NYURDRMS WARLORDS Pitboss Game

Sorry Fosse, I wasn't getting reminders for this BB for some reason. I have restarted the server as it stopped this morning. Hopefully that will fix the problem.

As for any changes, the only thing I did was change the hours being run when we shut down for Thanksgiving. I used that saveconvert. Is anybody else having the same problems as Fosse?

Fosse, let me know if you are still having the same issue when logging in today, since I have rebooted.

Well, the problem seems to be persisting. It seems to happen whenever I do something substantial, like switching a build order or sometimes sending a diplomatic message. It's very odd and extremely frustrating.

Check the files.

Around 20 turns ago I stated to get msgs about not having the same files as you and thought it was because I am using War 208.

Yes, this one is 2.08 and everyone should be using 2.08. So that wouldn't be the cause.

I'm assuming this is the only Warlords game you're having any trouble with Fosse? I'd almost suggest trying a re-install, but we all know how big a pain in the ass doing that is.

Well, I'm using 2.08, and yes it's the only game I've having difficulties with. If problems persist and it becomes unbearable I'll try a reinstall before I bow out, but we'll see what happens.

Is anybody else having the same problem. I have spoken to a couple of the players and it seems to be pretty isolated to Fosse.

Where are you located geographically, is it possible that it could be an internet problem?

I"m in Chicago. I'm not sure what the ramificatiosn of OOS are for Pitboss. I know it means the random seed is different, but I don't know what will happen if, for example, I wind up at war with somebody who isn't logged on. The last turn,, by the by, went without a problem.

Uploader to civstats is down. Game is still up and running. Just me and ptan have played our turns, 10 hrs left on clock.

It is back up at civstats again, sorry. Looks like I might need to reboot today sometime, I will try to do it right after the turn change today.

I"m in Chicago. I'm not sure what the ramificatiosn of OOS are for Pitboss. I know it means the random seed is different, but I don't know what will happen if, for example, I wind up at war with somebody who isn't logged on. The last turn,, by the by, went without a problem.

Not sure that I follow your question, but I think it is only fair if you have attacked to try to wait for the other player to have time to play thier turn before you play your second turn.

What does everybody else think?

I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about OOS errors. In lobby MP when you have those errors it means the random results are happening differently for one player than the rest. That means combat results will look different to some of us than others. If I can't get the problem resolved and I'm in a war I'll have to surrender my civ to somebody else.

Fosse, I have no idea what you are talking about? Is there someplace that explains these OOS errors? What does OOS stand for?

I see what you are talking about now, OOS- Out of Sync.

I see on the logs that a player has gone out of sync. It says to check the OOS values next to the score, but I see nothing that says that.

I wonder how this could have happened?

I will reset the server after this turn is done and see if that might fix things.

How did you know it was Out of Sync? Does it tell you that when you log in? The only way I could tell was from the server logs, but I don't believe you can see those, right?

Rebooted the server, let me know if you still notice the OOS and I will keep an eye on the log.

Hey everybody,

For those that were getting address reminders outside of civstats, that program isn't running anymore. I can't figure out what is wrong with it. For those that need to get turn reminders please make sure you have registered for the game at www.civstats.com

Let me know if you have any problems with civstats.

Sorry,
Chad

NYURDRMS, I might be forced to double turn you if you can't play in a few hours. I was able to wait for Flasch, but I'm going to lose my window if I don't go in about an hour or so.

It's rather delicate on our front at the moment, so I'd rather not have to DM... but I'd like to miss my turn altogether even less! ;)

Top Bottom