Senshi's Civs

Finally a coming Manchu civ! :D I guess you know that there is already a Firaxis made Manchu map? :)

Spoiler :

If someone don't know that this map exists. :p

I suppose someone has already done the Fale Tele icon, then?
I would work on the Evenks or Nenets, but they're stuck in design limbo because I can't think of anything good for them and I haven't gotten any suggestions.
Uh... reindeers!
That's all I've got really.

The Manchu also sort of fit into the Imjin War civilizations theme thing you've got going on, after all the Koreans were also fighting the Jurchens not long before that.

I've been waiting for the Manchu a long time, I could help with lightweight lua or art.

I've been waiting for the Manchu a long time, I could help with lightweight lua or art.

That'd be absolutely fantastic, thanks!

This is what I have for the design:
The Manchu
Leader: Nurhaci
Capital: Mukden?
Start Bias: Plains
Cul Div: Steppe
Civ IV Traits: Aggressive/Imperialistic
Religion: Tengriism or Samanism?

UA: Eight Banners
Units are randomly assigned one of eight Banners upon their construction. Units receive additional Combat Strength and Movement when adjacent to a unit of the same Banner.

UU: Green Standard
Unlike the Musketman, which it replaces, the Green Standard is cheaper to construct in cities with a Courthouse. In addition, it has a chance of converting enemy units it defeats, which gain the same Banner as them.

UU: Banner Cavalry
Slightly cheaper than the Lancer, which it replaces, the Banner Cavalry is a ranged unit with the ability to Indirect Fire. In addition, it may attack twice per turn when beginning adjacent to two or more units that share its Banner.

Ooh I can offer a couple of designs for the Evenks or Nenets, would it be too much to have both of the UA's be focussed on tundra/deer?

IIRC the Manchu called this kind of Cavalry unit the "Birding Cap" Cavalry, but I'll double check now...

IIRC the Manchu called this kind of Cavalry unit the "Birding Cap" Cavalry, but I'll double check now...
Birding Cap Cavalry is a terrible name though :p Bannerman is iconic and it'd be a shame to not see that name used by a Manchu or Qing civ.

Any chance to call the unit Bannerman instead?

Oh man, that looks great! Thanks ;)

Yeah, I think 'Bannerman' is the better name as well.

Ooh I can offer a couple of designs for the Evenks or Nenets, would it be too much to have both of the UA's be focussed on tundra/deer?

Not at all, as long as the two designs are distinct. I did find uniques for them (not designs, but actual uniques) though, and I think the Evenks lived mainly in the taiga rather than the tundra.

hows this for reindeer overload?

The Nenets
Leader: Vavlyo
UA: Survivors of the Great North Sea
Settling cities may convert nearby sources of deer or resourceless tundra tiles into reindeer, which may spread to adjacent tundra or snow tiles over time. Improvements are constructed faster on tundra tiles.

UI: Mya (Unlocked at Trapping)
The Mya yields +1 :c5food: food and +1 :c5culture: culture, increased to +2 :c5food: food at civil service. If constructed on a source of reindeer, yields an additional +1 :c5culture: culture and +1 :c5production: production, but prevents that reindeer from expanding to nearby tiles. May be constructed on any resourceless tundra, or snow tile or on sources of reindeer, but not adjacent to another Mya.

UU: Samoyed Sled (Replaces Horseman)
The Samoyed Sled is :c5strength: weaker than the horseman it replaces and does not require horses but available earlier, at animal husbandry. Aditionally, the Samoyed Sled does not receive :c5moves: movement speed penalties in tundra and receives +2 :c5moves: movement when starting adjacent to a source of reindeer.

Reindeer yield +2 :c5food: food and +1 :c5faith: faith.

Also while I'm on a siberian kick:

actually feel like im getting better at this, maybe one day I'll be able to do icons that don't suck too

The not-so-green green standard:

Lovely, as always ;)

hows this for reindeer overload?

Reindeer yield +2 :c5food: food and +1 :c5faith: faith.

There are definitely some good things here, but at the same time there are some things I need to change. The deer-into-reindeer thing is something I generally want to avoid, because MayorS beat me to it :p

Personally, I was thinking Sambadabts (Nenetsi shamanic songs) could be a good base for a UA.

Also while I'm on a siberian kick:

actually feel like im getting better at this, maybe one day I'll be able to do icons that don't suck too

That's an excellent map, dude! I'd be glad to use it ;)

I really liked Scott's design so I just made some slight edits to it to fit the shamanic songs stuff:

UA: Survivors of the Great North Sea: Cities settled on Snow or Tundra tiles have 2 Music slots and Great Works of Music produce +2 Faith and +2 Food. Sources of Deer may spread to adjacent Snow or Tundra tiles over time.

UI: Mya (Unlocked at Trapping): The Mya yields +1 Food, +1 Culture, and +1 Great Musician Points, increased to +2 Food and +2 Great Musician points at civil service. If constructed on a source of deer, yields an additional +1 culture, +1 production, and +1 Great Musician points, but will prevent the deer from expanding. May be constructed on any resourceless tundra, or snow tile or on sources of deer, but not adjacent to another Mya.

UU: Samoyed Sled (Replaces Horseman): The Samoyed Sled is weaker than the horseman it replaces and does not require horses but available earlier, at animal husbandry. Additionally, the Samoyed Sled does not receive movement speed penalties in tundra and receives +2 movement when starting adjacent to a source of deer.

An issue I have is that it sounds really, really similar to the Dene in flavour, sort of a mix between the Sioux & the Dene.

Top Bottom