Senshi's Civs

Congrats! I have some ideas for Evenk civ, but I'm not really capable at modding more than one civ at a time :(.

UA: ????
Deer within your territory turn into Reindeer resources, which yield an additional +1 culture :c5culture:. +1 food :c5food: from all animal resources on forest tiles.

UU: Steel Archer (needs better name) (crossbowman)
Does not obsolete, but is slightly weaker (16:c5strength: vs. 18:c5strength:) and cheaper (100:c5production: vs. 120:c5prodcution:). Starts with Woodsman, and when starting its turn on a forest tile gets +1 movement :c5move:.

For a third unique, there could be a settler that gains bonuses from reindeer.

I think one of the hardest things with this will be differentiating the Evenks and Nenets; to do that I'd like to focus slightly less on Deer with both, probably the Evenks more because the Nenets were SUPER reindeery. I think TPangs is actually interested in formulating a design as well ;)

In other news...

I think the first one is illegal in most jurisdictions.

Gotta add ldvhl to my sick list, then. Right under TPangs.

#1 is Evenks, #2 is Nenets, and #3 is Samoa.

That could be interesting, given him, his father and his grandfather were all American-Samoan wrestlers and are really damn close to another family of American-Samoan wrestlers.

That's a decision right there, Promote the Wrestling Industry ;)

Clearly The Rock should be a Great Artist that generates the Unique Artifact of 'The People's Elbow'

That or make him a Great Writer utilising quotes from interviews/films or The Rock Says :p

Clearly The Rock should be a Great Artist that generates the Unique Artifact of 'The People's Elbow'

That or make him a Great Writer utilising quotes from interviews/films or The Rock Says :p

Unique great artists for each of the Anoa'i family wrestlers, including The Rock who creates an empire wide We Love The King Day when born. :thumbsup:

Note to self: Don't get people's wrestling hopes up

Given the surprisingly high number of Samoans in wrestling, it actually is a pretty viable decision.

Given the surprisingly high number of Samoans in wrestling, it actually is a pretty viable decision.

I was gonna centre the design around pre-colonial Samoa, but I guess one decision can't hurt...

Though I'm 90% sure that I was joking about my hopes for The Rock, I do feel that a more general 'Great Athlete' UGP would be cool idea for certain civs. I know Our World had something like that planned for East Germany but it was dropped - hopefully there could be a less controversial use for it :p

Regardless, getting wildly off-topic here. The icons for the upcoming civs look great, I'll be really interested to see what you end up using as an Evenk design when the time comes for that.

EDIT: You could always reference Wrestling in the UCI text if you really wanted to squeeze in a reference whilst keeping the design pre-colonial.

Whipped up some Enlightenment Era support for Seonjo. Though I don't know if the Turtle Ship will function exactly as intended with this code since I'm no modder.

Code:
UPDATE Unit_ClassUpgrades
SET UnitClassType = 'UNITCLASS_EE_FIELD_GUN'
WHERE UnitType = 'UNIT_SENSHI_CHONGTONG'
AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM Technologies WHERE Type = 'TECH_EE_FORTIFICATION');

UPDATE Unit_ClassUpgrades
SET UnitClassType = 'UNITCLASS_EE_GALLEON'
WHERE UnitType = 'UNIT_SENSHI_TURTLESHIP'
AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM Technologies WHERE Type = 'TECH_EE_EXPLORATION');

UPDATE Units
SET Combat = 42, Cost = 165
WHERE Type = 'UNIT_SENSHI_TURTLESHIP';