How did you beat the AI on Deity?

I did not beat the AI on deity my first try, When I did it was with the Aztecs, I got a tech victory, What I did was just make crap load of island cities giving me around 200 science around year 0, also in the beginning the Japanese were way ahead in technology, but they were on a peninsula which had a choke point, so they never declared war on me and had only Kyoto to their name. Most of the game I was at war with the Russians, it was hard especially because my tanks with 50 attack lost to their rifleman with 37.5 defense >.<. and in the beginning my archers with 21 defense lost to their knights with 17 attack >.<. It was kind of a key city too, but in the end I prevailed and took about 5 of their cities before they declared peace.

Edit: Also I got a great scientist around midgame, I just had him wait and wait and wait, until I got to space flight which woulda taken me 10 turns, and I used his superpower :p.

I lost 3 times on normal 'single player' Diety before I tried Deity in the Beta Centuri scenario. I was the greeks and dominated the game (I had 3X leads in all victory condition categories before I closed out a cultural victory). My strategy, which seemed to make the difference, was not destroying any barbarian villages. With one infantry in each city, I was able to defend against weak barbarian mauraders. The barbarian cities on my borders acted as a buffer against other civs...I didn't meet the 1st opposing civ until like 1,500 AD and hence had no reason to build military units beyond one per city to that point. By 1,500 AD, my cities were all cranking production, cuture and gold. I had about 4 cities that would build at least 4 infantry units per turn, so I became unstoppable. I dominated more than any game I played previously, even on King difficulty. Now I just have to figure out how to win a tech victory on Diety, since I can't use that same strategy.

With the Beta Centari scenario all you have to do is out-produce the AI and then overwhelm their capitals.

Worst thing you can do is fall behind in techs. One game the Zulus took my capital with pikemen and a cruiser and the English won a space victory while I was still in the medevial era :confused:

I beat the crap out of it on iPad version of civ revolution on the "Truce forever" scenario with the ZULU. Basically I just did a B-line to banking. Somewhat redundant in hindsight because economic milestones gives you currency and banking so I think if I just saved the cash it may have been faster.

Then I just bought markets and banks everywhere. Then I went for the Bline to university tech. From there it was all about scientific development and compound interest and using that cash to up my production and growth and culture everywhere. I probably could have expanded with settlers more aggressively as I was quite passive about expanding partly because I hardly had any troops to defend for quite some time until I could go with Rifles.

They all beat me by a few turns to modern era, but soon all the cash and spending on upgrades paid off and I caught up. Not sure if I would have managed to win in time or not if I hadn't invadded.

My tech at some point shifted to trying to get artillery as quick as possible.
As soon as the Mongols started building parts for space race victory I felt I had no choice but to attack basically everyone. Although I probably could have beat them to economic victory. Because of the nature of the scenario I actually was able to take every city from every AI and then had no competition at that point, so I could choose my victory.

With the Beta Centari scenario all you have to do is out-produce the AI and then overwhelm their capitals.

Worst thing you can do is fall behind in techs. One game the Zulus took my capital with pikemen and a cruiser and the English won a space victory while I was still in the medevial era :confused:

Yeah all about production there as the tech is already there for everyone. Lincoln or Genghis Kahn works well. With Genghis Kahn just find the mountains (2x production) and take barbarians as their village joins. Then get Iron Mine and Factory and such.
Lincoln has 3x production with factory so that boost helps.

I just smashed diety. This is not easy. Set up Duel, pangea, quick, barbarians on overload, maxed out the city states. I was Alexander. Built warriors. Kept building warriors. Sent them exploring and grabbing goody huts. Researched straight for horseback riding. Built horsemen. Once I found the opponent I kamakazied some warriors with the objective of stealing opposition workers. War is declared and round one sees 2 captured units, leaving him none. That seriously set back the AI. Killed some defending units with the sacrificial warriors. Gathered my remaining warriors and sent them to a staging point near the enemy. In come the horseman. 3 warriors and 4 horseman go up against spearmen, archers, and catapults. I took their capital on the 3rd round of the assault with what was left of my last unit. Capital conquered = Domination victory. I got the Alexander special in this game. The glory of it. Victory or death!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you posted in the wrong forum.

Top Bottom