Two Player PBEM

Sir Elbridge

Chieftain
I like PBEM because it fits my schedule and my playing style.

But the games can lag. People often have good a proper reasons for not playing their turn. Job, school, travel, illness, love, whatever. Games involving several human players are the most difficult of all.

One suggestion would be to reduce the number of human players - just two humans with a random complement of AI players. These could be set at varying difficulty levels, and the humans would face each other as well as the other usual AI opposition. Perhaps the humans would cooperate with each other, perhaps not . . .

The turns would move more rapidly between two players than they do between six. So the games would move ahead, the Civs would develop, and some games would actually be played to a conclusion.

Anyone wanna try a two person PBEM game?

Mysterio10000 said:
I'd be willing to play it. What settings are you considering?

I have been a casual CIV player since Version 1. But I upgraded to CIV4 just a month ago. So I'm open to discuss the details.

In general, seems to me that a smaller map would better suit PBEM - not fewer civs, just less space - earlier contact, earlier direct competition.

What do you think of these settings:

Human Players: 2
AI Players: 4
Map: Continents
Size: Standard
Climate: Temperate
Sea Level: Medium
Era: Ancient
Speed: Quick
No Cheating: On

AI would get random civs, and I always choose random civ. Would you like a random civ, as well, or do you have one you'd prefer?

If these settings work for you, then send me a PM with your civ preference, in-game name, e-mail address, and smtp server (can't be web-based e-mail, like Hotmail), and I'll set up the game and fire off the first turn. Sound good? :)

I already play a very interesting 1 to 1 Civ4 game, but I could go for another one.
I prefere following settings :

Human Players: 2
AI Players: 4
Map: Continents/Pangeea ( balanced )
Size: Standard
Climate: Temperate
Sea Level: Medium
Era: Ancient
Speed: Normal
No Cheating: On
My civ/leader : Random. :)

If anyone interested ... please create the game and send to me : ionutz_mitiu@yahoo.com.

Regards all.

Sir Elbridge said:
==============

Sure - I'll play.

Any preference on settings or civs??

I'd like to play in normal speed. No preference on anything else :)
My civ would be the incas (Huayna Capac)

You'll start the game? My email is
nfreire
AT
gmail.com

Received your move Portuga and send the reply. :)

Regards

P.S. : I receive already two responses - and start 2 games - sorry, but for moment is enough for me.

Top Bottom