get rid of the green bit at the bottom you'd be good.

I'd say if you get rid of the green bit at the bottom you'd be good.

After discussing the Mossi some more with davey_henninger, we've come to a conclusion on the UA, a mix of a few different ideas thrown about here, I don't want to spoil too much, so I'll be vague :D

The UA will be expansion focused, but will also have a city state related leaning.

The UB wil be a friday court similar to the ones I've mentioned.

and the UU will be a skilled pillage-related cavalry unit.

Also, what about the colours, do you think they're fine? I was thinking of a brown instead, or some tweaking.

Colors seem good to me.

Colors are good.

The Protectorate is now updated with cultural diversity and YNAEMP!

I'm proud to present this update to the Isle of Man mod by Calcul8or, the Manx reborn!

Nice. It looks veeeery good! And with YnAEMP (v.23??) support, great!

Beautiful artwork.

Beside that I have a question. First note that I have absolutely no knowledge of the Kingdom of the Isles, so please excuse my ignorance :undecide: but how is the "+50% production of aircraft" part of the UA relevant for the civ?

Also, are you planning E&D support?

Nice. It looks veeeery good! And with YnAEMP (v.23??) support, great!

Beautiful artwork.

Beside that I have a question. First note that I have absolutely no knowledge of the Kingdom of the Isles, so please excuse my ignorance :undecide: but how is the "+50% production of aircraft" part of the UA relevant for the civ?

Also, are you planning E&D support?

The UA is meant to represent a more modern Isle of Man, we have a massive aerospace industry (like, for our population of around 75'000) which has it's roots going back around 100 years. We build parts that are used in cutting edge aircraft/spacecraft, we're actually the 5th likeliest nation to have a mission to the moon

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...n-named-fifth-likely-country-return-moon.html

Behind the likes of Russia, the US etc.

Regarding E and D support, I need to learn how to add it, once that happens I'll go and add it to all my mods. Currently I'm occupied with Akkad though :)

The UA is meant to represent a more modern Isle of Man, we have a massive aerospace industry (like, for our population of around 75'000) which has it's roots going back around 100 years. We build parts that are used in cutting edge aircraft/spacecraft, we're actually the 5th likeliest nation to have a mission to the moon

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...n-named-fifth-likely-country-return-moon.html

Behind the likes of Russia, the US etc.

Regarding E and D support, I need to learn how to add it, once that happens I'll go and add it to all my mods. Currently I'm occupied with Akkad though :)

Thanks for your answer. :)

As I said, the civ really looks nice - looking forward to trying it soon.

We? Who is we?
Also, great release!

We? Who is we?
Also, great release!

Well, re-release :p

Hiram donated art from one of his projects that he isn't working on anymore, we also revised some of the uniques

We? Who is we?

LordRJ is being polite; the Isle of Man has been a collaboration between us, but he's done the heavy lifting of design and writing text entries (I hate writing pedia entries). Much appreciation to COF, LastSword, and TPangolin for art work, Lord Tirion for the unit model, and Machiavelli and JFD for code I...erm...borrowed.

Nice.
The more modders work on a civ, the better the civ is. :)

And modders with j in the user name worth two modders...;)

Top Bottom