Inca - Manco Capac

Bear in mind that all civ leaders have that starburst behind, it's not just Manco Capac who's gonna have "a rave".

opposite (red+green) multicolor starburst? never noticed, will look closer next time

I think it would look good with a "sunlight" yellow background and burst

managed to get some icons ingame but they are all offcenter in many places, too bad the templates dont have actual ingame frames to know how it will look, even got to fix one after a lot of work, but it just went offcenter on another page that was working before (which means the devs do not use the same guidelines for all icon displays or I screwed something)

just saw the leader list and the spotlights are always meant to be white light (with certain opacity, letting the bg color show through, colorizing the light), even morocco, even if the lights had a tint it is not that strong, so basically you do a regular icon, then add white spotlights and play with the opacity. The top left shade is always black with certain opacity as well, overlayed on top of the icon. I used to think it was a contrasting solid color, but it is just a shadow.

I think I have centered the colored civ icon so it always looks okay but the alpha icon is still a mess centering wise: If you check the small icon is centered and to the left on one picture (off-focus area right) and to the right in the other, which means even if I resized it it would still be off center :/ ... unless... one control has is left aligned and the other right aligned then maybe I just need to increase the size of the icon by a pixel, ill try that tomorrow..., but I think its always aligned top-right.

Attachments

• capac.jpg
    capac.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 214
  • capac2.jpg
    capac2.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 233
just saw the leader list and the spotlights are always meant to be white light (with certain opacity, letting the bg color show through, colorizing the light), even morocco, even if the lights had a tint it is not that strong, so basically you do a regular icon, then add white spotlights and play with the opacity. The top left shade is always black with certain opacity as well, overlayed on top of the icon. I used to think it was a contrasting solid color, but it is just a shadow.

I think I have centered the colored civ icon so it always looks okay but the alpha icon is still a mess centering wise: If you check the small icon is centered and to the left on one picture (off-focus area right) and to the right in the other, which means even if I resized it it would still be off center :/ ... unless... one control has is left aligned and the other right aligned then maybe I just need to increase the size of the icon by a pixel, ill try that tomorrow..., but I think its always aligned top-right.

Well I made 3 attempts and I'm unmotivated to do anymore right now. On the civ icon, You're not meant to use the Alpha to center the Icon. Those "Coloured" Icon will always be slightly offcenter if your alpha is centered (Firaxis' fault not yours). I generally line my alpha up with the City Name Plate symbol. Since it's the use of the Alpha people will see most often (Unless playing them their selves).

Well I made 3 attempts and I'm unmotivated to do anymore right now

I still like your first icon the best, but I think they are all good. Perhaps the lighting isn't quite the same as that of the vannila game leader icons, but it still, at least in my opinion, fits in well with the vanilla icons. It has a similar design to your other leader icons, such as you Jinheung leader icon, which is one which I think looks particularly good. No one before has had problems with your leader icons, so I doubt that players would especially notice any differences in light coloring.

Obviously this is just my opinion though.

I still like your first icon the best, but I think they are all good. Perhaps the lighting isn't quite the same as that of the vannila game leader icons, but it still, at least in my opinion, fits in well with the vanilla icons. It has a similar design to your other leader icons, such as you Jinheung leader icon, which is one which I think looks particularly good. No one before has had problems with your leader icons, so I doubt that players would especially notice any differences in light coloring.

Obviously this is just my opinion though.

I'm aware everything is all personal opinion I'm fine with what I did but it's the mod maker that gets final say and has the right to their own opinions, I have no problems with this.

Just to clarify because I sounded pretty rude/angry/irritated in that last post. I'm none of the above and would like to apologize if I've came off like that. I've just had really weird/unsteady motivation to work on stuff civilization wise lately.

I usually dont care because Im guilty too :p I did see them, I commented I wanted to see one with just yellowish background (instead of lightblue), I'll do it eventually dont worry, I'll have the alpha icons done first before I forget what I'm doing. Need a religion icon still, would a sun work or be one too many suns? the civ icon is already a sun...

I'm aware everything is all personal opinion I'm fine with what I did but it's the mod maker that gets final say and has the right to their own opinions, I have no problems with this.

Just to clarify because I sounded pretty rude/angry/irritated in that last post. I'm none of the above and would like to apologize if I've came off like that. I've just had really weird/unsteady motivation to work on stuff civilization wise lately.

Yes, obviously gia does not have to use your icon if he doesn't want. I was not saying he needed to, just giving another perspective on the matter in terms of the appearance/appropriateness of the icons.

As for you coming across as angry, I doubt anyone felt it came across that way; no one is going to expect you to give up your time to do art for their mods seeing as you are volunteering.

I usually dont care because Im guilty too :p I did see them, I commented I wanted to see one with just yellowish background (instead of lightblue), I'll do it eventually dont worry, I'll have the alpha icons done first before I forget what I'm doing. Need a religion icon still, would a sun work or be one too many suns? the civ icon is already a sun...

Historical Religions already has Intiism as a religion, you should just recommend that people use it alongside the mod or get stuck with a non-fitting vanilla religion.

I thought the civ icon was that face pattern?

Historical Religions already has Intiism as a religion, you should just recommend that people use it alongside the mod or get stuck with a non-fitting vanilla religion.

I'd second that idea. Would save you a lot of time.

Intiism? that sounds silly lol, I'll check it anyway. Actually I probably can change the name with a trigger so that sounds good.

The "face" is Inti, the sun, it's a sun with a face.

I've been busy very busy till not long ago, and since then I have not been particularly motivated. Anyway, I felt in the mood for doing something like this, and I don't know whether or not you already have a map you are happy with or what, but I had a go at making a map for the mod. It is very much a work in progress; I plan on adding something to the borders of the map, and should probably add a mention of the migration supposedly taking place in the 13th century. What do you think?

One other thing that needs changing on this map is adding more geographical labels, e.g. the Andes and the pacific.

Maybe add some borders of other cultures that existed at this time :)

Maybe add some borders of other cultures that existed at this time :)

To do that I'll need to find some other maps indicating the locations of other cultures that existed at this time. Thanks for the idea, I'll have a look.

Top Bottom