Seed Number

I don't know, I have it but I only used it to play in a world wide demo game and never check. Once the game end after about 18 months, it started as civ4, I never used it again. I did not care that much for IV.

I loaded and I do not see any place to do it, but I may have missed it.

18 monts is like a year and a half. i have never finished a game of civ3 before.

when i glanced at the civptw editor it said you could generate a map or enter seed.

I am sorry my second response was for BTS, some how I got cross up with another post. I don;t recall any seed in PTW thought.

I tried to run PTW from the start programs and it failed. I found my PTW Cd and it failed. It asked for C3C, so I put that in and start and it did not like it. I left it in and went back to start menu and it cameup. At no time did I get a chance to put in a seed.

The PTW editor is not part of C3C, so I cannot use it, but it may have had a seed function.

Edit:
I looked at the INI and it has a world seed, but I see nothing in the manual or the readme, so I say it does nothing. In C3C they added the world seed in the patch 1.20, so I doubt it was implemented in PTW. It was maybe in the code, so INI had a placeholder and well as the editor.

In Conquest you can select Play the last world. This takes you to a page to enter a world seed. The editor lets you enter a seed number as well anf generate a map. So maybe the PTW editor does as well, not sure how well it functions, if at all. I do not recall anyone using it in PTW.

Top Bottom