Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

About busy servers and other outages. We have this for it: http://www.civfanatics.net/

But the last post on it is from January and between January and now their have been a few down times. Is that site no longer used? has been forgotten by the mods or something?
It personally slipped my mind. I can't say about the admins. It could be that the forums were back online before the admins were aware it was down.

Are there any future server plans to improve the reliability so we don't see the "servers are busy" messages?
Nope, we're planning on keeping it like this just to annoy everyone.

Was there an announcement somewhere that I missed that the users currently active in a section are no longer listed?

CFC went down for ten minute during a time of expected busyness and my life was destroyed due to having nowhere else on the internet to go because of this you guys should expect to hear from lawyers regarding damages for my emotional distress. Are there any plans to alter cfc to combat this problem which will, in all likelyhood, ease off in a week and it'll be back to how it usually was?

Not an announcement per se, but TF did say in a thread here that he shut it off to reduce server load.

Pardon my ignorance, but would removing the similar threads feature also reduce the server load a bit?

I only ask because I'm not sure many people use it.

Are you moderators just being facetious? :hmm:

We have (unsurprisingly) a big influx of new people, particularly in the civ 5 forum. A few of them seem to be trolls. Are the mods the going to enforce the rules more strictly over there?

Of course. If you see a problematic post, report it.

But also please understand that the Civ5 forums are being flooded right now, and we only have so many moderators. Those that can are helping out there, but it's still quite a bit. So report it, ignore it, and we'll get to it.

IMO part of the problem is, that those few trolls are operating in the gray area between what is allowed and what is not allowed. Also, the more experienced cfc users know that the best way is to ignore the trolls but some newbie's seem to haven't figured that out yet and reply to them (which is exactly what trolls want.)

Maybe it's grey to you, but perhaps it's more black-and-white to someone else. So, when in doubt, report it. We do understand that what's horrible to one user may not be so to another. Often times it's the same way with mods. ;)

Yes, exactly this, please report them.
I have honestly to say, the only threads i read in general discussion are at the moment are the threads i move to somewhere else, because i'm nearly only busy with bug reports, technical problems and C&C, i haven't looked in anything else today.
If you don't report it, then the chance is at the moment extremly high that no mod will see it.

Perhaps you should harness the raw talent and drive of Mr K. Dragon and put him to work in the civ5 forums?

Top Bottom