Why is AI so passive (non-aggressive) in that game?

TheJ0K3R

Warlord
I'm going to be crazy because of that issue. I started a game at a level of deity, and my neighbours have a very very large army when compared to mine and they still wait in their borders.I entered renaissance age and the world hasn't faced any war still.

The problem is that, they don't go into war between themselves either.What is wrong with this friendly diplomacy? The game is not entertaining without warmongers diplomacy.I want aggressive AI,warmongers even if i am death.

Anyone who is facing the same issue?

This issue has been brought up many times already.

First of all, not all games look like that. In my current game there hasn't been a single turn since classical era without at least two nations at war. In BNW, wars don't break out because it's possible, but because there is something valuable to gain. Peace, thanks to trade routes, is profitable. If a civ has some place to expand and there is still some land beyond their reach atm, they will most likely focus on peaceful development. Unless you come to odds with at least two neighbors. They will form a coalition and attack you if it happens.

There's also an issue with higher difficulties that causes militaristic civilizations to empty their coffers in early game. In my games, many civs are on permanent negative gpt until late medieval era. This is a strong limiting factor.

The biggest problem is an early wave of DoFs. If this happens, everyone gets a positive diplomatic modifier with everyone, hence creating a boring, peaceful utopia. This will end soon enough, though. Industrialism comes, there will most likely be civs that will both want to settle the only remaining plot, some other civ will be stealing artifacts, someone else is going to win favor with wrong city states and there's always this guy who begrudges you a wonder or two.

The moment ideologies kick in, you will most likely be forced to choose sides and you'll either be denouncing someone or you'll find yourself at the receiving end of a chain of denouncements. You may also need to start a war yourself in order to cut down research potential of the technology leader or to eliminate a strong culture preventing you from cultural victory.

Yes I agree Jok3r . The Ai could be a tad bit more aggressive. Makavcio I agree with you too. But as I have said before. Most of these world leaders where known for hey if I have a bigger or badder army than you we are going to pay your capital a little visit just for fun. Just because I 'm/my people are Alpha dogs and you are not fit to rule. Maybe a 10% pump up of warmongering would be good.

Top Bottom