Dawn of Civilization - an RFC modmod by Leoreth

Status
Not open for further replies.
What tech is Buddism? I never found it but suddenly got it during one of my turns as the Indians.

Has this been upgraded to the latest SVN yet? Like, with Kongo in it.

No, Kongo and all the other changes are only available in SVN currently.

Bahh, :(. I know it's weird but I like playing 'official' things, if you understand what I mean.

I know exactly what you mean :D

Which is why I'm waiting for version 1.10 to come out to download DoC - because I can never have a number that is not a multiple of 5, .5 (which I struggle with) or 50 (preferred). I just can't. Playing SVN would be a nightmare to me because of this.

I know exactly what you mean :D

Which is why I'm waiting for version 1.10 to come out to download DoC - because I can never have a number that is not a multiple of 5, .5 (which I struggle with) or 50 (preferred). I just can't. Playing SVN would be a nightmare to me because of this.

Concur.

oh snap, just started playing as Iran...which is sort of fun actually. One thing would be nice though, is there any to have a quick start for Iran? I had to wait as Turkey before switching over to them. If not, guess not a big deal, since I saved the game right when they spawn.

No(t) (yet), I guess..
Iran is respawn of Persia, unlike Italy which now is a different civilization than Rome.

when is 2.0 to come out with all the new civs in for those of us who dont want to use svn?

It'll be 1.10, but I have no idea.

oh snap, just started playing as Iran...which is sort of fun actually. One thing would be nice though, is there any to have a quick start for Iran? I had to wait as Turkey before switching over to them. If not, guess not a big deal, since I saved the game right when they spawn.

If you have 1.9 start to play as Netherlands, on the next turn you'll be asked if you want to switch to Iran. If you have SVN, you should start to play as Congo (because now the Netherlands start after Iran).

If you have 1.9 start to play as Netherlands, on the next turn you'll be asked if you want to switch to Iran. If you have SVN, you should start to play as Congo (because now the Netherlands start after Iran).

I thought that might work, but I was concerned if starting as the Dutch would mean I would miss out on switching to Iran. I'll have to try this. Thanks. :)

Hi Leoreth!

Lots of thanks for your work :)

The discussion just touched a subject I have a few questions about:
Do you plan to continually improve your mod (i.e., will there be a 1.2, 1.3.,...), or do you have an end point in mind when all changes you want to include are done?
If continual improvement, is there any chance you'll become bored with this project in the next year or two?
If endpoint, when do you think the mod will be finished?

Oh, these are difficult questions. I think at some point there will be DoC 2.0 and I won't add any new features, just bugfixes if necessary. I don't have an already planned out feature list for that point though, and many of the current features have been thought of along the way, so it's really impossible to say. We're definitely past the 1/2 or 2/3 mark of the mod's ultimate scope already.

Not to mention that I already have another project in the pipeline that I would like to be able to devote all of my attention to at some point ;)

Not to mention that I already have another project in the pipeline that I would like to be able to devote all of my attention to at some point ;)

Oooooh, so mysterious ! You mean a CIV project right ? Can you tell us anything about it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom