Senshi's Civs

I was looking through Seonjo's patch notes and noticed that a patched was pushed a while ago with the aim of fixing the decisions - has anyone tested this to see if it is in fact the case? I was a little taken aback as I hadn't really seen anything about such an update.

I was looking through Seonjo's patch notes and noticed that a patched was pushed a while ago with the aim of fixing the decisions - has anyone tested this to see if it is in fact the case? I was a little taken aback as I hadn't really seen anything about such an update.

I'm not sure if it actually fixed the decisions, but it was definitely a step forward. I'm getting reports that a lot of the lua isn't working, but I have no way to fix it. If anyone with those mad lua skills could have a look in that'd be fantastic ;)

Because all the people are listing their plans now that civ 6 is announced and I'm a sheep super trendy, here are mine! They're definitely well thought out.
  • Complete the four civs you said you'd do (Samoa, Evenks, Nenets, Ming)
  • Do whatever while waiting for civ 6 (probably make lots of CL civs, maybe some more of your own should inspiration strike. You did promise TPangs you'd do that AI game, but CL has to stop releasing civ after civ first)
  • Get civ 6 (this is the hardest bit, because you don't have a job and all the Firaxis games tend to be pricey at launch.)
  • See if people get into civ 6. If so, follow them like the sheep you are
  • Figure out what civs haven't been taken (maybe someone doesn't want to port their civs over or their mechanics don't work? I guess some Firaxis ones from Civ 5 will be missing as well)
  • Wish you had enough sway in the modding community to have a chance of doing them :crazyeye:

• Wish you had enough sway in the modding community to have a chance of doing them :crazyeye:
Since when do you have to have sway in order to make the civs you want? :p

Then again, it's kinda easier when you're doing fictional ones like me, since they're less likely to be already done... :blush:

Since when do you have to have sway in order to make the civs you want? :p

Here's how I see it:

Imagine that Austria isn't in Civ 6. I'll be like "Well, Maria Theresa's pretty cool, I guess I'll do it"

Two days later JFD will release an Austria :p

Here's how I see it:

Imagine that Austria isn't in Civ 6. I'll be like "Well, Maria Theresa's pretty cool, I guess I'll do it"

Two days later JFD will release an Austria :p

Replace Austria with Khmer and JFD with Sukritact. That would be how I see it.

I'll stick to Srivijaya then...

So it's my birthday in precisely one week (in my time-zone, at least), and I'm definitely gonna try to get a civ out by then, if not before. Should require some pretty insane lua.

I don't expect you lot to get me a present, I certainly won't be giving you one because I have nothing to offer, but in a way this is a birthday present, it's just that the birthday boy is giving it ;) no it's not Lorraine

I hope I can get it out in time, and that you lot enjoy it!
also that it doesn't have like eight hundred bugs I need to patch

Samoa? Hopefully it is Samoa.

And I can code Samoa. *wink wink nudge nudge*

Code:
--------------------------------------------------------------
-- Variables
local promotionSogaImtiID = GameInfoTypes["PROMOTION_SENSHI_SOGA_IMTI"]
local promotionSogaImtiStrengthID = GameInfoTypes["PROMOTION_SENSHI_SOGA_IMTI_STRENGTH"]
local buildingFalaTeleID = GameInfoTypes["BUILDING_SENSHI_FALA_TELE"]
local buildingFalaTeleWaterConnectionID = GameInfoTypes["BUILDING_SENSHI_FALA_TELE_WATER_CONNECTION"]
local buildingFalaTeleFoodID = GameInfoTypes["BUILDING_SENSHI_FALA_TELE_FOOD"]
-- GPuz_Samoa_Saga_imti
function GPuz_Samoa_Saga_imti(playerID, unitID)
	local player = Players[playerID]
	if player:IsAlive() then
		if unit:IsHasPromotion(promotionSogaImtiID) then
			local plot = unit:GetPlot()
			if plot:IsFreshWater() then
				unit:SetHasPromotion(promotionSogaImtiStrengthID, true)
			elseif unit:IsHasPromotion(promotionSogaImtiStrengthID) then
				unit:SetHasPromotion(promotionSogaImtiStrengthID, false)
			end
		end
	end
end

GameEvents.UnitSetXY.Add(GPuz_Samoa_Saga_imti)
-- GPuz_Samoa_Fala_Tele
function GPuz_Samoa_Fala_Tele(playerID)
	local player = Players[playerID]
	for city in player:Cities() do
		if city:IsHasBuilding() then
			if not player:IsCapitalConnectedToCity(city) then
				if city:IsHasBuilding(buildingFalaTeleWaterConnectionID) then
					city:SetNumRealBuilding(buildingFalaTeleFoodID, 0)
				else
					city:SetNumRealBuilding(buildingFalaTeleWaterConnectionID, 1)
				end
			elseif not player:IsHasBuilding(buildingFalaTeleWaterConnectionID) then
				city:SetNumRealBuilding(buildingFalaTeleFoodID, 1)
			elseif city:IsHasBuilding(buildingFalaTeleFoodID) then
			end
		end
	end
end

GameEvents.PlayerDoTurn.Add(GPuz_Samoa_Fala_Tele)

Behold, Samoa! The Fala Tele was extremely complicated to create, actually.

But I already had someone working on it... And I'm not sure if the code for the Fale Tele there does exactly what I wanted it to do...

Does the UB still need art? It wasn't that hard to find good source images, as they still exist today.

I think it does, yeah. I found it pretty hard to find a good image of the nice-looking thatched ones though, but if you have then that'd be much appreciated ;)

Would you prefer one that looks old or modern? I was thinking of using one of these two images.
Spoiler :

Although this would work as well if I edited the part under construction to look finished and adjusted the colors.
Spoiler :

I actually really like that first image there, with the thatched one in the forest ;)

So Fire Emblem Fates just dropped in Australia, which means I now have a -20% Production modifier. Still, Samoa is going smoothly and looks set for a Monday or Tuesday release!

TPangs has done a fantastic leaderscreen, which I will now spoil a tiny bit of:

also because CL needs more female leaders I might be doing a collab with myself

After Samoa's done, I'll probably start working on the Manchu civ I've been discussing in the design thread. I would work on the Evenks or Nenets, but they're stuck in design limbo because I can't think of anything good for them and I haven't gotten any suggestions.

Top Bottom