How culture x tourism works?

Canabrava

Prince

I have +1100 culture per turn and China AI has +600 tourism (will all %) and china is rising influence over me.

Why China 600 tourism is better than my 1100 culture every turn?

There is number of cities or something like that or another thing that changes the ratio?

I have +1100 culture per turn and China AI has +600 tourism (will all %) and china is rising influence over me.

There is number of cities or something like that or another thing that changes the ratio?

tourism is your offence---its like a sword
Culture is your defense---like a shield

you should see this in your "culture overview"

there is a list of all civ who are in your current game and there is a violet bar and white bar on each of them. like i said above tourism is your offence and Culture is defense.
Spoiler :

if you could see the white bar is my tourism and the violet bar is Polish Culture their defense against my tourism i already got 75% when i got 100% i would be influential on them,and if that would happen its like i conquered them culturally.

your main goal if you want to conquer a civ culturally or becoming influential to them is to create a large amount of tourism. And also culture so you would not be get conquered by other civs. The best way to create alsrge amount of Tourism while creating culture also is by digging most of Artifacts in the game.

Another; The civ who has the less culture per turn, the faster you will conquer them like Poland in my game(he got only 1 city in my game). but civs like Russia and Germany in my game who got large Culture per turn, it might take time before you became influential to them.

P.S.

about the Ratio,
If you are open border to that civ you will create +25% more tourism or Speed towards becoming influential
If you share the same religion to that civ you will create +25% more tourism or Speed towards becoming influential
If you share the same Ideology to that civ you will create +25% more tourism or Speed towards becoming influential
If you have diplomats to that civ you will create +25% more tourism or Speed towards becoming influential
If you have trade routes to that civ you will create +25% more tourism or Speed towards becoming influential

not sure about the 25%, if what that means, its either +25% more tourism or +25% faster towards becoming influential

Thanks!

But a few times i saw I with more culture than enemy tourismo output (with all bonus) and still losing. The AI was rising their influence over me. I don't know its is a bug, but if i have more culture per turn than a AI tourism output, AI influence over me shuld fall, in my case, still rising. I dont understand that.

Thanks!

But a few times i saw I with more culture than enemy tourismo output (with all bonus) and still losing. The AI was rising their influence over me. I don't know its is a bug, but if i have more culture per turn than a AI tourism output, AI influence over me shuld fall, in my case, still rising. I dont understand that.

maybe you could provide a Screen shot?? :)

I don't mean to be rude Knightmare you didn't really address what was raised in the OP.

I have the same confusion as you do, canabrava. As far as I understand, 'influential' occurs when your running total for tourism is equal to or above the enemy's running total of culture. So if the AI is producing more culture than you are tourism, including all modifiers, I don't understand either why the game says 'rising'. If you're producing more culture than China is tourism then influence should be decreasing. This sort of phenomenon seems to happen with me a lot too.

My guess is that the running total for culture is modified in some way so that it is significantly reduced. You can clearly see very large numbers when you mouse over the culture and tourism bars, but maybe the culture counter halves the true value of total culture. That, or something similar, could explain it.

its purely mathematical. Take this example.
Turn 200, you got 15000 culture. And china got 1500 tourism on you. Then the tourism vs culture is at 10% (1500 vs 15000).
You got 1000cpt and china got 600tpt plus 25% modifier (equals to 750tpt). Then by turn 201, you'll have 16000 culture and china got 2250 tourism on you. And the tourism vs culture at turns 201 will be around 14% (2250 vs 16000) which is rising 4% in one turn.
As long as no number is changed, the pressure would stop rising when china is reaching 75% influence (750tpt/1000cpt)

Are you sure it doesn't say "rising slowly"?

Because if you have
10,000* total culture (+1100 per turn)
and China has
1,000* total tourism v. you (+600 per turn)

Then they have 1,000/10,000=10% influence over you now
next turn they wil have
(1,000+600)=1,600; (10,000+1,100)=11,100; 1,600/11,100=14.4% influence over you

So their influence is increasing.. if that is happening, but they don't have more than you, then it should say "Rising slowly".. ie the % is going up, but will never reach 100%

*made up number for illustration purposes

Are you sure it doesn't say "rising slowly"?

Because if you have
10,000* total culture (+1100 per turn)
and China has
1,000* total tourism v. you (+600 per turn)

Then they have 1,000/10,000=10% influence over you now
next turn they wil have
(1,000+600)=1,600; (10,000+1,100)=11,100; 1,600/11,100=14.4% influence over you

So their influence is increasing.. if that is happening, but they don't have more than you, then it should say "Rising slowly".. ie the % is going up, but will never reach 100%

*made up number for illustration purposes

That makes a hell of alot more sense that what I was coming up with, nice breakdown, explains why I'm typically rising even if I'm not focusing on tourism.

I don't mean to be rude Knightmare you didn't really address what was raised in the OP.

Yeah, .I wouldn't really understand the questions unless I read them like 3 times :lol:. English is not really my mother tongue, sorry . :D

I think KrikkitTwo Explain it better. Well.

Top Bottom