Brave New World gameplay walkthrough w. Ed Beach posting tomorrow

Overall, the gist of the Play Improvements is to give us all much, much more to do and to consider in the late game. Dunno about the rest of you, but from the Modern Era on most Civ V games have been something of a disappointment to me, in that the game is usually pretty well decided by then, there aren't any real game changing decisions left to be made. BNW looks like it will change a lot of that.
The little question remains, of course, How well will the AI be able to take advantage of the changes and new possibilities?

i don't know if somebody else mentioned this, but did Shaka's leaderscreen play the Songhai soundtrack?

Music has been placeholders so far for every video we have seen.

I know, it's weird, I'll be mad if the music stays like that until release (A lot of leaders in Civ 4 reused music from other leaders, but mostly from their own country)

It is weird too, there's about 66 days left till the release and they still use placeholder music. But then again, I need to see fi the built is still the same.

I know, it's weird, I'll be mad if the music stays like that until release (A lot of leaders in Civ 4 reused music from other leaders, but mostly from their own country)

It is weird too, there's about 66 days left till the release and they still use placeholder music. But then again, I need to see fi the built is still the same.

It's not that weird. It's doubtful they're using the most current build for the stream, so it's probably not indicative of the state of the game as it actually stands now.

Watching it right now, wow many mistakes... Maria the Mad is not loved in Brazil, she's hated, actually. And it's fay-toe-REE-uh, not fay-TALL-rya.

No African city art :( :( :( :( :(

Hmm, he mentioned Marco Polo going back to Venice...:think:

Yeah, because Marco Polo lived in Venice.

But so far about three people has sworn the art for M'baza-Kongo looks different, zulu itself is hard to see, but one would assume they'd have the same art-style.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure it is different, Songhai, Zulu and maybe-but-maybe-not Ethiopia has their own art style! And also M'basa-kongo, Mombasa and hopefully Zanzibar (why were they asian?)

This is a graphic someone made over at the civ reddit subforum. It highlights what the new things are in the section of the tech tree we saw.

1. ?
2. Globe Theatre
3. Feitoria
4. Uffizi Gallery
5. ?
6. Archaeologist
7. Archaeological Dig (and a building, should be separate I think)
8. Hotel
9. Broadway
10. ? (Airport?)

Plus there are a couple of new global effects (white stars), still unknown.

There's a Civreddit? That's pretty cool.

Although it misses the Christmas Ornaments.

Its placement in the text box suggests a wonder. They usually put wonders to the right.

For some reason it looks like to me, given the various spires I can see pointing up. The icons are always a lot different than the splash art. I guess we'll find out.

Yeah, I assumed it was a wonder. Don't make out a person, but it's grainy and my eyes are dumb. As for wonders on the right, now looking at banking, the constabulary is to the right of the FP, so who knows? All the others seem to have a standard order to them.

^ Yeah, it was mentioned. It seems Theaters were replaced by Zoos.

I rather like Adam Sessler, long time veteran in the gaming industry.

Yeah, I agree. I miss XPlay

Top Bottom