[MOD] Medieval: Conquests

what script should we run for now? New world on huge is still small?

You can use any of the scripts that have been posted on the Col forums. A_New_World is the one I do my testing with and haven't branched out to others much yet. Thonnas posted a link to a Faireweather script (I couldn't find it again though) that worked pretty good. As mentioned above there are still issues with starting plots sometimes so I will have to completely rework the code at some point.

Got the same issue with the animal spawning. They are available in the world builder but don't seem the spawn. I played two test runs, one up to 200turns (custom game with animals allowed) and one up to 50turns (play now) and didnt see a single animal in either one.

Also, didnt seem like I was able to build the inventers house/workshop. Isnt the prerequisuite only a lumber mill?

On another note, I did notice that the mauraders seem to work significantly better.

Are the animals working? I see they exists as units in the editor, but do not see them on the map?

Well, thats three reports of no animals. Can someone confirm that animals are turned on in the Player Options? I just applied the update on my laptop here and it seems to be working correctly. Are you playing a Custom game? Animals should appear on the second turn. Maybe they are turned off by default. Anyway, I'll look into the more this evening.

The inventor's house can not be built in monasterys or military settlements I believe. I'll check this as well to see if its working correctly.

Yeah, keep an eye on the marauders. I didn't get to test them at all so glad to hear there is an improvement.

Well, thats three reports of no animals. Can someone confirm that animals are turned on in the Player Options? I just applied the update on my laptop here and it seems to be working correctly. Are you playing a Custom game? Animals should appear on the second turn. Maybe they are turned off by default. Anyway, I'll look into the more this evening.

Hi Kailric!

I have Medieval: Conquests v. 1.2 + update 1.3 (CvGameCoreDLL.dll dated February 16, 2011, 9:25:14 AM). I can confirm that no land/water animals on the map on turn 2 or later. Animals are present only in WB and in CivPedia.

AFAIR, some years ago I had a similar problem when adjusted wild animals in my mod. The problem was related with some undocumented lines that Jeckel (the author of "JAnimals: A Wild Wilderness") just didn't marked. I somehow found these lines. At least in my "Model: Mortally Dangerous Colonization" mod all animals are available.

Unfortunately, my notes remained on my broken PC, but I am ready to try repeat my search. I need the source codes of your mod where the animals were added. If you didn't changed too much the original codes of Jeckel, I probably could find the problem.

Hi Kailric!

I have Medieval: Conquests v. 1.2 + update 1.3 (CvGameCoreDLL.dll dated February 16, 2011, 9:25:14 AM). I can confirm that no land/water animals on the map on turn 2 or later. Animals are present only in WB and in CivPedia.

AFAIR, some years ago I had a similar problem when adjusted wild animals in my mod. The problem was related with some undocumented lines that Jeckel (the author of "JAnimals: A Wild Wilderness") just didn't marked. I somehow found these lines. At least in my "Model: Mortally Dangerous Colonization" mod all animals are available.

Unfortunately, my notes remained on my broken PC, but I am ready to try repeat my search. I need the source codes of your mod where the animals were added. If you didn't changed too much the original codes of Jeckel, I probably could find the problem.

Did you confirm if the option for animals is turned on in the player options? They appear as they should in the version I have on my laptop here. I had to do some work with the JAnimals mod to get it to work bug free, but like I said it is working fine on my laptop so if there is a problem and its not the option being turned off then its just a packing problem as I may not have packed the Update correctly and its causing a problem.

Attachments

• barbarianoptions.jpg
    barbarianoptions.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 626
Did you check in the Game options as shown in the picture?

I turned ON the options for Land/Water animals only on the main screen where we choose the map, victory conditions, etc.

I opened "Options" screen probably couple years ago. Today evening I will try again...

That, is misleading!

Sorry, so I take it you found the option? I added the option to turned off the Medieval Tutorial there and so I just added the Animal option there as well. Sorry for the confusion.

Most of the time when I start a game I don't start "Custom" games I just start a single player game and use the default options.

Yup, that helps.

Definitely need to modify their AI, so they don't go attacking every village they come across.

Congrats Kailric! Playing with your mod last night was the first time I actually spent more than 2 hours with this game without either getting extremely bored and/or frustrated. Awesome work!

I have been using civilopedia alot and see that many descriptions are still for the vanilla buildings/stuff instead of the modded stuff. Is it possible to update those? I would be happy to help if you need to write new texts for those.

A question... What can you do with salt?? One of my main trading posts unfortunately had to be placed on a salted tile and that city keeps accumulating that salt but I haven't found what to do with it... the natives don't want it and it always sell for 1...

Thanks again for making the game fun! :)

Congrats Kailric! Playing with your mod last night was the first time I actually spent more than 2 hours with this game without either getting extremely bored and/or frustrated. Awesome work!

I have been using civilopedia alot and see that many descriptions are still for the vanilla buildings/stuff instead of the modded stuff. Is it possible to update those? I would be happy to help if you need to write new texts for those.

A question... What can you do with salt?? One of my main trading posts unfortunately had to be placed on a salted tile and that city keeps accumulating that salt but I haven't found what to do with it... the natives don't want it and it always sell for 1...

Thanks again for making the game fun! :)

Hey, glad you liked the mod. If you see any areas that need improving or have suggestions let us know.

Yes, the Civilopedia can be updated. I'll write up a Tutorial on how to add new descriptions to the first post when I get home later so you can edit the text files if you are not sure how to do that. I would have loved to of had a fully completed mod to upload for everyone but who knows when that would have been so I uploaded what all I had done for others to test out, give suggestions, and maybe help. So far there has been a lot of help and the mod has advanced along quite well from when I first posted it.

Salt at the moment is only used by Butchers. They use Cows and Salt to make Luxury Food and Hides. There has been a suggestion that we add an additional yield Meat and make it so Butchers use Cows and Salt to make Meat. Then a new profession called a Cook or maybe turn the current Baker into a Cook but either way Cooks would turn Meat into Luxury Food.

Its also been suggested that the price of salt be raised. I wanted salt to actually be Purchased mostly sense few tiles actually produce salt thats why its so cheap. In the mean time just have it on Autosell if you have no use for it.

I'll post a tutorial like I mentioned and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

EDIT: I didn't get to post a tutorial yesterday.. I'll do that as soon as I can though.

Hey, glad you liked the mod. If you see any areas that need improving or have suggestions let us know.

Thanks for the quick reply... So far, I've played mostly early game and haven't reached too far in the tech tree or gotten close to conquest yet. The commerce/city building side of things is what I enjoy the most so I've restarted a bunch of times to see how different resources work, try out monasteries, castle, etc.

There has been some great suggestions in this thread so far... I like the idea of a super peddler with more than one slot... and a 2nd level of road upgrade (or tech making roads faster) is definitely needed.

Yes, the Civilopedia can be updated. I'll write up a Tutorial on how to add new descriptions to the first post when I get home later so you can edit the text files if you are not sure how to do that. I would have loved to of had a fully completed mod to upload for everyone but who knows when that would have been so I uploaded what all I had done for others to test out, give suggestions, and maybe help. So far there has been a lot of help and the mod has advanced along quite well from when I first posted it.

No need for you to post a tutorial... I'll find it out in the forums.

Salt at the moment is only used by Butchers. They use Cows and Salt to make Luxury Food and Hides. There has been a suggestion that we add an additional yield Meat and make it so Butchers use Cows and Salt to make Meat. Then a new profession called a Cook or maybe turn the current Baker into a Cook but either way Cooks would turn Meat into Luxury Food.

Its also been suggested that the price of salt be raised. I wanted salt to actually be Purchased mostly sense few tiles actually produce salt thats why its so cheap. In the mean time just have it on Autosell if you have no use for it.

I really like this butcher setup... At first, I couldnt understand why you would do butcher when the baker gives you the same luxury food without the need for salt... but then saw it gives you hides too. Its a very nice layer of complexity and multi-purpose that was so missing in the vanilla game.

An idea I had thinking about those by-products of industry and resource transformation was that maybe we should have a negative one also... like refuse or waste that would negatively affect towns with heavy production. Not sure how that could work maybe similar to how the baker also consumes food, it would diminish your food supply... and then you could add an improved city well as sewer or refuse collection that would give counterbalance. It's not a finished thought but I think there should be a penalty/downside to concentrating so much of your production, product transformation in the same city.

I'll post a tutorial like I mentioned and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

EDIT: I didn't get to post a tutorial yesterday.. I'll do that as soon as I can though.

I have a 3 day weekend coming up and plan to spend a good part of it playing the game so I'll find out and see what I can do to help.

Thanks for the quick reply... There has been some great suggestions in this thread so far... I like the idea of a super peddler with more than one slot... and a 2nd level of road upgrade (or tech making roads faster) is definitely needed.

Yeah, I am able to keep up with this thread pretty good. The "super peddler" as you say is in the game already as a Wily Trader.

No need for you to post a tutorial... I'll find it out in the forums.
I'll post one soon as I get the chance so that others can more easly help or make changes if they want.

An idea I had thinking about those by-products of industry and resource transformation was that maybe we should have a negative one also... like refuse or waste that would negatively affect towns with heavy production. Not sure how that could work maybe similar to how the baker also consumes food, it would diminish your food supply... and then you could add an improved city well as sewer or refuse collection that would give counterbalance. It's not a finished thought but I think there should be a penalty/downside to concentrating so much of your production, product transformation in the same city.

I have been thinking on ideas such as these as well. "Waste" was a huge problem in big cities but just how or if we should incorparate it into the game is still undecided. I would like to maybe incorparate some kind of "happiness" or "morale" factor that effects production and combat and waste could maybe effect that.

I have a 3 day weekend coming up and plan to spend a good part of it playing the game so I'll find out and see what I can do to help.

Sounds good :)

Just updated first post with some Screenshots. Anyway, not sure how making the gamefonts even larger will effect the game. I don't know much about it all except what I learned from trial and error. So, if you want to fix it either way that would be great. I was wanting to fix it so that the little Defense and Rebel icons are back over the top of the City Billboards...

In the screen shot you can see how the icons are suppose to look...

This is how it looks in the game atm...

I haven't found any place in the xml that adusts what icons appear above the City Billboard. So, I am thinking if I resized the tga files back to its orginal size it may fix the above problem. I did find the place where the Missionary Icons are defined and I had to adjust those so they would appear correct while in the game.

I studied this question. Here my results.

Source of your problem:

- extra YIELDS on the first line of icons ("extra" means all yield after N25, marked RED on last screen),
- extra SpecialBuildings (also marked red),
- extra CROSSES (also marked).

As result, when the game try to read POWER_CHAR from the empty icon (red color X), you can see nothing on the screen (top image).

Thus, if you add on this place the POWER_CHAR icon, you can see it on the screen, (middle image).

At the moment, the game shows on the city billboard three icons:
- TOOLS if some tools are present in the city
- ARMS if some arms are present in the city
- POWER_CHAR in % (that is a % of the people have sworn Fealty to your Kingship).

All changes only in one GameFont.tga file.

Addition: Archive removed. A new Gamefont file is available in Post #180

Thanks KJ, so glad you figured that out. I would make a suggestion though and that is instead of the Independence Flag font we should use another font and the Fealty Crown font would probably work best.

Also, there is actually 4 font icons that appear, the other is the Defense Strength font. In the screen shots I posted you can see it as the little black tower. It only appears when you have fortifications like the Stockade. I am guessing that sense when we count backwards from the Independence Flag we get 13 spaces to the Tower, so if we count 13 spaces backwards from your red X and put a Tower there it should appear in the game perhaps?

Thanks KJ, so glad you figured that out. I would make a suggestion though and that is instead of the Independence Flag font we should use another font and the Fealty Crown font would probably work best.

Also, there is actually 4 font icons that appear, the other is the Defense Strength font. In the screen shots I posted you can see it as the little black tower. It only appears when you have fortifications like the Stockade. I am guessing that sense when we count backwards from the Independence Flag we get 13 spaces to the Tower, so if we count 13 spaces backwards from your red X and put a Tower there it should appear in the game perhaps?

Done!

1. Fealty Crown font instead the Independence Flag
2. the Defense Strength font added

Solution2.jpg

Attachments

• GameFont.rar
    113.5 KB · Views: 670
Top Bottom