NESLife VII

Certainly seems that way.

I'd like to return to it someday, but right now I'm doing my Master's degree in Zoology, and I haven't dedicated the time that I need to keep this running. It could conceivably return in the future and carry on from where we are now, but that depends on what comes of my schedule this coming year. I really do want to run it though, and I'm really happy to see that some people are still interested in NESLife VI. :D

^Wrong NESLife, but I'm sure we are all interested in yours too Iggy :)

Well that's a derp moment right there. Oh well, I know Daft and I both want our respective NESLife games to happen, and we've cross-advertised before. :p

Ahh funnily enough, I was reading through NESLife 3 yesterday (sneakily, while I was at work). That one made it to 30+ updates, despite the clunkiness, its something I'm really proud of.

I feel bad about not updating this. I feel bad about not updating a lot of things! Similarly to Lord Iggy, I'm stretched for time as I'm working and commuting most days, trying to compress everything else into a couple of hours in the evening.

I also realise that the whole 'pixel art' style really doesn't suit a game about nature and life forms. It was a phase I was going through at the time... If I was doing this again, I'd do Lord Iggy style, miniature digital painting.

My ideas and my execution have definitely been out of whack post-2008 (incidentally that's when I wasn't studying or working full time).

Anyway, I'm never saying never to updating this. Could be a re-launch with a new art style, simplified stats, mass extinction to cut down on the crowd ;)

Mass extinctions are always fun. Maybe one organism screws up the biosphere and wipes out almost everything. Maybe there's a bolide impact. Gamma ray bursts are always fun. Or maybe just drop an alien mining colony on the planet and devastate the planet for a few thousand years, leaving behind a few extraterrestrial invasive species!

Top Bottom