GPuzzle's Civs

I chose what I did because Julius is known for his conquest, not for chilling out in a palace.

That's disputable, He wasn't just Great General and Conqueror, he was a Roman Emperor/Consul with his own palace as well, if anything I could see him being at a luxurious palace or a battle ridden fort at the command of his soldiers.

Hm... a transplant from the face of Civ Rev's Caesar from last page into the leaderscene could fix some of the... oddities on the face shape in this leaderscene.

Once I'm done with David Xanatos' Gravity Falls and my own Riograndense Republic, I'm going to work on the following Civ, so I wanted some feedback on its current design:

Oyo Empire:

UA: The Council of the Oba: For every +1 Gold produced in a City, Military Production and Experience is increased by 1% up to a maximum of 30. During We Love The King Day, Gold Production is increased by 25% in cities, and We Love The King Day is increased for every Enemy Capital under your control.

UU: Elesin: Knight replacement. Ignores Zone of Control, and has an increased bonus for Flanking enemies, as well as +1 Movement. Does not require Horses.

UU: Jagunjagun: Longswordsman replacement. Available at Civil Service rather than Steel. Starts with Cover I.

How come not civ revolution concept art Ceasar?

My reason would be it's not a full body short it's cut-off at the waist which would make an awkward leaderscreen and drawing legs onto it seems like unnessesary work when your could probably find a better base somewhere else.

Oh, God...

What is with you people? I release a design, and you focus on the art of a Civ!

My reason would be it's not a full body short it's cut-off at the waist which would make an awkward leaderscreen and drawing legs onto it seems like unnessesary work when your could probably find a better base somewhere else.

I think he meant transplant the face from the Civ Rev concept art rather than the Civ Rev released version.

NOTE: I have no opinion on this subject, I'm just trying to clarify what I think Kerrigan meant.

The Concept art is a completly different art style, the actual Caesar is more in line with what you see in Civ 5... just that it's only up to the waist.

As for the design, call me grumpy but I don't think both parts of the UA are necesary, I'd rather just go with the first one.

More designs? More designs.

I plan to release:

- Gravity Falls (collab with David Xanatos)

- Rio Grande

- Oyo Empire

- Seven Provinces of the Netherlands

Can anyone reccomend me a guy that's not a warmonger? I want to do something that's a bit more fitting to my tastes.

UA: The First Modern General: Units cost 50% less money to upgrade. Upon capturing a City, gain Science based on your current Gold Output and the city's population.

UU: Waardgelder: Musketman replacement. May pillage for free, gains Gold from attacking cities, gold from Pillaging and taking cities is doubled.

UU: Belegering Wapen: Cannon replacement. Available at Gunpowder. Increased bonus against cities, from 200% to 300% that stays after upgrading.

Yeah, Maurice of Nassau. Couldn't find a great title for his UA, but I can change it.

Gustavus Adolphus is the father of modern warfare. Very close, but different, I suppose. It's hard, the two overlap quite a bit.

They're actually the dutch word for Mercenaries.

I mean, seriously, one of the UUs is named "Mercenary" and the other is named "Siege Weapon" quite literally.

Yeah... the Dutch weren't very creative when it came to unit names, nonetheless, after a quick read, it turns out the Waardegelders did play a very important role on the Dutch Independence Wars, so they actually are a very nice choice for UU.
Schutterij would had been the other option, them being the Militias, but I'd lean for the Waardegelders.

As for the other UU, after a quick read I'd say go with the falconet for the UU, the name's less awkward and pretty relevant to the conflict and period too. ;)

Also, I'm kinda surprised you didn't go for a Naval UU, given the wide variety of possible choices there, even ignoring the Sea Beggar used in the main game, there's an impressive amount of ships to go for, from Flyboats to Schooners to Fluyts to Fin e la guerre.

Hmm. I had a bit of trouble, there weren't many Dutch ships while I was researching the Dutch Revolt. Might go with that, actually, but then I would have to remake it.

Possibly. I could switch it to a vlieboot (flyboat) which would be a Frigate replacement that ignores Zone of Control and has a bonus against Cities but comes up at the other side of the other side of the Tech Tree, so maybe Chemistry?

IDK.

I mostly use it as a rough draft and it ends up much differently.

It's actually more focused on Maurice of Nassau and his importance. I might throw in something revolving around Gold. This is a rough draft.

But yeah, it's going to be military-gold focused, apparently.

Don't mock our beautiful language and our elegant and very unique names :D I'm quite sure Waardgelder is Middle Dutch, at least certainly not used nowadays :p Anyway, if you're going for the siege weapon thing, call it Belegeringswapen, but I'd recommend some sort of ship instead, since this is indeed a literal translation :p

Top Bottom