GPuzzle's Civs

Interesting, but I think your image references may use some help:

Garibaldi
Spoiler :

Tatterdemallion
Spoiler :

Palace
Spoiler :

Outside View makes it too obvious it's a modern picture.

Also, as suggestions, why not the Lanceiro Negro instead of the Gaucho? That way it wouldn't step over the Argentine UU, which whether Riograndenses want to admit it or not, is more iconic for there than it is for here:

Spoiler :

Finally, no Landship Replacement?

Spoiler :

:p:p

Umm... the UA is too powerful. Also, isn't Garibaldi an Italian revolutionary?

@HoopThrower: Thanks for the pics! This was late at night and I was feeling tired, so thanks for the help! The lanceiro negro is a possibility, and might actually be pretty thematic. To the Gaúchos (guess what, that's what the people of Rio Grande do Sul call themselves) and Brazilians in general, the gaúcho is far more iconic.

Umm... the UA is too powerful. Also, isn't Garibaldi an Italian revolutionary?

UA isn't as powerful as it may seem. First, peace deal cities don't count for the free GW. Second, it happens only once per city. Third, it's +10 XP per Great Work. Not that much.

And Garibaldi was technically both. You see, there's a lot of Italian influence in RS, and Garibaldi joined the War as an Admiral for the Ragamuffins. He's not exactly the leader of the revolution in any way whatsoever but he's far, far more recognizable than Bento Gonçalves.

Will they be able to get wine from water tiles? :p

That'd be pretty funny, but no, we're going back to Abraham. I redid the leader scene, which is looking much better now, and I have the Icons for the units, but goddamnit, I can't seem to figure out how to get the icons right for usage in Civ. It's annoying.

Now I have a massive problem - the music!

Apparently anime is screwing up with me finding good music for Canaan.

GODDAMNIT, JAPAN!

That might be interesting. Any reccomendations?

So after overworking myself trying to get the Icons right and failing miserably (I will figure out how to fix that), I went for a new Civ design to get my mind working again and not grind to a halt:

Pengtoushan Culture:

UA: The First Rice Farmers - Farms provide +1 Food. Ignore difficult terrain while moving through River tiles. Starts with Pottery.

UB #1: Pan Maker - Monument replacement. +2 Food. Instead of +2 Culture, receive +1 Culture for every 2 citizens in a city.

UB #2: Dou Stand - Granary replacement. Increased maintainance. Instead of +2 Food, generate +10% Food and +10% Culture for every Social Policy tree you have finished.

Shouldn't be too hard, at max something for the Dou Stand's special ability. Besides, I will be able to train my graphical skills until I manage to insert the .dds tiles without them being horribly off.

*dusts off this place*

Boy, we've got a lot to do.

First and foremost, I've given up on most of my projects that were here. In fact, I have switched it so many times...

Second, I've decided to fully dedicate myself to a simpler but very interesting project: Alternate Rome Leader, Gaius Julius Caesar.

UA: Render Unto Caesar - A Golden Age begins after capturing an enemy Capital. During Golden Ages, gain 1 Production from every 2 Citizens, and Food increases by 10%.

UU: Praetor - Great General replacement - May be expended to generate Golden Ages. If garrisoned in a city, the city keeps +35% of the food after a Citizien is born.

UU: Ballista - Catapult replacement. Has +2 STR and Indirect Fire.

Augustus will also be getting a revision in this mod.

UA: The Glory of Rome - +25% Production towards buildings that already exist in the capital. +2 Production and +1 Gold from Plantations.

UB: Forum - Market replacement - Negates Occupied Unhappiness, and for every Forum in the empire, gain +2 Gold in the capital.

UU: Legion - Swordsman replacement. +3 STR. May build Roads and Forts.

The Lua code is done (most of it adapted from JFD and tarcisiocm) - now, onto the SQL and art!

It's a "reduces occupied unhappiness" tag, not one that adds happiness. This just makes the Courthouse obsolete.

So you'll actually get positive gold.

Probably a Courthouse replacement with no mantainance?

Top Bottom