How do you see what buffs an enemy unit has?

Jacozilla

Warlord
I can visually see the icon buffs the enemy unit has when I mouse over the unit, which is displayed in the opposing unit window pane that pops up next to your own unit pane.

But question - while some of the icons I know, some are generic like for attributes, for example the upward triangle. For my own units I can mouse over the icon in my unit pane.

But for enemy units, the pane is visible only as long as I keep the mouse over the enemy unit. Soon as I try to mouse over to read the icon buff the enemy unit has, the pane dissapears.

Reason this came up is I'm fighting France at the moment and encountered couple caravels which had some some of buff that allowed it to auto retreat multiple times when my own naval unit tried to melee attack it. I don't recall France having a UU or UA that has units normally with this retreat buff.

I was hoping to examine his unit and read what buff it had but found i couldn't.

Anyone know how to read icon buffs other than generic visual inspection?

And is there a natural wonder that gives units some sort of auto retreat buff?

All caravels have this ability (withdraw before melee, see civiliopedia ingame) - your own one as well :D

For generic icons like the buff triangle you have to know what a specific unit has as a special ability. I guess the most problematic is the kris swordsman as it can have various different promotions so you'd have to remember all of them once you looked them up/saw them while playing Indonesia yourself.

oh wow, all this time and mega hours playing and had no idea caravels had that buff by default.

never actually saw my own caravel retreat from melee attack, but then again I usually only ever build one to explore while I build up galleass / frigates as main navy.

it was pretty op for france, lucky roll of dice probably but damn near every time my caravel tried to attack, his retreated - multiple times on same turn.

Top Bottom