Uighur_Caesar's Civilizations

What do you need for the Lua?

It's the same concept that was used in More Civ's Tibet and DarkScythe's Holo. Basically, I'd have to check all the tiles at the beginning of the game and find the forest and jungle ones and store them. Then I'd have to check if there was a farm built on any of those tiles and whether or not the Taino are the currently owner of them. And then add the +1 Food yield.

So if anyone has the ability to do that I would really appreciate the help.

I haven't played, but I suppose so. Maybe +2 Food from Cities settled adjacent to rivers.

They called my Julius Caesar OP, and pretty much every ryanjames Civ OP. Mossi and Akkad were a riot.

Alright so after consulting Reddit and myself, I've decided that +1 Food and +1 Faith for every 2 river tiles adjacent to a city should be fair. I've been restarting as them and every start their capital has between 3-5 adjacent river tiles. If I round down, that's 1 or 2 food and faith per city. If someone calls that OP I'll downvote them at this point lol.

Iraq should be updated tomorrow with the nerfed UA and compatibility for CulDiv, P&P, etc. There wouldn't be any unique things for E&D because I currently don't know how to program them and I don't have any ideas for decisions or events. If anyone has an idea or can help with the code please let me know.

As a rule of thumb everybody always says custom civs are OP.
To be honest, that is not really unfounded. Most of the times they actually are OP. And when they're not really OP, they're just all-around better than most of Firaxis' civs.

We've reached the point where one of the most powerful Firaxis Civs (Siam) is meh by normal standards. Essentially, the power curve has shifted. Happens every time. Compare vanilla to G&K, and G&K to BNW. The power curve raises pretty much always.

Welp, guess I missed Iraq's grand release, congrats on the release of your first mod Caesar - here's to many more!

Northern Ireland is basically done except for art and a couple more pedias. TranquilSilence is doing the pedias and SnowyNix is doing the map. I've done all the pedias and the map for the Taino but I need art for them too and some Lua which I'm incapable of doing. So basically, Northern Ireland will be my next release. I'll also be including it in the Our World collection since it fits the modern theme.

Well that is a surprise, I wasn't aware that NI was so close to completion - I'll get my arse in gear and finish up at least the pedias for the civ and uniques by today. Brooke might take a little longer seeing as I tend to make things too detailed or whatever. Would be funny if NI ended up being Our World's first civ - even if only by a technicality.

Looking forward to Navarre in particular, among your future Civs. If you need me to write any more pedias, I can always give it another shot.

Yay! A new civ! Does it have support? Didn't realize myou were doing Iraq...
(Sorry, had a bug)

Yay! A new civ! Does it have support? Didn't realize myou were doing Iraq...
(Sorry, had a bug)

If your bug was text errors appearing I fixed that last night.

EDIT: I just updated Iraq. The first half of the UA has been nerfed to "+1 Food and +1 Faith for every 2 river tiles adjacent to a city." Support for P&P, Cultural Diversity, and Civ 4 Traits has also been added.

EDIT EDIT: OP has been updated with my crappy art. Hooray!

EDIT: I just updated Iraq. The first half of the UA has been nerfed to "+1 Food and +1 Faith for every 2 river tiles adjacent to a city." Support for P&P, Cultural Diversity, and Civ 4 Traits has also been added.

My bug was text errors in my post... Anyway I believe I'll wait for E&D support.

I don't think House of Wisdom is a good name for the UB. The House of Wisdom was a large and very famous Abbasid library.

Congrats on the release! :goodjob:

Thanks. And yeah I know, but it was in Baghdad and it was more than just a library. It was the largest intellectual center of the Abbasid Empire and was filled with Islamic scholars from all over the Caliphate. They made many important discoveries in astronomy, chemistry, medicine, trigonometry, algebra (which comes from Arabic), and other fields. An observatory was also added by Harun al-Rashid's successor. So maybe it's not the most appropriate name, but it's what fit best with the effect.

My bug was text errors in my post... Anyway I believe I'll wait for E&D support.

E&D support might take some time. If you have any ideas for events and/or decisions let me know.

Not that terrible, Anyway are there any civ designs can help you with? :p

Thanks. And yeah I know, but it was in Baghdad and it was more than just a library. It was the largest intellectual center of the Abbasid Empire and was filled with Islamic scholars from all over the Caliphate. They made many important discoveries in astronomy, chemistry, medicine, trigonometry, algebra (which comes from Arabic), and other fields. An observatory was also added by Harun al-Rashid's successor. So maybe it's not the most appropriate name, but it's what fit best with the effect.

Hehe, I know about all that, I jut simplified it to a library because... well, I didn't see any reason to say any more. I do believe there are better possible names - I don't know, maybe an Arabic word?

Top Bottom