Super Tribes

Barb Horsemen x 2 Dismissed but another Barb Camp discovered! :crazyeye:
I might suggest more expansion, Sully. Barbs hate the suburbs. :)

On the upside, we're hoping our lack of personal hygiene will deter Russians from settling too close to the Korean border. :faint:
Fat chance of that. We like our Koreans that way. Makes 'em sizzle and pop over an open fire....

Agree, GPSing is an exhausting business!
Well, when you consider I emailed you the save after 2AM my time...

Righr Russian explorer, pay 10 gold pounds visitor tax or leave before you get arrested.
Not a problem. We gone. We heard 'bout you Brits and taxation...

gps to TomBxx.

gps

Our exploring navy has spotted a large settlement of barbarian horsemen on the South West coast of Rome. Looks like they are up to no good.

Cyc, would you mind posting a copy of the .biq you used to start this game? I'm noticing unexpected rules quirks (like being able to build both chariots and horsemen at the same time and min research time being 3 turns), and I'd like to know what else is different from the epic game in order to plan ahead.

Cyc, would you mind posting a copy of the .biq you used to start this game? I'm noticing unexpected rules quirks (like being able to build both chariots and horsemen at the same time and min research time being 3 turns), and I'd like to know what else is different from the epic game in order to plan ahead.
I'm kind of doubtful that the .biq will be posted for the player who's soaring out of reach in first place here. ;)

Other than the changes posted in the first post of this thread, the two you've mentioned above are it for anything different. You may have noticed a lessening of corruption. As this is a large map, I wanted to ease the restrictions of the game to make it more enjoyable. That's also why I used Bonus Grass tiles to fill in Tundra and Jungle (and some coastal regions).

The Chariots in this game upgrade to 3-Man Chariots. I did this to enhance the Chariot in its own right, and not just go to a Horseman. What I hadn't remembered to change was that only the Hittites are allowed to build 3-Man Chariots. And that doesn't do any of us any good. Not that I like building Chariots, I don't. They're just fast Warriors. We may just have to put up with seeing Chariots on the list for a while, if not all game. My mistake.

I voluntarily changed the minimum research rate to 3 instead of 4. I can't stand having the minimum at 4, it's such a waste of time. Again, I can't see this as something to complain about. It means quick techs.

The game was designed to be fast moving and easy to play. The four traits of the SuperTribes take everything up a notch. You are handling the alterations famously, Elephantium. Relax and enjoy the game. You won't find any outlandish changes that will distrupt your planning.

The game was designed to be fast moving and easy to play. The four traits of the SuperTribes take everything up a notch. You are handling the alterations famously, Elephantium. Relax and enjoy the game. You won't find any outlandish changes that will distrupt your planning.

:lol: Thanks! For the record, I'm greatly enjoying this game.

I don't mean to complain about the tweaks you've made. I've just been surprised by them, that's all. I was expecting to upgrade Swordsmen to MDI, but that upgrade seems to be disabled :confused: ... I'd like to know if any other upgrades I'd normally count on are disabled as well.

:lol: Thanks! For the record, I'm greatly enjoying this game.

I don't mean to complain about the tweaks you've made. I've just been surprised by them, that's all. I was expecting to upgrade Swordsmen to MDI, but that upgrade seems to be disabled :confused: ... I'd like to know if any other upgrades I'd normally count on are disabled as well.

No, I've gone through the .biq, and all of the appropriate upgrades are in place. I have played with the Swordsman not upgrading for so long, I didn't even realize it could become an MI. For me, the two units don't match up. In theory or in practicality. A 3/2 Swordsman is a rougue with a blade who fight in an open field with no real structure or formation. And they probably spat on the young grunts struggling to become 2/4 MIs with their rules and regulations. Which is probably why MIs upgrade to Guerillas, they never quite made the transformation/transition to regimented infantry. That's the way my games are played anyway. If over the years, I have strayed from the standard rules, it was unintentional. And we're talking about low level, Ancient Era military here. I doubt this will be an issue in this game. BTW, Hoplites upgrade to Musketmen and Legionaries upgrade to MIs. Whereas, and I've mentioned this before, the Russian UU is the only one in this game that does not upgrade. Wait... I'll have to double check on the Brits Warship UU.

And I'm glad you're enjoying the game. I look forward to every cheerful greeting from Sully each time he delivers my save. I just hope I can achieve the level of strength for the Russians that they appear to have an opportunity for.

Couldn't get on earlier, gps'd about 4 hours ago.

Thanks, Sully. I've tried everything suggested in the technical forum and more, still doesn't work. :cry:

It may be because my PC is 'locked down' i.e. I have limited administrator rights in a number of areas. But, I now have line manager approval for my PC to be unlocked on the pretence that it impacts my encryted emails. :lol: Then I'll give it another go.

Working from home today. :)

GPS to Hawk 2630BC

Alright! Got Civ working on my laptop. Got my PC unlocked only to find my Civ CD had a crack running right through it. Ok to play but not install. The replacement CD arrived today, just as I'm packing to go on a two week business trip. And it installed fine! :dance:[party]:rockon::high5::w00t:

Alright! Got Civ working on my laptop. Got my PC unlocked only to find my Civ CD had a crack running right through it. Ok to play but not install. The replacement CD arrived today, just as I'm packing to go on a two week business trip. And it installed fine! :dance:[party]:rockon::high5::w00t:

It never rains but it pours :sad:

Glad you got it sorted :D

gps

Talking about Rain...San Antonio under Flash Flood Warning through tomorrow midday. We need the rain..but not all at once!!!

4 Barb Horsemen KIA...no losses...though Barb Galley spotted moving east. Roman Coastal Patrols alerted!

GPS to Cyc

Talking about Rain...San Antonio under Flash Flood Warning through tomorrow midday. We need the rain..but not all at once!!!

Didn't SRV have a song about that? :D

BTW Sully. Congrats on building the Statue of Zeus in Veii. Normally nations post a pic celebrating the construction of a Great Wonder. I would have congratulated earlier had I been aware of your accomplishment.

gps to Tom.

OOps sorry about not posting a pic of the wonder. I thought I mentioned it previously?? I and the workers might have been to exhausted?????:sleep:

:) Not a problem. You did mention it previously. I just wasn't sure who you were talking about and kept forgetting to check the Wonder Screen.

Top Bottom