Alternate History NESes; Spout some ideas!

So? Which alternate histories appeal to you?

• Rome Never Falls

Votes: 58 35.8%
  • Axis Wins WWII

Votes: 55 34.0%
  • D-Day Fails

Votes: 41 25.3%
  • No Fort Sumter, No Civil War

Votes: 32 19.8%
  • No Waterloo

Votes: 33 20.4%
  • Islamic Europe

Votes: 43 26.5%
  • No Roman Empire

Votes: 37 22.8%
  • Carthage wins Punic Wars

Votes: 51 31.5%
  • Alexander the Great survives his bout with malaria

Votes: 54 33.3%
  • Mesoamerican Empires survived/Americas not discovered

Votes: 48 29.6%
  • Americans lose revolutionary war/revolutionary war averted

Votes: 44 27.2%
  • Years of Rice and Salt (Do it again!)

Votes: 24 14.8%
  • Recolonization of Africa

Votes: 20 12.3%
  • Advanced Native Americans

Votes: 59 36.4%
  • Successful Zimmerman note

Votes: 35 21.6%
  • Germany wins WWI

Votes: 63 38.9%
  • Other

Votes: 31 19.1%

• Total voters

Amenhotep7

Spartiate
Well, we need some ideas for Alternate History NESes. I plan to do many in my NES modding career.

I have some brainstormed.

-Rome never fell (OVERUSED!!!, however interesting.:))
-Axis won WWII. (Maybe D-Day was a disaster, or something)
-Allies won, but with a failed D-Day invasion, much of western Europe was annexed into the USSR.
-No Fort Sumter, No Civil War? (Confederacy survives?)
-No Waterloo (Pax Gallica?)
-Ottomans won the Siege of Vienna (Islamic Europe?)
-Rome never rose (Erez almost started this one)
-Carthage won Punic Wars
-Alexander the great survived (Pax Graecia?)
-Mesoamerican Empires survive? (Just consult the book "Aztec Century")
-America lost it's revolutionary war?
-Years of Rice and Salt (Great. Classic!:thumbsup: )
-The American Indians utilized Iron Working earlier in their development, then crafted guns?
-Colonization of Africa, redux (Suppose sometime in the near future the subsaharan African governments fall into disarray, leaving the modern world powers to recolonize)
-Zimmerman Note not intercepted (America fights on the home front?)
-Germany wins WWI

So which of these is most appealing to you? Suggestions?

Do not post until poll's up, please.

Post now.:)

two votes... No posts?

I think that a successful zimmerman note,and the advanced native americans would have been awesome nonsence she wrote.

LOL, a whole bunch of votes.

Rome Never Falls--Way over used.
Axis Wins WWII--Overused, but I like the concept.
D-Day Fails--Excellent, but I did not click it (accident).
No Fort Sumter, No Civil War--Interesting, but overused.
No Waterloo--That would be GREAT
Islamic Europe--That would be GREAT
No Roman Empire--GREAT, I was actually going to do one myself. Ideas--Samnites beat Rome.
Carthage wins Punic Wars-- Overused, but good.
Alexander the Great survives his bout with malaria--Overused, but good.
Mesoamerican Empires survived/Americas not discovered--This I would LOVE.
Americans lose revolutionary war/revolutionary war averted--This would be GREAT.
Years of Rice and Salt (Do it again!)--Good idea, but as a former mod of this, I have to tell you it is difficult. You definately have to find a way to keep China from being overpowered, but still fun for the player.
Recolonization of Africa--Meh, OK, but I wouldn't join.
Advanced Native Americans-- Overused, but I'd LOVE it.
Successful Zimmerman note-- GREAT!
Germany wins WWI--Overused, but good.

While I do admire your courage to be such a pioneer...Please,mod one NES at a time.modding 2 NES's at the same time usually ruins one,or both.

I never said I'd interrupt stAmen7NES2. This is just for the ole' idea bank.

Oh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

btw...Could you get on AIM man?

You win the most pointless post award. "Oh" with enough exclaimation marks to clog an artery (and a 10 character minimum;)), and a :D smiley.

:joke:

Thank you...Thank you all *Bows* I'll be here all week ;)

But seriously...If someone was to make an advanced native americans NES I'd join the crap out of it.

I already did a what if on the Americans losing the revolutionary war, in Apolyton and CFC.

My votes to the Advanced Native Americans :)

I voted for: No Fort Sumter, No Civil War, Alexander the Great survives his bout with malaria, and other: Wat if the CHina was not divided when the Mongols came? Could the Chinese have ended the Mongolian's reign of terror quickly?

i'd love to see the Zimmerman one, as that's one alt history i've always thought on.

@alex

Quite intriguing. Historians credit the Mongols for helping the European Dark Ages end sooner...

-Rome never fell (Unless it begins with a divided Rome or a Rome with big internal problems, Rome would dominate)
-Axis won WWII. (Depends on how one would define the Axis "winning". Like Eternal Rome, it might have two or three superpowerful Axis nations against just the US)
-Allies won, but with a failed D-Day invasion, much of western Europe was annexed into the USSR. (same problem of two big powers and a bunch of small boys)
-No Fort Sumter, No Civil War? (This is one that I'm actually considering putting together myself, with the Confederacy itself divided)
-No Waterloo (Same monolithic power problem)
-Ottomans won the Siege of Vienna (Quite intriguing. Though Iv'e read that if the Ottomans had won there it would have not so much ended with Islamic Europe as much as killed the Reformation)
-Rome never rose (Intriguing)
-Carthage won Punic Wars (not that interesting)
-Alexander the great survived (Probably wouldn't be that different from what actually happened. Alexander would have just kept conquering. He was a good general but a crappy ruler with no interest in peace)
-Mesoamerican Empires survive? (Very intriguing)
-America lost it's revolutionary war? (It would just replace the American dominance with a continued British dominance)
-Years of Rice and Salt (If North King revived this game, I'd so be back in it. Everyone check out my Years of Rice and Salt scenario in Creation and Customization! http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=91317)
-The American Indians utilized Iron Working earlier in their development, then crafted guns (simlar to the Mesoamerica survives scenario, therefore also intriguing)
-Colonization of Africa, redux (Doesn't tickle my fancy)
-Zimmerman Note not intercepted (Mexico wasn't a significant threat anyway, more interesting would be a WWI without America, see below)
-Germany wins WWI (potentially quite interesting Imagine Fascist, neo-Revanchist France).

Zimmerman, Alexander the great, and Advanced Native Americans are great! (Especially the last one!)

What if Japan had succeded in invading Korea the first time and then went on and invaded China becoming overlord of the east?

Another idea could be that the Australian aboriginies and New Zealanders became advanced and sailed to england before england sailed to them. That would be interesting.

Tyrion said:
Another idea could be that the Australian aboriginies and New Zealanders became advanced and sailed to england before england sailed to them. That would be interesting.

I like that idea! :thumbsup:

Top Bottom