Europe Screen 5.0 beta and aodII

Although I am not the best graphics artist in the world, I can do some tricks. I had to create more space for the Chinese port. A group of ships and rocks has been removed, and replaced with a blue area resembling the sea, sky and clouds merging.

My (wannabe) finalised background is attached.

Please check the top left corner, does it look realistic enough?

Thanks

Attachments

• chinaport4.jpg
    chinaport4.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 90
Thats pretty cool Prinz. Can you soften the edges at the top tho, and get rid of the big ship in the foreground?

I tried to soften them more, but it looked like blue pooh. :)

Maybe my skills just suck. Feeling the gap of the ship is a problem.

PS If you feel comfy with it, edit the pic and post here. :)

This is the beta version I am working at the moment. :)

My biggest problem at the moment is I cannot find a way to bring the two ships waiting in port, closer together. :confused:

So the second one hits the shore. Looks a bit silly.

Hope Koma, or Dale have an idea. :help:

Attachments

• ChinesePort.JPG
    ChinesePort.JPG
    332.7 KB · Views: 118
Yeah that's done through the CvEuropeScreen.py (one of the width variables). If I can suggest, by removing the treasure junk you would gain that much more space to display things. It looks extremely crowded right now.

Just my 2 cents. :)

Thanks!

Treasure junk is a pain in the butt... Removing it is ok, but filling the area is a problem.

Perhaps I should try to make sea transparent and use the ocean in the background... Lots of stuff to think now.

Koma is helping a lot. :)

Hmmmmmm... that's one try. But I still need to clean hell a lot of details, ships and all the mess.

I've also made a dock...

You have to move the dock up, else inport ships get in the way and you can't select units on dock.
And are you hiding something behind windows start menu ? :)

Ups! Thanks Koma

Got an update. Do you think this port would be satisfactory? As you can guess, it uses your background of animated sea and sky.

Now I think I need to set the ground at bottom right corner at 50% opacity. Maybe the trees too. Add some clouds? A few birds? Seems also a few pixels need cleaning up.

Checked the docks, and seems to be no prob. :)

Alternatively, I will have to look for a completely different image. Frankly I am not so fond of this picture, but it seems it's the best we've got.

Any other suggestions?

Attachments

• Port.JPG
    Port.JPG
    227.3 KB · Views: 101
Now I think I need to set the ground at bottom right corner at 50% opacity. Maybe the trees too

Why?

Frankly I am not so fond of this picture, but it seems it's the best we've got.

Any other suggestions?

You just need some practice. Take some break and start over again. It often helps.

Here is something to cheer you up, that was my first try (EuropeScreen1). To view in full glory scale it up to 1600x1200. :)

I've played with this screeny and loved it. :)

Brings back good old col. memories...

BTW how do you add gold from unit editor?

Hi, I have been working a bit on Prinz' original picture, trying to remove the Junk and smooth out the sea/sky in the top left. Not finished yet but pretty much just need to blend the two layers of sea where the Junk was and fill in a little piece under the building on the beach. Let me know what you think :)

Edit: Bit more work on pic

Attachments

• chinaport.jpg
    chinaport.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 90
I like it, I will try to play with opacity of it. Then use as background the animated sea.

Searched for hours for another port, but couldn't find another half decent one.

Hi,

Ok, here's the latest ver. Can upload hi-res ver/psd if needed.

Attachments

• chinaport.jpg
    chinaport.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 85
Also love that you're trying to create individual ports for eazch nation.
So, should the Aussie home port have the Harbor Bridge or just the Opera House? ;)

What do you think? :)

EDIT: Obviously when I run many applications, capture screen likes my taskbar. Grrr.... :)

Attachments

• ChinesePort2.JPG
    ChinesePort2.JPG
    314.8 KB · Views: 113
How about putting inbound ships to the right (between both towers). After all there are coming from the east.

Top Bottom