LOTR Mod Downloads and Discussion thread

It's been a while and this is from memory so might not be 100% right. After you D/L it you will have to unzip it in to the Mod sub directory in the Civ V diectory. After that when you start the game click on "Mods" then in the next window click on "Accept" then in the next window click on Which races in the Mods you wish to play with, then click on "Next" in the next window click on "Single Player", it will then change to "Setup" and "Load Game" if you got a saved game. Pick "Setup" since it's your first time playing with the Mods. In the next window, click on "Advance Setup" in the lower right of the screen, Here is where you will see the Mod races and can pick them and have then controlled by a human player or the AI, also you can pick the map, and any other Mods you wish to run with the game that you have picked in the 4th window earlyer on in this procedure.

I also like to play with the following Mods with the races, "End of Medieval Ere" so the game does not past that time period. Also there are 2 different Mods for Maps of Middle Earth.

I think so.

Is this mod still going though? It's been a while since the last update and I was just wondering if you were still working on it or not. I have ideas if it is but no modding experience whatsoever.

Here are my ideas anyway:

Mirkwood - Thranduil
All units get woodsmen and forests provide +1 production.
Sentinel (crossbowman) - +1 speed and sight.
Hunting Lodge (UI built on forests) - +1 food and adjacent enemy units take -5hp a turn.

Lorien - Galadriel
Enemy units pay double movement points in territory.
Marchwarden (swordsman) - +20% strength in friendly territory and doesn't need iron.
Sanctuary (UI) - +1 production and +1 culture/gold on forest.

High Elves - Elrond
Don't lose influence with allied city-states.
Bruinen Rider (horseman) - Amphibious and gain culture for killing enemy units.
White Pillar (monument) - +2 culture, 1 maintenance +1 sight from this cities borders.

Dale - Bard
+1 Gold on lake tiles, +1 gold for every 3 river tiles worked by a city.
Barding (Compoite Bowman) - +1 Range, gains double experience.
Lakeman (Scout) - No movement to embark/disembark and gains +2 strength for each era it is alive.

Eriador - Halbarad/Gandalf
+2 food in cities when not at war, +3 production in cities for each enemy.
Grey Company (Crossbowman) - Start with Woodsmen and bonus in own lands.
Waypost (UI) - Can only be builte on roads but provide +2 Gold and +1 Production.

Misty Mountains - Azog
Mountain tiles yield +2 gold and mines provide 5% strength bonus.
Hunter Orc (Longswordsman) - Ignores terrain cost, no movement to pillage, weaker, no iron.
Cave Troll (Knight) - No horses, much stronger but can't heal (so you can't make armies of them)

Harad - ?
+1 Faith for 4 desert tiles near a city, oasis provides +3 production, flood plains provide +1 gold.
Serpent Guard (Pikeman) - Spawn Great Generals quicker and start with shock 1.
Mumakil (Knight) - Require Ivory not Horses, more expensive and are terrifying (-25% in nearby enemy units)

Rhun - Ulfang
+2 Gold for trade routes, units have double movement in friendly territory.
Balchoth Tribesman (Composite Bowman) - -1 range but cheaper and 3 moves.
Easterling (Pikeman) - Start with charge and are stronger.

Dunland - Wulf
All units start with Rough I promotion and +1 food from unimproved hills.
Theign (Pikeman) - No cavalry bonus but get a bonus in friendly territory and gives the bonus of a Great General.
Raider (Knight) - Weaker but faster and gain triple money from pillaging. Move through hills faster.

Guys, it's a pity you stopped working on this. I could help. I have made and scenario with the help of your pics. Contact me if you want to continue with this karraskosa_hose@mail.ru

Well I think this thread is dead but the idea is not. Khose galkin (I think he used the name ispanets here) made The Lord of The Rings scenario which is a total conversion. I decided to create my own mod that stayed true to the game of civilization. It's called Middle Earth Civilizations. You can find both of them on steam workshop.

I just got the mod, and Im on civ v campaign edition (app store version) for mac. I was playing aragorn, and everything was working fine until turn 134 (quick speed) or when notre dame was built (by someone else)-game crashed

I'm new to modding. Is there any way someone could help me? I want to make my own civ mod, but am slightly confused.

Also, are updates still coming out? Or is the project scrapped altogether now?

Sorry if this has been discussed already. For whatever reason, I can't get this mod to start. It crashed after I select my civilization and click start game. I'm really excited to play this mod so any help is appreciated.

- Using OS X Yosemite
- I have Mongolia DLC and G&K and BNW
- I have enabled mods
- I get a huge error message after it crashes.
- I don't have any other mods enabled exapt the middle earth map pack
- This seems to be the only mod I have trouble with playing. All other mods I use seem to work as expected.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry if this has been discussed already. For whatever reason, I can't get this mod to start. It crashed after I select my civilization and click start game. I'm really excited to play this mod so any help is appreciated.

- Using OS X Yosemite
- I have Mongolia DLC and G&K and BNW
- I have enabled mods
- I get a huge error message after it crashes.
- I don't have any other mods enabled exapt the middle earth map pack
- This seems to be the only mod I have trouble with playing. All other mods I use seem to work as expected.

Thanks in advance.
This mod is no longer in development. There are two other Lord of the Rings mods that are currently though. Middle Earth Civilizations by me and The Lord the Rings by Khose Galkin. You can find them on steam workshop. Khose Galkin's mod doesn't work with a Mac though. You can find a link to my mod under this post.

Top Bottom