Colonialist Legacies: Histories of the New World | Colonial + Pre-Colonial civs

Aaaaaand I've edited it again. TPangolin, I've left it pretty much the same, just reconfigured the shadows, but it didn't really work around the Great Lakes for some reason, so you might want to take a look at that, because I don't have a clue what's going on. I've also put in Vancouver Island for the 759,366-or-so people who were offended. :p

PSD- Now Uber-Awesome.

That's a pdn file! Would you be able to save it as a PSD? (You can do so by installing the following plugin really quickly).

http://psdplugin.codeplex.com/

I know exactly what you mean, but Ii'm trying to distance myself from other mods out there. I'll certainly think about it!

Meanwhile, what do you think about the colour scheme?

This:

Spoiler :

Or this:

Spoiler :

Although this was page 1, only one person weighed their opinion in so I will now.

2 looks so much better than 1. I really like 2 because the maple leaf on the Canadian flag is red on white, and so is the second color scheme

I just hope the differentiation between the Huns and Japan can be seen properly on the map though.

That's a pdn file! Would you be able to save it as a PSD? (You can do so by installing the following plugin really quickly).

http://psdplugin.codeplex.com/

Damn. Sadly, I won't be able to get it until Tuesday, so can you hang on until then? You're probably quicker to make your own map, but if you can wait, I'll get it up then.

The digger art issue should be fixed in the next version. I still have to test it, but I found a mucho embarrassing problem and fixed it, I'm 99% certain that it works now.

I just have to upload it.

Coupla thoughts:
Right now I'm using the color scheme that is on the icon that TPangolin supplied me with -- which is very much like #1.

The download link is in my signature.

I'm having a bit of annoying trouble with my SetNumRealBuilding() and SetResource() commands in Lua. Driving me nuts.

Also, does anyone know how to code in a custom advisor help window? I'm thinking the way the Voyageurs work deserves some minor tutorial help.

Thanks for replying... I cannot wait for Canada...

Your work, guys, is AMAZING.

Thanks again.

Sorry for the wait, but I've finally got the map here.. I've messed around with it myself as well. :p

Attachments

• Canada1.jpg
    Canada1.jpg
    414.2 KB · Views: 221
Sweet! I can't wait to not get the red screen of annoying.

Sorry, had to take a week off. hopefully I can get the ball rolling regarding this whole shebang again! I'm playing around with creating a Canada Map.

Time to spruce up this thread a little bit! OP looks a bit more sleek, and I'll move on to doing Canada in a moment.

In the mean time.... what's this??? Another Colonial Civ is on the way???

Spoiler :

Time to spruce up this thread a little bit! OP looks a bit more sleek, and I'll move on to doing Canada in a moment.

In the mean time.... what's this??? Another Colonial Civ is on the way???

Spoiler :

Yes! I can't wait! I'd probably be more exited if I had a clue what it actually was! :lol:

Anyway, I'll take a guess; New Zealand? I can't tell of there's any symbol associated with it that looks like that, but there's another colonial civ for you.

Edit: OP looks awesome.
Another Edit: Searched for Colonies, got nothing useful back. Colonialists pls.

I bet you'll feel daft when you finally figure it out! In the mean time.... Here's another clue!!!

Spoiler :

Love your Australian civ, and am really glad you've also decided to do Mexico. (It is Mexico, isn't it?)

It's obviously Mexico and the icon is based on Coat of Arms from 1916 to 1934.
Spoiler :

The leader is Benito Juárez, notable for defeating Second Mexican Empire.
Spoiler :

That's right! I wanted to use the 1867 eagle, but it didn't look as good. The UA, UU and UB will be super interesting. This will be a Colonial Civ that tries to focus on Mexico in it's entirety.

Benito Juarez - Check
Mexican Resilence - Check
Muralism - Check
Presidios - Check
Tianguis - Check
Rurales - Check
Sombreros - Super Check

In that case, I've attempted the city list. Includes cities from First Mexican Empire.

Spoiler :

Mexico City
Guadalajara
León
Juarez
Tijuana
Zapopan
Durango
Monterrey
Chihuahua
Los Angeles
San Diego