Raliuven SG3 AWE Persia

I think we might want to make an army with that leader, we'll need a pike/musket army to establish a beachhead on the other continent. That is, if we want to try the suicide galley approach to get over there. It would be the faster way than researching our way to Caravels, but risky too. Our empire is not well set-up for research, but is fine for mass galley production/rushing. We might also deliberately try to make contact for a science gambit if we are doing the research path. I vote the military path, as this is AW.

I am an admitted builder. Given our large available lands we could easily remain on par with the AI in research for the rest of the game and win by a space launch if we wanted to (my opinion).

I don't know that I want to remain isolated. I'm okay with the AI doing some heavy lifting while we build our gold. But at Emperor it could be a very long time before they get anywhere in the Middle Ages if they are relatively equal in power. I think we should make contanct with at least a 2nd civ ASAP.

I don't know how a ship chain would work crossing treacherous waters. I'm open to the idea, but it seems to be we would loss at least 33% of our men before they reached the battle? But we can't keep building military right now without using it - the costs are eventually going to kill us. :dunno:

The purpose of a ship chain here is to avoid losing troops. You lose boats, but not other units, because no other units sit in a ship that is at sea. Suppose we had a one-stop chain. Send 5 empty boats the first turn. Suppose 2 sink. Send 3 boats of troops and 2 empty boats the second turn. Move the troops to the surviving boats, and send the surviving boats across. The 5 empty boats sit in the ocean. Suppose 3 sink. Then next turn send only two boats of troops, plus some empty boats, so the troops can go all the way across. With more stops along the way, you just send troops equal to the capacity of the boats at the stop where the fewest boats survived.

I think we could win by space, 100k, or military. For space or military, I'm in favor of finding the Dutch and getting them down to one city and then finding the rest of the world. Then we can make contact with a single AI civ and decide if we are ready to use the GL. If not, we can wipe out the Dutch. (I'm pretty sure this will work, but I haven't tested it.) If the Dutch have education but the rest of the world is advanced, we'd not want to obsolete the library until we have at least two advanced contacts.

Good point. Not sure what I was thinking there. The major cost would be the number of boats we lose each turn. I kept thinking 'what if we lose the boat with the army on it'. :lol:

I was using the space launch to illustrate that teching against the AI shouldn't be a problem now that we own 3 civs worth of land. I envisioned a conquest or domination victory, but I'll go with whatever the group wants. AWE finishing as a space launch would be kind of funny, though. :crazyeye:

I'm fine with whatever victory you like, Raliuven. I've been assuming that domination or conquest was our goal, though.

Being AW, I think it would be much more fitting if we won by Domination or Conquest, preferably Conquest.

I am going to finish my turns up tonight. I will hold the leader for an army and start spamming tax farms and galleys to see if we can find a useable route to the other AI. :evil:

The sea squares to the north west look promising and from the location of the Dutch city I am guessing that is where they crossed? Perhaps if we are lucky we can find a few islands to hop across the pond.

**Update**

Okay, I found the other continent but nothing that is passable in any way (so far). I found the Greek and Arabia, but the galley sunk before contact was made. You can see them in the fog to the west of our capital using the small island as a hoping point. The AI is at least as far as Theo & Invention.

Spoiler :
Turn 180 (650 AD)

Shut down Pasargadae as a SF. Start and Aqua for growth.
Swap Arbela to a Aqua.
Do a little MM.
Rush 4 galleys for a total of 112gp.

IBT – zzzz

Turn 181 (660 AD)

Antioch: HE=>Marketplace
Oea: Galley=>Galley
Sidon: Galley=>Galley
Samaria: Immortals=>Immortals
Nora: Galley=>Galley
Borazjan: Galley=>Galley

IBT – Arabia builds the AoW.
Dutch are building Leos.
Dutch are building Sistines.

Turn 182 (670 AD)

Found Altin Tepe.

Send a Galley off the southern tip.

IBT – zzzz

Turn 183 (680 AD)

Oea riots. Give it taxmen.
Philadelphia: Settler=>Settler
Galley sinks.

Found Bunyan.
Found Charsadda.

Send Galley to the West.
Rush a Galley for 32gp.

IBT – zzz

Turn 184 (690 AD)

Dariush Kabir: Pike=>Immortals

Found Ura Tyube.
Rush a galley for 52gp.
Rush a settler for 44gp.

Do a round of MM.

IBT – zzz

Turn 185 (700 AD)

Zohak: Settler=>Settler
Miami: Worker=>Worker
Saldae: Galley=>Galley

Lose a galley in the west.
Rush a Galley for 16gp.

IBT – Korea finishes Leos.

Turn 186 (710 AD)

Aha! Found some Green (Greece) and Pink (Arab) borders. Unfortunately (fortunately?) they are right next to each other so I think we’ll be contacted by both next turn.

IBT – Ugh. Our ship sinks an there is no contact. :(

Turn 187 (720 AD)

Den Helder: Worker=>Galley
Samaria: Immortals=>Immortals

Send out three more sacrificial galleys.
Rush a settler for 44gp.
Rush a galley for 92gp.

IBT – lose a galley to a dutch galley but it is redlined.

Turn 188 (730 AD)

Utica: Settler=>Galley
Sabratha: Galley=>Galley
Tyre: Galley=>Galley
Nora: Galley=>Galley

Lose 1 galley in the east.

Swap Dariush Kabir to a CH

IBT – zzz

Turn 189 (740 AD)

Kandahar riots.
Rusicade riots. Dang. Sorry about that.
Sidon: Galley=Galley
Lose both western galleys. :mad:

Found New Persepolis
Found New Pasargadae

Roster
Raliuven (just played)
Elephantium (Playing)
CKS (on deck)
Toxicman007 (warming up)
TheOverseer714

creamcheese (missing in action?)
Aabraxan (on perma-skip until further notice)

Attachments

• RSG3 740AD.SAV
    213.3 KB · Views: 62
We could take the lighthouse city and then there would be no "sinking feelings". AW makes all those peaceful victories more difficult, especially as a Monarchy. Sounds like a challenging variant, call it "Warrior Kings in Space". But for this game, let's kill 'em all!

I don't know that we have a chance at the GLH now. The AI is probably close to it. I don't know what we do other than keep killing galleys. :sad:

750 AD - Galley off the east coast sinks.
Switch Ghulaman to FP and rush it with the Leader.
760 AD - Lose another couple of galleys
770 AD - zzz
780 AD - Complete the Statue of Zeus.
790 AD - Arabs complete Sistine.
800 AD - Dutch attack our Galley and fail.
810 AD - zzz
820 AD - zzz
830 AD - zzz
840 AD - Send a Settler across to the island with Charsadda.
850 AD - zzz

I've got it. It sounds like your turns were really exciting, Elephantium.

The dutch must have a sea lane somewhere in the north. Its just a matter of building up a strong enough fleet to scout the area without being banged up by our enemies.

We can always hope that the Dutch will sell our contact around. ;)

Building galleys, settlers, a few pikes. We may not need pikes, as the Dutch now have navigation.

IBT before 880 - lose 2 galleys at sea.
IBT before 900 - lose 2 galleys at sea.
IBT before 910 - Dutch start Bach's, we lose a galley at sea.
Lose a bunch more galleys.
IBT before 950 - Dutch finish Bach's, start Magellan's.

I haven't found any helpful signs of the AI.

I'll be out of town starting tomorrow until the 18th. I expect to have limited access to both the internet and the game, but I don't know how it will play out yet.

Attachments

• RSG3 950AD.SAV
    228.1 KB · Views: 153
:aargh: No AI. Go figure. Next time it will be a pan game for sure. :lol:

Roster
Raliuven (warming up)
Elephantium
CKS (just played)
Toxicman007 (Playing)
TheOverseer714 (on deck)

creamcheese (missing in action?)
Aabraxan (on perma-skip until further notice)

**Edit** I PM'd Toxicman007 on 3-11-12 to see if he can pick up the game.
**Edit** Toxicman007 sent me a 'got it' by PM.

Due to personal reasons, I won't have it ready until Sunday when I get back from a skiing trip.

Top Bottom