RawSasquatch/Kramer's New Civilizations

Yep, that Southern plantation home is definitely along the lines of what I want in the Antebellum Manor's model/icon. Though as TPangolin said, it should look more like a conventional Improvement icon. Now onto today's business: guess who's next in line for a graphics update + compatibility update?

If you guessed good old Texas, you'd be right! Getting new icons for the civ (courtesy TPangolin), the Ranger (seen above, I just edited the Civil War cavalry icon), and the Ranch, courtesy of JFD/Janboruta. Will also probably update Houston's leader scene to make him look a bit less flat, and his background a bit more photo realistic. There will also be added compatibility with Map Labels, and MAYBE Events/Decisions, assuming I can get someone to help me come up with Texan decisions and someone to code them.

Additionally, get hype! Yucatan is coming in hot! All that needs to be done is Map Labels support, maybe some Decisions support, Strategic View icons, perhaps some collaboration with Patria Grande, and last-minute play testing.

Make sure there is no compatibility problems between Texas and Lincoln the Vampire Hunter.

Yucatan get Chichen itza for free? ;)

Yeah, Texas is getting a new icon, separate from Lincoln's plain star. (I really wanted to just make it more Lone-Starry, but it would've been too close to, if not identical to, Leugi's Chile.)

And no, I just gave Merida a huge population + Chichen Itza with IGE for the sake of setting up a promo screenshot. But perhaps a decision for Yucatan relating to tourism to Mayan archaeological sites would work out. (Upon discovering Archaeology, can "sacrifice" the bonuses of Chichen Itza/the Pyramids/Machu Picchu (any Native American or Pyramid-esque wonder, really) for a permanent boost of Tourism/Gold?) Any ideas for Texan/Yucatecan decisions would be amazing, assuming I can find someone to do the lua.

Nahh it was sarcasm considering Chichen Itza is located in Yucatan.

Wonder "sacrificing" sound kinda mah considering there is a resolution for what you are describing in the WC. (well not losing the the wonder's abilities but getting culture and tourism)

Leugi could definitely help you out both with art (but Regel does some crazy maps) and uniques.

Enact The Constitution of 1841
"If the Yucatecan people are to emerge as a true nation, then they must have a suitable Constitution; a Constitution that guarantees the right of every man to live in freedom and such prosperity as he can make for himself; a Constitution that befits the nobility of those who will be governed by its decree."
Costs: 2000 :c5gold: Gold
4 Magistrates
Requirements:-
Must have at least one Policy in Liberty and one Tenet in Freedom
Must have at least two Plantations in range of the :c5capital: Capital
May only be enacted one per game
Effects:-
Melee Land Units garrisoned in a City founded by Yucatan generate +1 additional :c5faith: Faith per Tenet in Freedom selected.
Melee Land Units garrisoned in a City founded by another Major Civilization or City-State generate +1 :c5culture: Culture per Policy in Liberty selected.
Land Unit maintenance is doubled.

Land unit maintenance doubled?! there goes my economy! +1 faith and culture for garrisons and losing around 200+ gpt isn't worth it.

Actually read the effects before you lay into it. Garrisoned Melee Land Units generate +1 Faith per Tenet selected in Freedom, and +1 Culture per Policy selected in Liberty. Since you require a Tenet in Freedom to get the Decision, that's generally going to be +5 Culture and +1 Faith per garrisoned Melee Land unit, possibly more depending on how early you can get it. You're right, the Maintenance doubling is probably a bit excessive, but I wanted it to have a down side because of how it turns your Cities into late-game Culture and Faith powerhouses. It also makes Liberty a bit more viable, since you won't be getting the ability to by GEs for Faith and all the free stuff that Tradition gives you. Maybe it should be "All Land Units require +1 Maintenance" or something.

'S'okay. Happens to the best of us. =]

Noticed Scotland is looking really quite bare in terms of ideas, but I like the general direction you state in the OP, I'm more than happy to help with ideas if you need it?

I was thinking -
UA: Scotland the Brave: "Cities conquered before the industrial era yield bonus tourism in the industrial era and later. Yields doubled if city was retaken"

Nope, sad to say I'm not involved with More Civs' Scotland. And given that it seems to have the attribute I desired most in a Scotland civ (Robert the Bruce as the leader), I'll probably end up not doing Scotland, either. The furthest in development I got was a very rough Leader Scene for Robert, though I presume More Civs and JFD both have a better one lined up.

On the bright side, this just gives me more time to work out a design for Kurdistan and finish up my other anticipated civs.

Nope, sad to say I'm not involved with More Civs' Scotland. And given that it seems to have the attribute I desired most in a Scotland civ (Robert the Bruce as the leader), I'll probably end up not doing Scotland, either. The furthest in development I got was a very rough Leader Scene for Robert, though I presume More Civs and JFD both have a better one lined up.

That's really good. Maybe More Civs would be interested in it.

Thank you based Assassins Creed wiki for all the 3D models you have provided us.

Those are all some valid points, but I can defend most of the current states of the design as well. One of the #1 reasons I didn't want to go with a Cavalry UU for the CSA was to distance the design a bit further from engarde's Confederacy mod, which has a Bushwhacker UU. And in a bit more of a vain sense, I really, really like the Civil War scenario's Confederate Rifleman models... And the Antebellum Manor's production bonus during war is for a few reasons: it adds a bit more flavor to an otherwise generic culture/gold focused UI (see: Chateau, Brazilwood Camp, Moai) and it encourages the CSA's player to warmonger even more than they usually would. And then there's Gone With the Wind references, but that's another story. (To give the CSA something other than cotton, slaves, and ignorance.)

Maybe just the name Sharpshooter doesn't appeal to me. Maybe Stonewall Brigade or Foot Cavalry? Either way, I am still looking forward to it!

Maybe just the name Sharpshooter doesn't appeal to me. Maybe Stonewall Brigade or Foot Cavalry? Either way, I am still looking forward to it!

I am way more hype for those latter options than for Sharpshooter.

Agreed, Stonewall Brigade is an awesome name for a unit.

I agree entirely, but Stonewall Jackon is represented through one of the UA's promotions from combat. Hell, I'd say Stonewall's promotion is probably the best one possible in the entire UA, with a double flanking bonus.

But I'm all for changing the name of the Rifleman UU to something more interesting than "Sharpshooter", though the inherent nature of a Sharpshooter is what the unit's bonuses are designed around: weaker melee strength with a ranged attack before combat + a defense bonus on Antebellum Manors. If anyone has any other name and/or bonus ideas for the UU, I'm keen to hear them.

Top Bottom