Greater Europe - People of the Old World

He's a king, just doesn't look much like one. :p

@Hoop_Thrower - if you can find some, please do. That would save me AGES. :D

At the moment, I'm finishing off Hypereon's Italy civ (as well as everything else, this just happens to be more complete). However, I have a slight (i.e. major) problem - one of the UUs. It was planned to be a Garibaldino (or something in a similar vein, basically a Risorgimento general), but I am having immense difficulty finding a list of names for the generals. I don't suppose anyone could find 18 or more names for the generals (which seems to be roughly how many are needed per civ)?

What I also need to address is what the unit should be like. I'm not sure if it should be purely militaristic (though I'd prefer to keep it as a Great General replacement, for design reasons) so that it can incorporate people like Giuseppe Mazzini (who, while a soldier, doesn't appear to have done much militarily), or should it remain strictly militaristic? Thanks for any help!

Garibaldino? Shouldn't it be called something like Redshirt or Carboneri or something like that?

Seems like all iterations of Italy will have two unique units, goddamn warmongering nation! :lol:

Yeah, a wonder. It's meant to be for historical flavour, as well as a bit of fun. The Garibaldino (now renamed Carboneri) is able to take over City States, though Lua is needed so there is no monetary requirement. It would be cool if the Carboneri was generated as a result of Culture, but that's just wishful thinking.

Yeah, could you increase the generation of GG points depending on the amount of culture per turn, or the amount of culture in the bank. It would be hard to scale though, would probably need to adjust it every era.

Yeah total culture will be more reliable considering it means you will get GGP from killing barbs with Honour and such.

Good point, though then you'd generate more Great Generals the closer you got to taking a policy, and much lower generation after taking one, which could be an interesting feature or an annoying problem depending on which way you look at it.

It'd be interesting if you could spend a lot of culture to receive a GG, say, once an era.

Hype!

Here are the names of the officials of the Mille expedition (taken from http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Mille)
Spoiler :

Giuseppe Garibaldi
Gerolamo "Nino" Bixio
Vincenzo Giordano Orsini
Francesco Crispi
Giovan Battista Basso
Giuseppe Sirtori
Giorgio Manin
Salvatore Calvino
Achille Majocchi
Giacomo Griziotti
Bocchette
Giacinto Bruzzesi
Stefano Turr
Guglielmo Cenni
Francesco Montanari
Giuseppe Bandi
Pietro Stagnetti
Giovanni Acerbi
Paolo Bovi
Francesco Maestri
Carlo Rodi
Pietro Antonio Ripari
Francesco Stocco
Giuseppe La Masa
Francesco Anfossi
Giacinto Carini
Benedetto Angelo Francesco Cairoli
Antonio Mosto

How's Great Moravia coming along?
And while I'm here, might as well ask, do you have any intentions to actually make Rise of Empires a thing?

Great Moravia is progressing - though like everything else, it lacks art and Lua. Jan kindly said he's cover the art (again, thank you!), and I guess I can poke JFD (or someone) for a bit until I get Lua. :p As for the expansion, that is something I mean to return to, though there's a lot of compelling projects I want to finish first. In fact, here's something of a checklist:

-Spain Split is well underway, icons done and code started. Planning is also nearing completion.
-Great Moravia has a plan, though it lacks the Lua necessary and most of the art (though I think Jan intends to redo all of it, which isn't a bad thing :)).
-Italy will be done soon - all art is there, but it needs a TON of Lua.
-Secret Project #2354654 is also coming soon. I won't say any more, though it'll likely be a flash release with no other hints.

Dal Riata aye? excellent! Needs more Dark Age British Factions! Currach replacing the Tireme, you modelling the currach on St Brendan's?

Shame we couldn't make a unique work of writing that represented the Book of Kells that came with the first monastery or First Prophet.

anyway great work can't wait for release

Niklot - The Slavs
Download | Subscribe

UU: Voi
Replaces Pikeman. Slightly weaker than normal Pikeman. Has a small Combat Bonus against cities, but gives a larger one to nearby units also sieging the city. Double plunder upon city capture.

UB: Opole
Replaces Courthouse, cheaper to build and may be built anywhere. +5 city combat strength. Grants a World Congress delegate when built in conquered cities.

Credits:
Code (including Lua, to some extent): Viregel
Art (including Voi reskin): Janboruta
Original Unit Model: Levy, by Danrell
Peace Theme: Krzesimir Debski, "Gusla"
War Theme: Krzesimir Debski, "Atak Kmieci"

Has built-in compatibility with Tomatekh's Historical Religons; YnAEMP to come.

Top Bottom